Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, at least now we know that all modders are self-entitled fucks since they for no reason at all want to control distribution of their copyrighted work. </reddit-inspired sarcasm>
I saw that comment ._.
It makes me annoyed when people call our #StopModReposts project greedy and illegal.

Reactions: PierceSG and 1SDAN

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
I saw that comment ._.
It makes me annoyed when people call our #StopModReposts project greedy and illegal.
I understand that completely. I also don't get the motivation: these must be people who never created anything, although it's so easy to create in Minecraft.

OK, the difference is that it's probably very rare for others to copy your Minecraft builds and sell them as their own.

Reactions: 1SDAN

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Those people who called out against the projects are probably those people who are profiting from stealing other people's works.

If you do noticed, quite a few of them are new accounts with very little posts count.

Reactions: ljfa

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Those people who called out against the projects are probably those people who are profiting from stealing other people's works.

If you do noticed, quite a few of them are new accounts with very little posts count.
Not all of them; I recall in particular the mickey mouse avatar with the "Anonymous mask". Given that avatar and the people normally associated with that mask, I find it very believable that some of these people are of the "creators own nothing, the community owns everything" mindset, the same one I often see associated with software piracy that attempts to paint copyright and/or retail as theft.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Not all of them; I recall in particular the mickey mouse avatar with the "Anonymous mask". Given that avatar and the people normally associated with that mask, I find it very believable that some of these people are of the "creators own nothing, the community owns everything" mindset, the same one I often see associated with software piracy that attempts to paint copyright and/or retail as theft.
Copyright laws and enforcement have their problems, but they do have their place, as well.

That said, the overzealous, Communistic tendencies expressed in that last pic are...alarming. I'm not using "Communistic" as hyperbole, either; their ideals are mirrored quite accurately by hardline Communism. (Note that I don't have a problem with the more sensible aspects of Communism, but extremes in any area tend to be a bad thing.)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Copyright laws and enforcement have their problems, but they do have their place, as well.
These people act based on a sense of entitlement.

Is that text written to rotarycraft?

send from a thing
Yes, that is from my "What not to do" list, and is in fact chronologically the first (from around September 2013).

Geckogamer

Jul 29, 2019
Brain :'i dont wanna see this anymore'

If you look at the top left corner you see that message is sended on 16 oct

send from a thing

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I guess "reikafiles.com" is not your domain?
Well never blindly trust pull requests.
Correct me if I'm wrong (limited knowledge of programming), but is that code designed to steal login info?
With my and your limited knowledge combined, that verdict would appear to be correct...
The code is not valid; getPassKey() does not exist, nor does the file server "reikafiles.com". It is purely an attempt to trap me into having an extremely severe "criticism point". Presumably be planned to return as a "whistleblower".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.