Project: Image Of Wife in Minecraft.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
It's done in server.properties I believe. Not sure about SSP.

I tried to update this to higher than 256 on the last server I ran, and while it let me change it in the file, it didn't actually increase the world height in game.

Is there anything else special you need to do, or did they just finally make the setting actually work?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
No idea. My computer's not nearly beefy enough to run a 512+ world height.
I'm sure google has the answer.

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
I would have to make a new world for this?
We are almost getting done with the materials and I sure dont want to start over.. I know my wife isnt..

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know we still wouldn't be able to see the top still at 800 or so blocks, and she don't like using the jetpacks and such.. I have been trying to get her to use this crap but she isn't up wit it.. Hell I recently got her to start using the portal gun at the beginning of our 1st mystcraft work... I don't think I can sell her on making the height bigger she will give me some line like... "Why ain't we doing it on the ground, is there a reason why you dont wanna do it that way?"

Anyway not sure...

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know we still wouldn't be able to see the top still at 800 or so blocks, and she don't like using the jetpacks and such.. I have been trying to get her to use this crap but she isn't up wit it.. Hell I recently got her to start using the portal gun at the beginning of our 1st mystcraft work... I don't think I can sell her on making the height bigger she will give me some line like... "Why ain't we doing it on the ground, is there a reason why you dont wanna do it that way?"

Anyway not sure...

I feel for you, my gal isn't opposed to the tech or anything but mine def has builders anxiety so it's hard to get her to build anything more then to just progress up a tech tree which for me got boring fast..

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
It took her like 3 months to actually start using the TE machines, she was saying that they looked complicated and so on... I tried to explain to her that it was way easier to use than IC2's machines and she still wouldn't have it.. She was content on just standing in front of the IC2 machines and macerating and cooking her things... meanwhile I am using the TE machines and showing her that he look Hopper, + pulverizer + furnace ='s more time to do something else... she still wasn't buying it.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
It took her like 3 months to actually start using the TE machines, she was saying that they looked complicated and so on... I tried to explain to her that it was way easier to use than IC2's machines and she still wouldn't have it.. She was content on just standing in front of the IC2 machines and macerating and cooking her things... meanwhile I am using the TE machines and showing her that he look Hopper, + pulverizer + furnace ='s more time to do something else... she still wasn't buying it.

Let's not turn this into IC2 vs. TE thread.

However... the EU system is far simpler than MJ, and IC2 machines are faster, and have an end goal in mind, so I understand why your significant other chose IC2 over TE.

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
Let's not turn this into IC2 vs. TE thread.

I wasn't I was just saying she thought the TE machines were more complicated and wouldn't get off the fact that she was so used to IC2 she wouldn't switch till recently when I showed how that putting things into the pulverizer goes though the furnace and into a chest without any interference from her till she pulls it out of the chest, and I did mention it took like a yr for her to actually start using the portal gun.. I wasn't comparing any mods.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like my fiance.
Here's a bit of advice. Don't just try to convince her, show her it works better by actually building and setting it up in the minimalist sense, like a proof of concept, then show her.

If she's anything like my fiance she'll respond to the "black and white" better than just pleading your case.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
While the side-discussion wasn't bad by any means, it was a major derail. Take it to Chat>General Discussion or PMs, please. :)

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
So to throw it back on topic anyway, I tried the increase world height in the server.settings and it doesn't work...so there must be something else that has to be done in order to get it working...still looking into what that something else is, google isn't being very forthcoming with me.

Reactions: DeathGoth