Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
I was rereading the part about "WayofTime said it best", decided "I'll work on my modded map", launched MC, and this happened
2nw29mx.png

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
i don't know what is going on in that picture. looks like a reactor. is something misaligned?
Everything is misaligned, and the blueprint highlighter clearly indicates it for the user (even more so since they can see it in 3D), yet the user fails to see the problem....

You have got to be kidding. What, they complaining that it doesn't work?
Well, they are being polite about it, at least for now...

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Everything is misaligned, and the blueprint highlighter clearly indicates it for the user (even more so since they can see it in 3D), yet the user fails to see the problem....

Well, they are being polite about it, at least for now...

To be fair, it looks like the only thing misaligned might be the BP. Specifically, they put it on top of the solenoid, instead of under it. It's pretty hard to judge distances from a picture, but it looks like things would line up correctly if they put the BP in the correct place.

I'm curious about the surroundings. I see about 8 sound mufflers, even though 1 would work. In the minimap, they seem to be building in a large nuke crater....and this is their 4th fusion plant.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
The solenoid is off and the toroid magnets are also misplaced by several meters, hence why the plasma jet is going out into open space instead of being contained by the toroid magnets.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
The solenoid is off and the toroid magnets are also misplaced by several meters, hence why the plasma jet is going out into open space instead of being contained by the toroid magnets.

Except if EVERYTHING is misaligned the same way, then they still line up. The Tokamak does not care about the blueprint. The BP is not part of the reactor. As I said, as far as the image is concerned, this appears to be a case of sticking the BP on top of the solenoid, instead of underneath it, not actually having the pieces misaligned.

There's a number of reason why the plasma could be going out like that. For example, if there is a misaligned toroid in the NE section, it will prevent the hasSolenoid flag being set true for the toroids in the image. If the solenoid doesn't have the minimum power, that would also cause this issue. If there is a problem with the LN2 getting into the toroid, that would also cause the plasma to spew out. ( That appears to be a magic wanded reservoir, so that should be fine. ) Lack of charge would also cause this issue. ( I see the lightning crossing, so it's getting charge fine. ) Depending on the order things were placed/turned on, the toroid may just need to be updated. Rotating it 360 degrees will do this.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
To be fair, it looks like the only thing misaligned might be the BP. Specifically, they put it on top of the solenoid, instead of under it. It's pretty hard to judge distances from a picture, but it looks like things would line up correctly if they put the BP in the correct place.

I'm curious about the surroundings. I see about 8 sound mufflers, even though 1 would work. In the minimap, they seem to be building in a large nuke crater....and this is their 4th fusion plant.
There are in fact differing vertical offsets, as well as several other lateral displacements.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
There are in fact differing vertical offsets, as well as several other lateral displacements.

I was only going by the 1 image. I have found the problem there though: The solenoid is 1 block too low. ( The BP is sitting 2 blocks higher than the toroids and injectors, but 3 blocks higher than normal on the solenoid. So, the toroids are 1 block higher than the solenoid. Probably the classic problem where they started building the Solenoid from the hub on flat ground instead of 1 block above the ground. )

The piping, and BP shows though that the toroids in the image are aligned correctly, and at least the 6 are facing the right direction. ( The others would have to be 180 degrees off, because they are aligned properly with the BP, so they could only be facing out versus in. )

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
Except if EVERYTHING is misaligned the same way, then they still line up. The Tokamak does not care about the blueprint. The BP is not part of the reactor. As I said, as far as the image is concerned, this appears to be a case of sticking the BP on top of the solenoid, instead of underneath it, not actually having the pieces misaligned.

There's a number of reason why the plasma could be going out like that. For example, if there is a misaligned toroid in the NE section, it will prevent the hasSolenoid flag being set true for the toroids in the image. If the solenoid doesn't have the minimum power, that would also cause this issue. If there is a problem with the LN2 getting into the toroid, that would also cause the plasma to spew out. ( That appears to be a magic wanded reservoir, so that should be fine. ) Lack of charge would also cause this issue. ( I see the lightning crossing, so it's getting charge fine. ) Depending on the order things were placed/turned on, the toroid may just need to be updated. Rotating it 360 degrees will do this.
Yep, Reika's mods are officially too difficult for me to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.