Project: Image Of Wife in Minecraft.

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
So my wife and I decided to take up a project in minecraft. We are going to recreate an image of her in MC using blocks of an image we both decided to work with..

We have been working on this on and off for the last couple of months so we are almost there, she wanted me to make a post to showcase what we have done since then so I will show a few images..

jgb6.png

This is the image we are using. we will be recreating this in mc soon, probably on a flat mystcraft age.

They items are about 244,000 blocks, I am debating on just leaving it flat or making it more 3d'ish...

These here are the items we have now.
625s.png

nnrh.png

This is our sheep farm.
g6zn.png

uxar.png

And our tree farm.
19c7.png

hyr2.png

Anyway we hope to have this done in the next couple/few weeks..

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
This would go better in the Community Showcase forum. Will you be zooming in to see each individual pixel and copying it like that? Or will you just attempt to turn the picture into pixel art. I don't think you should put it into a flat age. Good luck!

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
Where should i put this? the size of the image is about 570x800 so we have to lay it flat so thats why i was going to make it on a flat world... and ya its going to be pixel by pixel basically...

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
I did something similar before, but turned it into pixel art.. I believe it was about 150 blocks tall in the end.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
You seem to have a lot of shades of cream/brown in this picture but unless I'm very much mistaken you're not ultilizing the many shades of brown you can find in planks. Specifically the forestry tree planks.

They're not too hard to get, just automate a bee breeding system with about 8 or so apiaries, plant some trees as appropriate and graft the special saplings.

You can find what you need here to get you started.
http://ftbwiki.org/Tree_Breeding
You can also find a table there about what trees are bred to make what.

I am sorry for not adding anything to the conversation, but, "Real Life Image of Wife." is, in my honest opinion, not a good title...

What would you suggest?

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried to play with tree breeding before we started with this project, I seen odd leaves on some of the trees but I couldn't get a sapling from it.. So i decided not to go with forestry with it... I might but my bees are at most Majestic i think... I didn't automate the bees I was doing it by hand.[DOUBLEPOST=1378769538][/DOUBLEPOST]Why does this forum not show something you want to edit..

Anyway I looked at your link and didnt know about the grafter, I thought the leaves just dropped whatever it was that they were supposed to..

I also heard it was a very small chance...

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
You need to use a grafter on oddly coloured saplings. There are two kinds of grafters, the forestry one made with bronze or the thaumic one made with thaumium (this requires thaumcraft research, but is a very early-game discovery)

You'll find grafters don't last very long and break after a few uses, however enchanting a thaumium grafter with a Lv30 enchantment will more often than not yield a "Repair II" enchantment that will mend your grafter using the vis in the aura around you.

Grafters yield saplings from oddly coloured (forestry) leaves 100% of the time, using them on vanilla leaves (oak, birch, spruce, jungle), unless they are their respective forestry equivalent, will not always yield a sapling.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Its to tall if we did it that way MC world is only 256 which would translate to a 256xXXX image, we are trying to keep it as is because i already made it way smaller than it should be..
Ah right, without Optifine Extreme render distance or a hub in the air in the middle it wouldn't be viewable. BTW, you can change build height.

Reactions: Succubism

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
@ succubism I will talk to the wife see what she says...

@SatanicSanta If i drop the high and length I would lose pixels which would most probably leave it looking fairly ass when finished, so Like i said before made the image way smaller than what it was originally so I am not so sure about that...

The original image is going to be something like 570x800 the original was something like 4320x3240..[DOUBLEPOST=1378770336][/DOUBLEPOST]Also SatanicSanta I use Dynmap on our local server so when its done and while working we can look to see what we are doing as we are doing it instead of creative and fly way up...

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I definitely recommend it, even at that size of the picture, there's going to be a lot of different shades unless you reduce the colours in your picture and i think the shades of plank you'll get will be helpful to say the least[DOUBLEPOST=1378770483][/DOUBLEPOST]That also happens to be the name I think Forestry should name their book if they make one for whatever reason.

50 Shades of Plank.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
@ succubism I will talk to the wife see what she says...

@SatanicSanta If i drop the high and length I would lose pixels which would most probably leave it looking fairly ass when finished, so Like i said before made the image way smaller than what it was originally so I am not so sure about that...

The original image is going to be something like 570x800 the original was something like 4320x3240..[DOUBLEPOST=1378770336][/DOUBLEPOST]Also SatanicSanta I use Dynmap on our local server so when its done and while working we can look to see what we are doing as we are doing it instead of creative and fly way up...
I didn't say drop the size of the picture, I said increase the build height on the server. Also, you don't need to be in Creative to fly...

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
How do you change the height range? I know there is better ways to fly than creative, I dont use them except a jetpack which only goes to about 170 or so..