Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
Well with a bound pick, one of two things can go wrong, you can unleash it and destry i think a 15x15 cube, or run out of life points when you use that mode and kill yourself. Either is funny.

Reactions: 1SDAN

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
While I would normally agree, considering the side tracks this post has taken, that seems abit harsh to be calling people up on it now, the last 20 pages i think was discussing illegally rehosted modpacks.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
While I would normally agree, considering the side tracks this post has taken, that seems abit harsh to be calling people up on it now, the last 20 pages i think was discussing illegally rehosted modpacks.

They were already called out on it at one point. That was then drowned out.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Better late than never. :p
Besides, there's actually a dedicated thread for derps, whereas before, people were discussing the stupid reasons other people gave for redistributing said mods/packs. While that could have gone in the RED thread, or the newly-formed #StopModReposts bonanza... but whatever. That's a mod's job anywho. I'm just a HEY LISTEN

Edit: Ninja'd. ^^

Reactions: Padfoote

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
Well to be fair, on topic, I don't talk to people who dislike mods, because they are frankly idiots (Not all, just the ones I know). So I don't really care what they would have said if I did talk to them about it. :D

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget Blood Magics bound tools
@PurpleMentat was using a bound pick as his primary pick in his Running Red series. I was just waiting for a major derp to happen and it eventually did :D
I got through almost an entire series of Agrarian Skies keeping the thing tucked away in a bag, knowing I'd kill myself with it. In Running Red, I screwed up with it TWICE. So much loss of motivation, it contributed to me abandoning the series.

The moral of this story? Only use the Bound Pick for special projects well away from your base.

What happened?
Both of these below. It was funny in hindsight, with the Dark Days behind me.

Well with a bound pick, one of two things can go wrong, you can unleash it and destry i think a 15x15 cube, or run out of life points when you use that mode and kill yourself. Either is funny.

Reactions: 1SDAN and ljfa

efefe48

Jul 29, 2019
I got through almost an entire series of Agrarian Skies keeping the thing tucked away in a bag, knowing I'd kill myself with it. In Running Red, I screwed up with it TWICE. So much loss of motivation, it contributed to me abandoning the series.

The moral of this story? Only use the Bound Pick for special projects well away from your base.

Both of these below. It was funny in hindsight, with the Dark Days behind me.
I'm still kinda sad that you abandoned it.
Will you try Material Energy^4 or even ^3 because i would like to see someone play it properly.
Just suggesting...please....

Nefroz

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, I can't believe it... I hope this page was written by a monkey randomly pressing keys.
If not, well my brain just went holidays in New Zealand

Landover is a parody site, they stay quite in character though.

Edit: I should clarify that they parody the Conservative Christian anything fun is EVIL type people.

Last edited:

Equitime

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, I can't believe it... I hope this page was written by a monkey randomly pressing keys.
If not, well my brain just went holidays in New Zealand
This made me laugh soooo much. Thanks for cheering me up when I'm having a bad day. my brain is also melted. (not sorry for lack of grammar etc)

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
Very clear and thoughtful. Although I have no hopes that it reaches those who'd need to read it most.
To be honest Reika could save himself alot of hastle by having a test as a requirement before download. Simple questions like, have you read the EULA, do you know how to use this mod, do you know what items this mod adds. Etc. Then anyone who comes to him to complain can be called out for having answered yes to those questions, and be dealt with accordingly "I don't deal with liars." for instance is a good reply.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Very clear and thoughtful. Although I have no hopes that it reaches those who'd need to read it most.
Maybe, but if they go TL;DR on me, then it is their credibility that is shot.

To be honest Reika could save himself alot of hastle by having a test as a requirement before download. Simple questions like, have you read the EULA, do you know how to use this mod, do you know what items this mod adds. Etc. Then anyone who comes to him to complain can be called out for having answered yes to those questions, and be dealt with accordingly "I don't deal with liars." for instance is a good reply.
Unfortunately, that will immediately be labelled DRM: "OMG REIKA IS PREVENTING PEOPLE FROM GETTING HIS MOD UNLESS THEY PASS A TEST!"

Status
Not open for further replies.