ReactorCraft! Radiation is bad?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

dilznick5

Jul 29, 2019
New question, similar topic, don't accuse me of any shenanigans with the dead.
Monster 1.1.2. Just started playing with reactorcraft, awesome mod, having a problem with nuclear waste though.
Seems my hazmat suit does not protect me from radiation sickness when placing waste into a Nuclear Waste Disposal Drum. I didn't think this was intended as I can carry the waste around all day as long if I am wearing the suit, and I can dump waste into the spent fuel container with no ill effects.
BUT I can see in @Reika github that the wastestorage.sickenMobs method calls radiationEffects.applyEffects which does not consider if you are wearing a hazmat suit. So, intended?

If so, how do you deal with long term storage of waste, is it supposed to be a strictly hands off process? And if so, how come you can handle short term storage without ill effects?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
New question, similar topic, don't accuse me of any shenanigans with the dead.
Monster 1.1.2. Just started playing with reactorcraft, awesome mod, having a problem with nuclear waste though.
Seems my hazmat suit does not protect me from radiation sickness when placing waste into a Nuclear Waste Disposal Drum. I didn't think this was intended as I can carry the waste around all day as long if I am wearing the suit, and I can dump waste into the spent fuel container with no ill effects.
BUT I can see in @Reika github that the wastestorage.sickenMobs method calls radiationEffects.applyEffects which does not consider if you are wearing a hazmat suit. So, intended?

If so, how do you deal with long term storage of waste, is it supposed to be a strictly hands off process? And if so, how come you can handle short term storage without ill effects?
The code predates the suit. I will add this.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Borg

"The Borg were a pseudo-species of cybernetic beings, or cyborgs, from the Delta Quadrant. No single individual truly existed within the Borg Collective (with the possible sole exception of the Borg Queen), as all Borg were linked into a hive mind. Their ultimate goal was the attainment of 'perfection' through the forcible assimilation of diverse sentient species, technologies, and knowledge. As a result, the Borg were among the most powerful and feared powers in the galaxy, without really being a true species at all."

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Borg

"The Borg were a pseudo-species of cybernetic beings, or cyborgs, from the Delta Quadrant. No single individual truly existed within the Borg Collective (with the possible sole exception of the Borg Queen), as all Borg were linked into a hive mind. Their ultimate goal was the attainment of 'perfection' through the forcible assimilation of diverse sentient species, technologies, and knowledge. As a result, the Borg were among the most powerful and feared powers in the galaxy, without really being a true species at all."
NERDGASM!!!