ReactorCraft! Radiation is bad?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Sereneti

Jul 29, 2019
I had a melt-down.

running out of Cold Sodium, and the cores are overheating.
:(

is there any way to clean-up the radiation?

(fill the room with water?)

nice to know: one layer of control-rods betwen reactor cores arnt enough :(

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
If I am not mistaken it will clear on its own after a very long time and I think rain helps as well. Knowing Reika however the length of time needed to just clear a minor radiation accident would be measured in many minecraft years let alone a large one like a meltdown.

Risk of radiation is the primary reason that reactors should be built in other dimensions or away from your base. As one mistake is all that it will take to ruin the area

Last edited:

Sereneti

Jul 29, 2019
Tanks :)

Btw: rotay-craft, and the others are realy nice mods.

what happened if i trie to clear the radiaton space with a filler?

(i dont want to crash the server.)

(rotary-craft and the others are ... great to play, but the administrator dont like it, because it takes a lot of server recources)

Last edited:

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
The radiation is not block based and is akin to thaumcraft's old aura system back in the 1.4.7 mod packs.

Edit: So it literally does not care what you do in the affected area It will never go away until it is time for it to.

Sereneti

Jul 29, 2019
ok thanks :)

Wrath lamps + filler had crasched the server somethimes, and ... i dont want to crasch the server ...

is there a way to prevent my character from the nausea effekt? - (it hurts my eyes -.-)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
ok thanks :)

Wrath lamps + filler had crasched the server somethimes, and ... i dont want to crasch the server ...

is there a way to prevent my character from the nausea effekt? - (it hurts my eyes -.-)
Talisman of remedium from Thaumic tinkerer. Or milk.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure the server is updated to the latest version of the pack as Reika added in radiation suits to counter the effect.

Sereneti

Jul 29, 2019
Talisman of remedium from Thaumic tinkerer. Or milk.

tanks :)

I have a white (cave) Crystal lamp , that removes all effects.

but, if i work in the radiation-space... the white-lamp is contra-productive.
:/

The white lamp clear all effekts -> the radiation aura refresch the radiation effekt.

That isn´t my server, im only a player.

The server runs on ftb - Monster 1.1.0

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
The radiation suit was added with the version used in monster 1.1.1 so there is little that you can do. Other then place a lot of white crystal lamps to continually clear effects or find another mod item that does so.

Sereneti

Jul 29, 2019

to clear the effect is not the problem, but if i stand in the radiation and in the range of the crystal-lamp at the same time , the character get permanently hurt by the starting-effect.

Im looking for a option to prevent my charackter from this effect.

The Gas mask? - I schould try this item :/

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019

to clear the effect is not the problem, but if i stand in the radiation and in the range of the crystal-lamp at the same time , the character get permanently hurt by the starting-effect.

Im looking for a option to prevent my charackter from this effect.

The Gas mask? - I schould try this item :/
If the gas mask is from rotary or reactor craft it probably will work (unless it is bugged). If it is from another mod (like the talisman of remedium) then it may work or it may do nothing to help.

Sereneti

Jul 29, 2019
- i had tried a configuration with more rods and less cores, :(

the gasmask is from gascraft, ill try it later.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
The radiation suit does not protect against melt-down level radiation; it is too intense. Also, milk buckets do not work on radiation since that is not a cure. White crystals will work, however.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The radiation suit does not protect against melt-down level radiation; it is too intense. Also, milk buckets do not work on radiation since that is not a cure. White crystals will work, however.
There's a syringe that works as a cure if you're out of range of the instigator; I forget what mod or what its called (functions as a milk of sorts).

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
There's a syringe that works as a cure if you're out of range of the instigator; I forget what mod or what its called (functions as a milk of sorts).
MFR I'd guess since it adds those bloody syringes, or Advanced Genetics now that I think about it(added it since some genes have potion effects that don't go away).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
MFR I'd guess since it adds those bloody syringes, or Advanced Genetics now that I think about it(added it since some genes have potion effects that don't go away).
The latter I believe. It exists on Horizons by default and seems to remove buckets of milk.