Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
*Points down to sig*

Jaded would not approve. :p
upload_2015-2-26_16-55-16.jpeg

WitherBlaster

Jul 29, 2019
High-Fives @WitherBlaster for being awesome
High fives Jaded for ruining our fun
I must say, your reactions surprise me. I expected something along the lines of, "What is WRONG with you, you pervert!" Maybe it's because I live in a small town full of people who live their lives being saturated in religion, but I thought society rejected that kind of stuff. :oops:

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I must say, your reactions surprise me. I expected something along the lines of, "What is WRONG with you, you pervert!" Maybe it's because I live in a small town full of people who live their lives being saturated in religion, but I thought society rejected that kind of stuff. :oops:
Meh, I act prudish in public, but only because I don't want to be called a pervert. With my friends I adjust my perversion rating to however much they feel comfortable with

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
And now back to our semi-regular unscheduled WTF-ery!

That server owner *headshake*. I hope he gets some serious attention from the community at large for this. Might finally drive home to people that yes, we're serious and so are Mojang.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
As Fireball said,
and that is why i am doing this. Lets help do our part and put a stop to this.

This is why we need enforcement, and since it currently is not coming from Mojang's end, that duty falls to the authors. And as much as people complain, a big part of that is "name and shame", because that is how you destroy their income stream, by letting everyone know what their server(s) really are.

I for one am very happy to see the tide shifting from the prevailing idea being "mod authors have no right to enforce the EULA" to "mod authors can (if they wish) enforce the EULA's terms for their own mod", and to have Fireball as an ally on this.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Notice that all the Endercraft threads at this forums have been deleted.

I think this should be a part of #StopModReposts' mission.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I think this should be a part of #StopModReposts' mission.
Well it's kinda a different thing. You're putting servers who somehow need to finance themselves (I'm more referring to servers like Serendipity here) in one bag with sites that spread malware and malicious stuff.

StopModReposts' primary mission should be to protect users from malware, misinformation and outdated versions. This has nothing to do with buying items on a server.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
StopModReposts' primary mission should be to protect users from malware, misinformation and outdated versions. This has nothing to do with buying items on a server.
The original mission of #StopModReposts was to stop copyright infringement, including monetisation. I do agree that stopping server monetisation shouldn't be our primary mission though.

Reactions: PierceSG and 1SDAN

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
The original mission of #StopModReposts was to stop copyright infringement, including monetisation.
Well what is more important to you: Protecting hundreds of unaware people from scam or protecting one single person (yourself)?
Stopping copyright infringement is important as well, but it really shouldn't be the primary concern there.

Reactions: 1SDAN

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Well what is more important to you: Protecting hundreds of unaware people from scam or protecting one single person (yourself)?
Stopping copyright infringement is important as well, but it really shouldn't be the primary concern there.
And exactly how do we stop the viruses? Through copyright law. Both are important, but I'm choosing to focus on stopping infringement, as that will indirectly stop malware.

Reactions: 1SDAN
Status
Not open for further replies.