Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Taking a well known or easily intuit-able/discoverable risk and then suffering the consequences, and having someone point that out is NOT VICTIM BLAMING. Sometimes I really super extra hate the politically correct virus that is infecting society.

If someone walked across the highway and got hit by a car, would it be victim blaming to say "Probably shouldn't have walked across the highway"? How about poking a bear in the face with a stick and getting eaten? Ignoring a rattlesnake's rattle?

How the crap did that change into "not the fault of the person undertaking the action"? I get why it's a thing for certain kinds of crime that I'm not mentioning — because holy drama llama, Batman! — but when you do something that an "average" person could reasonably be expected to know is a not-good idea and someone says as much that is SO not victim blaming it's not even funny!
I have a feeling he was being sarcastic...but nonetheless I agree. :p

Reactions: duckfan77 and 1SDAN

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I teamed up with 1SDAN, and...
k068id.png

Reactions: 1SDAN and Darkhax

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
A few times on a modded server I made an elaborate contraption of pipes and minecarts and whatnot, only to have somebody say "That's a waste of time, because there's this single block from this new mod that does all that for you." I mean really, by that logic the entire game is a waste of time!

Once a guy came into my house without asking me and started going through my chests. He didn't take anything, but he criticized the way I made my tools; I had a bunch of Tinker's Construct tools made of alumite and he said I should have made them out of cobalt. I said the Nether of that server was stripped clean for a radius of 500 blocks from spawn and I didn't have a good way of getting around yet. (Personal nether portals were forbidden; you had to use the one near spawn.) He just replied, "Use magical crops." Seriously? Magical Crops are insanely complicated and involved to cultivate, and what do you care if I make my tools out of alumite anyway? What do you care if I make a cleaver out of flint? Leave me alone.

That's why I made my own private server. XD

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
Exactly! I think he just wanted to go on a "let me tell you how smart I am" trip. XD And I agree about steel -- it kinda makes cobalt/ardite/manyulynn pointless. :( Is there a way to ban making of steel tinkers tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.