Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Vis system is gonna be some hybrid of TC3 and TC4. Wands will charge directly from the aura like they did in TC3, so there won't be much point in having conversion wands in FM anymore.

I don't know any other details, but I know it won't be the TC4 I balanced my mod around. Nothing wrong with that. I just think trying to update FM to it would be shoving a square peg in a round hole.

Plus, I just don't want to work with 1.8. :p

Edit: Azanor did just happen to mention that he's removing the API hook to add new aspects while I was in the TC channel too, so that's another part of FM that wouldn't be relevant to the new TC. :p

Nuuuu don't leave!

FM's integration was one of the best things about TC addons for me! The only addons that took higher priority are TT and Automagy (I haven't played without TT in so long it doesn't feel like TC anymore without it, and Automagy's automation helpers are almost utterly unique). The ability to use my Ars Mana, Botania Mana, LP network, and more was some of the best things, I didn't have to progress in 7 mods at the same time, I could "skip" a bit and not be horrifically penalized for doing it.

Plus the umbral rose and wrath cage were awesomesauce in a can.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
They are all revelling in the fact that Tinkers got an update today, and it broke ExtraTiC ;)
Eh, I say TiCo 'broke' when they made modifiers on bolts/arrows no longer work at all. As in less than a single point of damage extra when you have five modifiers worth on it. I know it needed rebalancing, 70+ damage was just crazy, it is currently impossible to create a ranged weapon that can one-shot opponents. Considering you can do this in vanilla with enchants... probably needs to get revisited at some point.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, I say TiCo 'broke' when they made modifiers on bolts/arrows no longer work at all. As in less than a single point of damage extra when you have five modifiers worth on it. I know it needed rebalancing, 70+ damage was just crazy, it is currently impossible to create a ranged weapon that can one-shot opponents. Considering you can do this in vanilla with enchants... probably needs to get revisited at some point.
What version of TiCon are you using? I believe this was altered. It wasn't altered back to being able to make your arrows 1 shot EVERYTHING though (as in, getting 50+) I don't think. I dunno though...
Just looked at the past patch notes:
1.8.3:
- Quartz now always adds flat damage to all ranged hits

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
What version of TiCon are you using? I believe this was altered. It wasn't altered back to being able to make your arrows 1 shot EVERYTHING though (as in, getting 50+) I don't think. I dunno though...
Just looked at the past patch notes:
1.8.3:
- Quartz now always adds flat damage to all ranged hits

I can't even hit 20 damage with a TiCon crossbow/longbow anymore. Using 1.8.3b (which is where you see that). It lies. It adds nothing.

EDIT: now on 1.8.4 and still any modifiers on bolts do not impact damage in the least

Last edited:

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, probably. Still kinda annoying that I have to let a tool level to 100, or use creative modifiers to get a tool that's better than a VANILLA bow. That's just kinda sad. They needed to be tuned down by default, because 100+ damage per hit without really trying was insane, but making them worse than vanilla+enchants was WAY too far in the other direction, ya know?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, probably. Still kinda annoying that I have to let a tool level to 100, or use creative modifiers to get a tool that's better than a VANILLA bow. That's just kinda sad. They needed to be tuned down by default, because 100+ damage per hit without really trying was insane, but making them worse than vanilla+enchants was WAY too far in the other direction, ya know?
.... I've been getting 30+ damage from just a couple of quartz modifiers on manyullyn arrows and a plastic longbow. No Iguana's Tweaks though. Are you sure you're doing stuff right?

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
*shrug* I'm still playing on the version that lets you get over 100 without using any modifier enhancers (nether star, notch apple and diamond block, etc). Because I'm not playing on a version I consider to be broken, and not in a good way.