Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
It's okay, I organized a Complaints department for Reika. Here, I took a picture to prove it. Milton's happy to be here.

complaints%20dept.jpg

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
When an image is on that list, it is because it's good and special. Things like that don't happen very often, because humanity is too focused on money.

Yeah, I'm with @goreae on this. I have no idea what you're getting at. I see stuff like that picture fairly often, which doesn't fit with your view on the US and Europe being "overcapitalised".

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm with @goreae on this. I have no idea what you're getting at. I see stuff like that picture fairly often, which doesn't fit with your view on the US and Europe being "overcapitalised".
I don't see stuff like that often, and that's the only thing that really matters for my view. Might just be fewer things like that here though.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
And? I've seen the hate FC gets. I've been part of that community since the split from Forge. The hate Reika gets is extremely similar to what FC got.

This isn't news to many of us. We've seen it happen before and are sick of it popping up constantly. You're seeing the opinions of the vocal members of a certain community, and nothing more. If people choose to believe it then it's their right. I dislike blatant lies being spread, but people who are smart enough to see the lies won't believe them.
That is not the point. Resonant rise is highly respected, and every word they say will be held as true and repeated by 5000 others.

Reactions: duckfan77 and 1SDAN

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Some person said:
I exposed Bank of America, Chase, And TurnoTax vulns at @CactusCon insertlink.com
The website he linked said:
This vulnerability does not affect people who are using the genuine app from the Google Play Store. It would only harm people who are tricked into installing a modified app from a Web site, email, etc.
The "vulnerability" is that they don't check hashes, something that would have been easily removable in modified versions anyways.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
75% of "Minecrafters", right there. It intrudes less into the modded community, fortunately, but I can think of several people and one mod that have the mindset of "a real player kills for every resource".

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
I never understood the appeal of Minecraft PvP, given the how terrible combat is, and the total lack of meaningful equipment decisions. You kill a bunch of zombies to get the best enchantments on your diamond armor, then arrow people.

Modded PvP is worse, since while the days of 100% damage reduction are mostly over, you generally just do the same thing, only with Tinkerer's weapons.

Reactions: PierceSG and 1SDAN

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I fail to see how something that someone who is most likely young (based upon the quoted bit) is something that reflects a large majority of the MC population or that it is something that falls under the title of this thread.

This thread has shifted from bringing up stupid things people have said about MC (such as Turkey saying it promotes violence) to bashing people for anything they say that isn't agreed with, whether it be about mod perms or how they play the game. It's coming across as very elitist and it's sad to see.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I like PVP. It can be fun, especially with custom gamemodes like CTF or smash. But that quote, yeah. That is kinda dumb. Reminds me of some (by no means all) christians who think that all atheists are either in denial about christianity or they believe in God but don't want to follow Him, or that they hate Him. Which is stupid.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I fail to see how something that someone who is most likely young (based upon the quoted bit) is something that reflects a large majority of the MC population or that it is something that falls under the title of this thread.

This thread has shifted from bringing up stupid things people have said about MC (such as Turkey saying it promotes violence) to bashing people for anything they say that isn't agreed with, whether it be about mod perms or how they play the game. It's coming across as very elitist and it's sad to see.
YEAH! look at how sad the potato is now!
stock-illustration-39906892-potato-cartoon-set-b.png

(I am really sorry but this seemed like the time to do something)

Status
Not open for further replies.