Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Protocurity

Jul 29, 2019
And when they annoy the makers of total conversion mods about how they so hate them not being current and refusing to use forge.
And then for the total conversions that DO use forge, they accuse them of being horrible at coding because they "are stupid enough to override base files"

To be fair, I'm not sure those two camps are the exact same people. The malcontent are a louder community in general, so any media site will constantly be flooded with complaints. When devs change something, the loudspeaker changes hands to the new unhappy party, and community satisfaction still appears to be as elusive as a smart, nice, non-crazy, hot woman who has all of your interests. The satisfied usually keep quiet and speak softly, so it is hard to gauge how successful anything is by feedback.

Though this isn't always the case.

Anyway, I don't have any "dumb things about minecraft" incidents.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't really had anyone say something stupid about modded Minecraft, but it irritates me when people (who don't know much about Minecraft) see me playing a hardcore technical modpack and think I'm playing vanilla, then get the impression that I'm playing a game made for 10 year old kids. Then you get put into the same category as all the little schoolboy Minecraft nerds that stay up late at night memorizing Java code and worshipping Notch. But hey...whatever lol

Reactions: YX33A and 1SDAN

Moridin

Jul 29, 2019
It depends on your operating system :p
Yep, have to love that Mac OS.

Here's a personal one, when I was first starting:

"I want to figure out Vanilla Minecraft before jumping in to modded..." - me

It'd be so hard not to slap the old me should I get my own TARDIS.

Reactions: YX33A

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, have to love that Mac OS.

Here's a personal one, when I was first starting:

"I want to figure out Vanilla Minecraft before jumping in to modded..." - me

It'd be so hard not to slap the old me should I get my own TARDIS.
If there's one thing I learned during my...unfortunate time as a member of the TTLG community (specifically, I was there for Thief, as you can probably guess, lol), is that it gave me a healthy appreciation for the awesomeness of mods. Nowadays, whenever I play vanilla, I find myself wanting to look things up in NEI or find myself unconsciously trying to make Thermal Expansion machine parts.

Reactions: YX33A

JagdKitty

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not thinking it's stupid but since I can't seem to download Agrarian skies AND come back to the same game, every time I try to log back in it resets to a brand new game and all my work is gone. So far as I'm concerned the mod is stupid or I am. guess I am.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not thinking it's stupid but since I can't seem to download Agrarian skies AND come back to the same game, every time I try to log back in it resets to a brand new game and all my work is gone. So far as I'm concerned the mod is stupid or I am. guess I am.
Rename the world so it won't reset

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I haven't really had anyone say something stupid about modded Minecraft, but it irritates me when people (who don't know much about Minecraft) see me playing a hardcore technical modpack and think I'm playing vanilla, then get the impression that I'm playing a game made for 10 year old kids. Then you get put into the same category as all the little schoolboy Minecraft nerds that stay up late at night memorizing Java code and worshipping Notch. But hey...whatever lol
...Java code? Most of those kids struggle running a farm.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
If there's one thing I learned during my...unfortunate time as a member of the TTLG community (specifically, I was there for Thief, as you can probably guess, lol), is that it gave me a healthy appreciation for the awesomeness of mods. Nowadays, whenever I play vanilla, I find myself wanting to look things up in NEI or find myself unconsciously trying to make Thermal Expansion machine parts.
pfffft you have to use NEI for vanilla? ;-; you failure before i got minecraft i made the wiki my bible and memorized EVERY SINGLE RECIPE.... stupid updates

Reactions: 1SDAN

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
Not only those people that ask about the recipes for things sometimes when NEI is right on their screen, but when they play one day, ask for the recipes for a few things, then the next day, completely forget them and ask for them again.

I understand that some people don't have a good attention span, but...

EDIT: Also, those people who act like they're the first person in all of Minecraft to discover how mods like RotaryCraft work.

Those people who claim to be friends of Notch just to try and look good, while dissing the game.

Those people who pretend like they're the creator of a certain mod when they're fumbling with the recipes and asking for help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.