Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I go for a blend of #1 and #2, but the problem with #1 is that it cannot solve the problem alone, and the problem with #2 is that many many people resist being educated ("I wouldn't have to understand a crash log if you just did your job and programmed right!/I don't have time to do this, this is your job/Not everyone has a degree, you know") or are incapable of understanding ("you said it crashed because both IDs were 45, but I made them both 46 and it crashed the same way!/"I made one of the IDs 348954894589, why does it still crash?").
You're right. It's kind of sad really

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
I go for a blend of #1 and #2, but the problem with #1 is that it cannot solve the problem alone, and the problem with #2 is that many many people resist being educated ("I wouldn't have to understand a crash log if you just did your job and programmed right!/I don't have time to do this, this is your job/Not everyone has a degree, you know") or are incapable of understanding ("you said it crashed because both IDs were 45, but I made them both 46 and it crashed the same way!/"I made one of the IDs 348954894589, why does it still crash?").
That is when I abandon being nice and get out the LART bat/the clue by four. Hehehe.....

Reactions: 1SDAN

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
At least they're not asking why they can't enter "idiot" as an ID
I have actually witnessed one of my friends being "clever" and trying to use letters for an ID. He was shocked when it crashed, until I told him "It is actually an "ID number", not just an ID. Arggg....he is good with solid modelling, but thinks that the save button corrupts his files in all programs, just because one program he uses has an issue. And did I mention that he saves everything to "Downloads" or "Desktop"? Just...no.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
...but thinks that the save button corrupts his files in all programs...
Given how ubiquitous the "save" button is - though I have to finger ANSYS for omitting it until the mid-2000s - that is truly horrifying. There is no excuse to be ignorant of something so common you would probably learn it even never having done it; this is like someone being like "the moon? What's that?".

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I have actually witnessed one of my friends being "clever" and trying to use letters for an ID. He was shocked when it crashed, until I told him "It is actually an "ID number", not just an ID. Arggg....he is good with solid modelling, but thinks that the save button corrupts his files in all programs, just because one program he uses has an issue. And did I mention that he saves everything to "Downloads" or "Desktop"? Just...no.
I save mine to Downloads...but I'm on a Mac and the downloads folder is in a nice little bar

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Look at the screenshots, and you'll see it's anything but a stupid user question: the green tick mark should not be there if the process will not work.

Arouka

Jul 29, 2019
Look at the screenshots, and you'll see it's anything but a stupid user question: the green tick mark should not be there if the process will not work.
It's an older version of the mod, before that was fixed. As stated in the comments though, he could have easily read and got the information he needed

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
I am not talking about general logs like "NPE at class at class at class at class", and noone complains when users post that. The discussion was entirely about the fact some players even refuse to read logs like mine, and mcalpha was defending that as reasonable.
I wouldn't say it's reasonable, but it's how they start, and they have to be given a chance at least. Someone has to *show* them that there's a difference between the NPE and your log. Users that get angry, insist you are wrong etc. - sure, ban them.

Status
Not open for further replies.