Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
The most stupid thing anyone says is "balance."

With that said, if balance were to occur, you would never see a magic mod in any pack ever again.

The epitome of unbalance is Blood magic. That mod is more unbalanced than EE2 ever was...

Blood armor and that stupid mining setup... Really? millions of health and a miner that can get you ore at a rate of 1 per second...

Reactions: DrHexatron

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
The most stupid thing anyone says is "balance."

With that said, if balance were to occur, you would never see a magic mod in any pack ever again.

The epitome of unbalance is Blood magic. That mod is more unbalanced than EE2 ever was...

Blood armor and that stupid mining setup... Really? millions of health and a miner that can get you ore at a rate of 1 per second...
Blood Magic is rather very balanced it is just that it's cross mod interactions will make it over powered. Which uncoincidentally is the same case EE2 is unblanced, cross-mod interaction. If you play Blood Magic without any extra mods you will find hard barriers to overcome that would be "simple" with other mods like Tinker's Construct or Buildcraft or Industrial Craft 2. The main problem behind this is mods that add easy to achieve mob spawning and automining. Also you will find many other things that detract from balance like the ability to move swiftly or overpowered tools to help you set up space for rituals.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
I can't find exactly what I am referencing, but something along the lines of:
You really need to be a programmer to realise how after working hard at an existing application, the phrase "It looks just like it used to" is a large accomplishment.
Being a programmer I know first hand how this statement is so true lol.

Personally I would rather mojang be working on things like multithreaded performance (1.8?) than seeing them add a million blocks to vanilla when mods are more than capable adding those type things.

Reactions: 1SDAN

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019

Personally I would rather mojang be working on things like multithreaded performance (1.8?) than seeing them add a million blocks to vanilla when mods are more than capable adding those type things.
Multithreading would be good for LAN and private servers and nothing else. The reasoning. If your processing data you have control over what happens allowing for easy hacking. But then it's not really hacking.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Multithreading would be good for LAN and private servers and nothing else. The reasoning. If your processing data you have control over what happens allowing for easy hacking. But then it's not really hacking.
You are talking about the multi-threaded chunk loading right? I may not have gotten the term correct but that is what I meant at least.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

Especially when said blocks are things like colored glass and barrier blocks.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Word "Balance" detected.
Initiating Balance talk....
The word "Balance" is overused. Balance is different to everyone, there is no set "Balance". I have moods when I want my game to be creative mode lite. I have moods when I want to play TFC. Balance doesn't exist except for you, and I wish people'd stop obsessing over it.

Launcelot_J

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of balance, there are dozens of forms...someone may think darcraft is SUPER overpowered but BC quarries are not (or vise versa), where a vanilla player could think both are unbalanced and an EE2 player could think both are underpowered. Balance/power are really matters of personal opinion.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of balance, there are dozens of forms...someone may think darcraft is SUPER overpowered but BC quarries are not (or vise versa), where a vanilla player could think both are unbalanced and an EE2 player could think both are underpowered. Balance/power are really matters of personal opinion.

Is it bad that I think getting 4 planks from a log is overpowered... or even 2?

Launcelot_J

Jul 29, 2019
Y'alls should get together over a skype coversation and make a "Realistic MC mod" to go into FTB...That could be good

Reactions: 1SDAN
Status
Not open for further replies.