Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
"If you want nuclear physics, try ReactorCraft"
"BigReactors is just as realistic"
"How? Everything is pseudo-magical."
"Well...graphite exists...."

That is like saying
"If you want a space movie that is realistic, try Interstellar"
"Star Wars is just as realistic"
"How? It is more fantasy than science"
"Well....planets exist..."
Didn't see those, also are you some sort of idiot magnet? Or do you go out and search for them yourself?

EDIT: Also I am quite curious about someone in your field's opinion on interstellar.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1SDAN

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
There are...an unfortunately large amount of factors that go into making a True Idiot (TM). Homeschooling, poverty, poor living conditions, turning school into one gigantic dick measuring contest instead of actually educating kids, the list goes on. Though, the least we could do in 'Murica is actually bother looking at what works in other countries. Countries that are largely kicking our ass in education. Like Finland.
I unfortunately have to take issue with the first part of that statement. Homeschooling can be positive or negative. I personally am homeschooled, and currently I am learning how to use three coding languages (Matlab, Labview, Lua) and two CAD programs (PTC, Solidworks). I think it is more the quality of the education than anything else. If you encourage education and facilitate it, the kid will most likely thrive. If you don't even bother(Or do "Classical" homeschooling), then of course you will fail.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I liked it, but that was more "I liked the movie" than anything. The movie had little discussion about anything in my field.
Really? I was kinda curious about if the ship could withstand the forces shown throughout the movie. Or is your job more to do with calculating the force required to exit the atmosphere?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I unfortunately have to take issue with the first part of that statement. Homeschooling can be positive or negative. I personally am homeschooled, and currently I am learning how to use three coding languages (Matlab, Labview, Lua) and two CAD programs (PTC, Solidworks). I think it is more the quality of the education than anything else. If you encourage education and facilitate it, the kid will most likely thrive. If you don't even bother(Or do "Classical" homeschooling), then of course you will fail.
Most of the time, homeschooling is done because the parents feel the public school system will indoctrinate their children to believe things like gays are people and the world is round. You are the exception.

Really? I was kinda curious about if the ship could withstand the forces shown throughout the movie. Or is your job more to do with calculating the force required to exit the atmosphere?
I work in propulsion.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Most of the time, homeschooling is done because the parents feel the public school system will indoctrinate their children to believe things like gays are people and the world is round. You are the exception.

I work in propulsion.
Yeah. Sadly, where I am, most homeschoolers are the stereotype. And we are not even going to talk about the unschoolers.... Also, just wondering, what space/rocketry group are you with?

Last edited:

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Most of the time, homeschooling is done because the parents feel the public school system will indoctrinate their children to believe things like gays are people and the world is round. You are the exception..

Or they were in a REALLY bad school system that doesn't take kindly to people who are "different" like I had for the first 15 years of my life...

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
So, basically, any American school ever.

Well, some schools are better than others. I currently go to school in a very good district apparently, and one of my first take-aways was when I saw two teachers talking about a kid's IEP. One was talking about how she was trying to get the kid better services. Comparing that to my last school where the ENTIRE SCHOOL SYSTEM would usually lie just so that they didn't have to add supports and could pocket the money they could have been spending, my current one is like... a place where I'm treated fairly

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Well, some schools are better than others. I currently go to school in a very good district apparently, and one of my first take-aways was when I saw two teachers talking about a kid's IEP. One was talking about how she was trying to get the kid better services. Comparing that to my last school where the ENTIRE SCHOOL SYSTEM would usually lie just so that they didn't have to add supports and could pocket the money they could have been spending, my current one is like... a place where I'm treated fairly
Reminds me of my old high school. The principal before the current one only ever put money into football and repainting the athletic field or some such crap. The current one, while still quite sports-focused, at least put some damned money towards fixing the numerous effing health hazards in the school, like the entire floor that had been burned out about a decade or more prior to my graduation and had become a home to satanic graffiti and a veritable horde of pigeons, complete with cataclysmic levels of histoplasmosis-carrying feces.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
A friend of mine in Maine found a whole pile of documents that were supposed to be internal but were erroneously listed in Google search results (someone f***ed up robots.txt). One of the documents was a letter (apparently to the taxpayers or someone on their behalf) from the superintendent saying that of the $21 million dedicated to his district, $400K made it to the schools, while he "saved" the rest. This is after he had previously been investigated for embezzling funds.

He told someone else at the school...and promptly gave up when they failed to grasp what the problem was.

Reactions: PierceSG and 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Reminds me of my old high school. The principal before the current one only ever put money into football and repainting the athletic field or some such crap. The current one, while still quite sports-focused, at least put some damned money towards fixing the numerous effing health hazards in the school, like the entire floor that had been burned out about a decade or more prior to my graduation and had become a home to satanic graffiti and a veritable horde of pigeons, complete with cataclysmic levels of histoplasmosis-carrying feces.

One school in my old system got shut down a couple years ago due to not only structural instabilities, but also some health hazard the name of which I do not remember. All of the news reports I can find via google give me a 404 error though, and all I could find was a small gem from a parent:

This school is falling apart ... in every way imaginable. Half of the building was condemned a couple of years ago for structural failures; the student lockers never shut properly; and the air quality reports released by the school department were unsatisfactory. It is no wonder the faculty are openly unmotivated to help struggling students when they do not get the support from the administration themselves. School district offers a "parent portal", but claims it cannot get its teachers to use it (making it useless). This school is the ongoing running joke of a school department that is itself a joke.

Oh, and that's AFTER the shutdown, just hot off the presses from January 2014

@Reika PLEASE don't tell me the school ACTUALLY DID NOT KNOW THE HARM IN EMBEZZLING FUNDS???

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
One school in my old system got shut down a couple years ago due to not only structural instabilities, but also some health hazard the name of which I do not remember. All of the news reports I can find via google give me a 404 error though, and all I could find was a small gem from a parent:

Oh, and that's AFTER the shutdown, just hot off the presses from January 2014
What country do you live in because I am so happy I did not grow up there.

GreekAnalyzer

Jul 29, 2019
My gosh I hate the American education system.
@Reika Your stereotype of the ignorant Christian is at least misleading. I will say no more here but I assure you that I believe gays are people and the earth is in fact round in my world view.
Rerailing Thread:
(Planning a modded server with my friend, who is no longer my friend due to unrelated issues)
Me: Hey I was wondering if we could add a couple mods to the pack.
Friend: Alright
Me: Could we add Ars Magica? (Private server with PvP)
Friend: Sure as long as we add Orespawn!
Me: *facepalm*

Status
Not open for further replies.