Quarry guide...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
That's exactly why I made this comment. Diamonds in monster are rarer on layer 11 that they are under the layer 8. You need to go deeper in monster.

Yup the configs show 5-12

But the guys on my server are also finding lots above that...so

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
Note that they are now called Kinesis Pipes, not Conductives anymore.

So I hooked up Electrical Engines on solar panels and used the wooden and iron kinesis pipes to run to the quarry (hooked to all engines) but its not powering up ?
It flickers at like 1 to 2 whatever power it is but the quarry does not start up.

If I put 3 engines on solar right next to the quarry it runs the quarry with no issues (no kinesis pipes).

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
So I hooked up Electrical Engines on solar panels and used the wooden and iron kinesis pipes to run to the quarry (hooked to all engines) but its not powering up ?
It flickers at like 1 to 2 whatever power it is but the quarry does not start up.

If I put 3 engines on solar right next to the quarry it runs the quarry with no issues (no kinesis pipes).
Don't use iron. I didn't even know there was iron kinesis pipes http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Kinesis_Pipe

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
Use cobble ??

Using cobble the quarry runs for a about 3 blocks then stops.. if I break a cobble kinesis and put it back it ddoes the same thing.

I now have 6 electrical engines running and its not powering the quarry ?
Whats stopping the power ?

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Use cobble ??

Using cobble the quarry runs for a about 3 blocks then stops.. if I break a cobble kinesis and put it back it ddoes the same thing.

I now have 6 electrical engines running and its not powering the quarry ?
Whats stopping the power ?

The cobble pipes are shyyyyyte, can't handle the amount of power so shut engines off... Use gold or energy conduits(can leave out the wood pipes if you use conduits)

Reactions: SatanicSanta

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
No. The only redstone signals needed may be to enable the engines, but nothing on the pipes themselves.

But remember if you have more than one engine sending power down one pipe, that pipe has to be able to handle all of the engines power added together.

You're under-engineering the project. Over-engineer it. Use a bunch of engines connected via golden kinesis pipe to the quarry. I believe a quarry needs something like over 20MJ/t to start up (That's 20 MJ per tick), so you need 4 engines that produce 5MJ/t to get the quarry going. Believe it can take up to 200MJ/t to go it's fastest. (those numbers are off the top of my head, but you get the general idea).

If necessary, create a test single player world, type /gamemode 1 (give yourself creative powers), and play around in creative.

By the way, if you're using the BuildCraft (BC) quarry, you do know about using Landmarks to make the quarry area larger, right?

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
The cobble pipes are shyyyyyte, can't handle the amount of power so shut engines off... Use gold or energy conduits(can leave out the wood pipes if you use conduits)

Using gold the engines still dont stay powered up... then run for a couple seconds then stop.
There seems to be all this energy at the begining and it just slowly dies, like its stored somewhere and drains quickly. The power is high and just goes down.

No idea whats wrong and its very frustrating

Does the gold kinesis pipe just attach straight onto the quarry because thats how I have it right now.

Last edited:

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
Using gold the engines still dont stay powered up... then run for a couple seconds then stop.
There seems to be all this energy at the begining and it just slowly dies, like its stored somewhere and drains quickly. The power is high and just goes down.

No idea whats wrong and its very frustrating

Does the gold kinesis pipe just attach straight onto the quarry because thats how I have it right now.

Anyone?
I would love to get this working :D

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, what engines are you using?

Yes

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
Electrical Engine (Forestry for Minecraft).
If they are put right next to the quarry they work fine but running the golden kinesis pipes they just dont seem to power it for more than a couple of seconds then it stops.

Here is the setup I am using.

http://postimg.org/image/k9pcbkp81/

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure why that's not working, apart from you having twice as many redstone torches as needed.

Yeah it should be working but its not.
If I break a gold kinesis pipe then put it back in the quarry starts up for a couple of seconds and stops.
Using wooden kinesis pipes to attach the golden pipes to the engines.
Solar panles are sitting next to the engines.

I just put down the torches in a rush...

Last edited:

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
would solar panel be enough power for those engines? Each solar panel only produce 1eu/t. That wouldn't translate into many Mj. There might be enough power backing up in the pipes to run the engine for a few seconds.

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
would solar panel be enough power for those engines? Each solar panel only produce 1eu/t. That wouldn't translate into many Mj. There might be enough power backing up in the pipes to run the engine for a few seconds.

Like I said the engines run fine from solar and if I just sit 3 of them next to the quarry (no pipes) then the quarry runs (slowly but it runs fine).
But hooking then up togethwer with pipe (5 or 6 engines on solar) it runs for a few seconds and stops.

They should be able to run the quarry since 3 of them can with no pipes.

Its obviously the pipes that are the issue but I dont know why.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I did some experimenting in creative.

With 3 solar panels hooked to 3 electric engines Connected directly to the Quarry it will mine yet slowly.
It takes 8 solar panels hooked to 8 engines connected to the quarry by kinesis pipes to run the quarry at the same rate.

Tried connecting the pipes up differently and got the same results. Must be the way buildcraft works in that version.

Edit:
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums...raft/Modded/2014-09-06_092250_zps9432ba6a.png

Last edited:

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
Well that sucks, thanks for the info and the testing.
Whats the best way to power a quarry then?
And a not so expensive way I might add :D

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Early game, you could hook it up to a coal-powered generator of any sort (e.g. ExU furnace generator) and feed it with coal from the quarry, but you'd probably need a decent amount to kick-start it. Furnace generators are pretty cheap to make, and ExU sorting pipes or pneumatic servos for itemducts are cheap to make as well. If you're using BC pipes to pull items out, you're going to need diamond pipe which is a bit more expensive.

If you have a lava pump in the nether, you could fill up a few drums and feed it into lava generators or magmatic dynamos as an alternative. Lava generators are cheaper to make than the dynamos, and produce the same amount (in monster at least).

The_Damaged

Jul 29, 2019
Steve's Factory Manager. Cheap to make, easy to extend and, when interacting with Jabba barrels and/or an AE network, can provide the most powerful/fastest/least laggy sorting system you will ever see.

Plus you can have it leave (and refill) a few stacks of charcoal in an ender chest, then have a few charcoal-fueled generators at the quarry site (make sure that the generators are within a chunk that is chunk loaded by the quarry). Fastest early-game remote-location quarry power and sorting you will be able to build.

Minecraft, now extended by flowcharts!