Q: Do you reset twilight world frequently?

Mercury

Jul 29, 2019
Resetting The End world daily is regular for us but what about twilight dimension. Do you reset twilight world frequently for new content (mazes, bosses) or you let players walk (very) long distances?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I'm planning on a 6 month reset, don't do it too often as the hollow hills will ruin any chance of any economy should it ever come to FTB.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
I do not, it is a duty for my moderators to create a new linkbook there every second week, wich gets placed around 3000 blocks from the previous one in a straight line.

Polraudio

Jul 29, 2019
I never wipe the twilight. I see no point in wiping it. Its best for the economy if you don't wipe it because of the hills. We also have a 4000x4000 border. We tell players to stay within a 4000x4000 area which is actually 8000x8000 with the -4000 and +4000. Any players caught outside the border get temp banned.

Only world we wipe is the mining world. But that only get wiped every time there's a new ore or something added by mods. That way we don't have to do a world reset all the time. So the economy has its ups and downs.

Spasticon

Jul 29, 2019
Unless you implement a world border there is no point to not wiping it since a player can access a new "world" just by running a few hundred blocks in any undiscovered direction. That's part of what makes Minecraft so awesome.

The end is a different story. The end has a built in border. :)