Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
What if I modify PackGuard so that it doesn't display these error messages? :eek:

Then we will need a PackGuardGuard, and if you modify that, a PackGuardGuardGuard, and if you...

Curious to see how this will be used exactly, I'm sure it will be useful though. Although I think this may not help with the people that just mindlessly click until they get into the game, neither reading any warnings nor the crash reports and just yell at people online to fix things.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Then we will need a PackGuardGuard, and if you modify that, a PackGuardGuardGuard, and if you...

Curious to see how this will be used exactly, I'm sure it will be useful though. Although I think this may not help with the people that just mindlessly click until they get into the game, neither reading any warnings nor the crash reports and just yell at people online to fix things.
Welcome to the Internet. :p
There will always be people who click through mindlessly, and there will always be people who solve problems for them, even if they don't deserve it.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Not possible. PackGuard injects a rootkit which hides the autoupdater from the user's antivirus. The autoupdater will not only update the mod, but also make sure it doesn't get modified in any way. If you change anything about the mod, it'll wipe your files as punishment.

Joking of course

The only thing that'll help against those people is a ban hammer.
Pretty funny thing is... before you said that I had no idea if you were joking.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I've released a beta version of a new small mod - Compacter

This mods adds a single simple block - the Compacter.
  • It will try crafting input items in either 2x2 or 3x3 pattern (configurable in the GUI) and output the result.
  • It will process unlimited items per tick, as long as there enough items and energy provided.
  • You can set it to work only when redstone signal is applied (configurable in the GUI).
  • Recursive compacting mode can be enabled from the GUI which will try combining outputted items again (for e.g. compressed cobble).
  • The compacter will use RF or EU power for every operation.
Requires a recent version of BDLib and either IC2 (experimental) or any RF mod (Thermal Expansion, EnderIO, etc.) for power.

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/231549-compacter
Between this and XU transfer nodes, Bedrockium just got a lot easier to craft quickly. :p

Reactions: SynfulChaot

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I've released a beta version of a new small mod - Compacter

This mods adds a single simple block - the Compacter.
  • It will try crafting input items in either 2x2 or 3x3 pattern (configurable in the GUI) and output the result.
  • It will process unlimited items per tick, as long as there enough items and energy provided.
  • You can set it to work only when redstone signal is applied (configurable in the GUI).
  • Recursive compacting mode can be enabled from the GUI which will try combining outputted items again (for e.g. compressed cobble).
  • The compacter will use RF or EU power for every operation.
Requires a recent version of BDLib and either IC2 (experimental) or any RF mod (Thermal Expansion, EnderIO, etc.) for power.

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/231549-compacter

Might want to add the reverse function. To decompress items. Example: Iron blocks into iron ingots.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Not possible. PackGuard injects a rootkit which hides the autoupdater from the user's antivirus. The autoupdater will not only update the mod, but also make sure it doesn't get modified in any way. If you change anything about the mod, it'll wipe your files as punishment.

Joking of course :p

The only thing that'll help against those people is a ban hammer.

Correction: The only thing that'll help against those people is a sledge hammer... to a random the body part. I'm hoping to roll a hit to there lower nether regions.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
But on that toolbox:
A great farmer's toolbox: hoe, shovel, seeds, bonemeal
- it will turn dirt to farmland on right click
- it will plant seeds on right click on dirt

Lets say I have multiple seeds -- wheat, pumpkin, melon, potato, carrot -- how does it know what to plant?

Other than that, ... it looks like it makes inventory management / tool choice a "zero thinking" thing. ... Not sure that this is an improvement, but it certainly makes the game easier / less thinking.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Someone asked me about putting Model Citizens into a regular modpack for their viewers, so that finally spurred me to update it to add a recipe and some extra config options to make it more survival mode friendly. You don't need creative mode at all now by default.
Have you thought about an option to slot in a player head as a form of input for player name? This would make it compatible with, say, Headcrumbs, as that mod's statue system is rather... lacking.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
new day, no update, EVERYBODY PANIC!!

pBUhdtp.gif
Hehe, didn't think that would happen. A really boring day indeed.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
We need to acquire more modders this is unacceptable!
*Starts spamming random people until they start to write a mod*

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Because java and time. I also have no ideas for mods, yes that is shocking isn't it.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
That still leave java and time as problems and I don't remember seeing something there that I found interesting but then again I still use ic2 and buildcraft :p