Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure you developer types are familiar with them, but there are people out there who like to just use computers, not program them, and to them a crashlog is daunting and not at all clear even if they are able to read.

I think they are called *users*. Try to think like one every now and then.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure you developer types are familiar with them, but there are people out there who like to just use computers, not program them, and to them a crashlog is daunting and not at all clear even if they are able to read.

I think this should be readable for *users*.
Code:
Reika.DragonAPI.Exception.IDConflictException: The mods were not installed correctly:
The following ID conflicts were detected:
ID 15256: item.item.placer is being overwritten by item.PamHarvestCraft:potItem
ID 15257: item.item.electriingots is being overwritten by item.PamHarvestCraft:skilletItem
ID 15258: item.machine.wire is being overwritten by item.PamHarvestCraft:saucepanItem
ID 15259: item.machine.battery is being overwritten by item.PamHarvestCraft:bakewareItem
ID 15260: item.item.crafting is being overwritten by item.PamHarvestCraft:cuttingboardItem
ID 15261: item.item.electricrystal is being overwritten by item.PamHarvestCraft:mortarandpestleItem
Check your IDs and change them if possible.
This is NOT a mod bug. Do not post it to the mod website.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019

^ It is true, they don't understand crash logs...unfortunately we have to design for the lowest common denominator

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
^ It is true, they don't understand crash logs...unfortunately we have to design for the lowest common denominator
That might be true, but if anyone ever reports this, I'm banning them from the issue tracker.
Code:
com.github.coolsquid.SquidUtils.Utils.Exception.InvalidConfigValueException: The config value "forceDifficulty" has an invalid value
   THIS IS NOT A MOD ERROR. DO NOT REPORT THIS!

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
That might be true, but if anyone ever reports this, I'm banning them from the issue tracker.
Code:
com.github.coolsquid.SquidUtils.Utils.Exception.InvalidConfigValueException: The config value "forceDifficulty" has an invalid value
   THIS IS NOT A MOD ERROR. DO NOT REPORT THIS!
Yeah that is just kinda stupid...unless they actually didn't see it past all the fluff -_-. That is the problem. A user sees a crash log and there immediate response is to report it; they don't even read it because they are daunted by it all

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that is just kinda stupid...unless they actually didn't see it past all the fluff -_-. That is the problem. A user sees a crash log and there immediate response is to report it; they don't even read it because they are daunted by it all
If they don't even put in the effort to read the crash, I would either ban them or ignore them. It's not worth having users that don't even look at crashes.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly, don't punish users for being users. It's already very nice to get reports on the issue tracker, as opposed to an unorganized forum thread. I know it's a good feeling to have achieved something, and your own mod that has a substantial userbase is definitely something to be proud of, but boasting "I'm banning people for this" before it even happened is ... unnecessary.

Reactions: Padfoote and Flipz

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly, don't punish users for being users. It's already very nice to get reports on the issue tracker, as opposed to an unorganized forum thread. I know it's a good feeling to have achieved something, and your own mod that has a substantial userbase is definitely something to be proud of, but boasting "I'm banning people for this" before it even happened is ... unnecessary.
It's totally ok to be an user, but users could at least LOOK at the crash report!

Reactions: 1SDAN
Status
Not open for further replies.