Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
...and ninja'd :)
This forum is full of ninjas.
Always. Expect. Ninjas.

What about me makes you feel old exactly?
That you and I are relatively similar in capability, interest, and intellect, and I can remember (clearly) things before you were born, and a lot of other things that amount to "I'm older than you, knowing a number just makes me realize it". Also a hefty dose of "I'm not 14 anymore, and I haven't been for a decade or more, even though it doesn't feel that way most of the time"

Several APIs, Forge being the most well known. Its somewhat the difference between theoretical ideal (which I see a lot from people who've no idea how things actually work) and producing a workable solution. (such as the 4096 ID fix- I think that was originally Jebs??)

They could have easily put forth a reasonable plan to manage getting an API in place. They haven't. There are a lot of fairly obvious things smart people in the community have told them they could do which they have not. Instead of trying to complete a feature that's been promised for 5+ years now, they add rabbits!

Minecraft strikes me as a game run by democracy where most of the voters are either non-programmers or not used to long-term software projects and seem unwilling to learn. Stuff gets added because someone on the team can do it entirely by themselves. Which is stupidly inefficient.

Actually set goals and bleeping STICK TO THEM! Set minor goals and publish them to the community. Lock progress on features that sound interesting behind features that are needed. There are a zillion and five ways to manage a software project. Mojang appears to be going the "sorta guided anarchy" route. It's a waste.

As for having a well thought out plan; I think that followed Notch out the door.

I don't think they lost the plan when Notch left, because I don't think they really had a plan before that. Just a list of "stuff that we maybe might work on if we feel like it, but are calling a plan"

Oh the temptation to modify Agrarian skies settings to this instead of sieving dirt. Build mob grinder-> melt down armour-> happy times
(theres somewhat too many metals to make this viable)

You could manage it with Mekanism Tools I think. Or a tiny mod much like it. You only need... Copper, Tin, Iron, Gold, Diamond, Emerald, Nickel, Platinum, and... aluminum? In Ag Skies at least. Everything else to be obtained via sifting as normal?

Reactions: 1SDAN

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Infiniminer. Glowstone. TechCraft. MineTest. OpenCraft. MineDroid. Terasology. Manicdigger. ArdorCraft. Ace of Spades (renamed "Build And Shoot" now actually). Iceball... Sponge. Nova. Forge. Bukkit. Spigot. All of them open source as far as I know. Unless MC goes open source itself I doubt any of them will catch on though. Or if Nova catches on and starts supporting other games. Like being able to use Blood Magic in Infiniminer might be fun. Or Botania in OpenCraft.

Honestly if Sponge or Nova get off the ground I'm probably going to switch to them for modding. I'm exceedingly not a fan of anyone having to rewrite mods every version update.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
You could manage it with Mekanism Tools I think. Or a tiny mod much like it. You only need... Copper, Tin, Iron, Gold, Diamond, Emerald, Nickel, Platinum, and... aluminum? In Ag Skies at least. Everything else to be obtained via sifting as normal?

Iron (vanilla armour)
Tin/Copper (reverse alloy bronze armour- if a ModTweaker'd smeltery can support multiple products?)
Gold- nether piggies
Silver- Tweak wither skeles to drop silver swords? (might be hard)
Redstone/glowstone- sourced from blaze powder
Diamond- pulverise vanilla armour [dust], could look at a custom thaumcraft process?? (dust+ordo=gemstone)

Nickel/Lead/Platinum/Aluminium/Emerald could be made redundant via minetweaker [or see if Thaumic transmutation can be fully automated]

Last edited:

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
The Bukkit Developers should apply there code to the GPL License
The Developers Of dl.bukkit.org they should and mojang because
if only bukkit did it would not work because mojangs code would not have the GPL Licence and the person that took bukkit down was wesley wolfe.

Reactions: 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
and others. Anyone in Reika's situation would either quit modding altogether or do what he did. Just because it works for one mod doesn't mean it'll work for every mod. Sadly, we're the generation of the future. The world is ours and ours alone. Terrorists cry at the sound of our name, we're the only true good. Insert other useless propaganda.

EDIT: Wow, somehow my post was chopped and I can't remember what I said but I basically meant that it's sad to see so much hate against Reika by people who don't even want to try to understand

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
That hate Reika receives is really bad. Why don't people just ignore how he runs his mod if they don't want to use it? It isn't like it affects them any.

Sorry if when asking for links it seemed like I was just looking for entertainment, or that I didn't care about what was happening to Reika.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
That hate Reika receives is really bad. Why don't people just ignore how he runs his mod if they don't want to use it? It isn't like it affects them any.

Sorry if when asking for links it seemed like I was just looking for entertainment, or that I didn't care about what was happening to Reika.
I'd guess a lot of the time it is people trying it, seeing maths/having something blow up on them and then ragequitting, then getting angry at Reika. Either that or just jumping on the bandwagon.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
It must have been deleted: Do you still have any of it?
I think he is referring to this:
Reika have you seen the bs they put FlowerChild through? ( The author of Better than Wolves. )
There is a sense of entitlement I see from MC modding users. That mod authors should cater to the whims of users. They give AlgorithmX2 author of AE2 **** for the channels. Azanor, Thaumcraft for research minigame and warp. I don't get it.
The hate you get is because you are not giving in to their demands. Good for you mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.