Project: Feeding Eternal Time [Builder Applications Open!]

lachie

Jul 29, 2019
Thought i might post a quick screenie of the starting area as it stands at the moment.

Due to the progression of the map, the starting area wont have any mod blocks in it apart from decorative.

2012-08-24_110121.png

We have also made it so the area feels a little bit run down, which is always fun :)

Also, if you wanted more than this, Akabane did a quick video on the map as it stood a while back, there is alot more completed than what he shows in this:

Enjoy :)

Im not sure if this would help us in any way (have not played map yet) but in this video
you forgot to turn off waypoints so now i know where the cave entrance is :) and possibaly others (ive only watched 40 seconds of video)

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
Im not sure if this would help us in any way (have not played map yet) but in this video
you forgot to turn off waypoints so now i know where the cave entrance is :) and possibaly others (ive only watched 40 seconds of video)

Knowing the cave entrances is fine, but you must know that everything in that video has changed since then, Akabane and myself are planning on putting together a video once we have fixed up the latest changes to the towns.

As an update after the meeting on Saturday, there have been a few things that have been added.

-We now have base lore and base NPCs for the 1st village, The Town of beginnings, now known as "Neash Village".
-Each NPC in this town so far has their own personal lore and story behind them.
-Trade lists with prices have also been fully set up for the blacksmith trader (Tarah Vamperi).
-Quests acquired and completed by these NPCs have their stories and rewards completed, but have not been entered into the map yet.
-Neash Town/Village looks different now, the layout has changed, and has become slightly bigger:

Before:

2012-08-24_110121.png

After:

after_zps63dba0df.png

Yes, i know that the texture went back to vanilla in the 'after', don't worry.

-New updated mechanism for the dungeon mob rooms has been completed, it's now more efficient, and doesn't eat your FPS, YAY!!! (thanks Damnedsky).
-Re-implemented frame machine elevator in Riverwood with a smaller quicker machine compared to what it was. (again, thanks Damnedsky).
-Level unlocking system in Assassin's tower in beta stage. This one was a pain in the ass, as when Akabane built the tower, he didn't have consideration for redstone, only making the floors one high, and we had to make an unlocking system for this with the current shape of the tower, but in the current beta stage of this mechanism, it's looking pretty slick.

-Plus many more things that I wont speak of just yet :p sorry, but we don't want to spoil everything.

We have also realized that we need more aesthetic builders currently, as the redstone teams have nothing to build currently. Unfortunately though, the server still isn't up as we are still waiting on V3 of the pack, so I still can't open the applications for this to the public.

If you were wondering, for the past few days, and on the meeting day, i set up a LAN for the map over Hamachi, and we were building using that. With this in mind, I may be able to allow people to join, but it wont be a 24/7 server, so yeah.........

Anyway, thats all from me for now, let me know what you think of the changes :)

~Cheers~
~Umbra~

ProCrafter_13

Jul 29, 2019
The changes are incredibly cool, and it is also not bad that you actually use the vanilla texture pack, it is great and i think you should use them as the standard map TP. Of course you can use other TPs just that not every PC is one of the best with HD TPs, like mine which i can set to Far render distance but only having 20 FPS (Optifine included, vanilla TP) and small lagg spikes come in every now an then. But so far an awesome map and i would like to build too (although i am not the best aethestic builder) but i am a bit busy right now.

But who does not want to join this map's building team?

superninjakiwi

Jul 29, 2019
If you ever do open applications to the public, I'm here to sign up.... although since you're probably going to need a copy of my work, I better get started. I am also a slight redstoner, so I know when and where to incorporate spaces in my buildings. As for the changes, I think they're for the better.

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
If you ever do open applications to the public, I'm here to sign up.... although since you're probably going to need a copy of my work, I better get started. I am also a slight redstoner, so I know when and where to incorporate spaces in my buildings. As for the changes, I think they're for the better.

Yeah, once the applications are open, I will require an example of what you can do so i can judge basically. Hopefully, applications should be open soon, but as i have said in the past we are still waiting on pack V3.

In other news, not many people are aware of this, but we have had a chunk error on the map for about 3 weeks now, and I only just managed to fix it, woot!!

If people are interested in the log, here you go:

Code:
-chunk missing from near Kynareth  (Fixed) - Removed Mo'creatures from pack, chunk still missing. Console is spammed with:

2013-01-18 21:49:30 [INFO] [STDOUT] Wrong location! iq['Brad2614'/94, l='Feeding Eternal Time V0.3', x=-271.89, y=70.89, z=-4284.41]
    2013-01-18 21:49:30 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.Exception: Stack trace
    2013-01-18 21:49:30 [INFO] [STDERR]    at java.lang.Thread.dumpStack(Unknown Source)
    2013-01-18 21:49:30 [INFO] [STDERR]    at zz.a(Chunk.java:923)
    2013-01-18 21:49:30 [INFO] [STDERR]    at yc.a(World.java:2340)
    2013-01-18 21:49:30 [INFO] [STDERR]    at in.a(WorldServer.java:647)
    2013-01-18 21:49:30 [INFO] [STDERR]    at yc.g(World.java:2257)
    2013-01-18 21:49:30 [INFO] [STDERR]    at yc.h(World.java:2103)
    2013-01-18 21:49:30 [INFO] [STDERR]    at in.h(WorldServer.java:516)
    2013-01-18 21:49:30 [INFO] [STDERR]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:679)
    2013-01-18 21:49:30 [INFO] [STDERR]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:598)
    2013-01-18 21:49:30 [INFO] [STDERR]    at bdz.q(IntegratedServer.java:123)
    2013-01-18 21:49:30 [INFO] [STDERR]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
    2013-01-18 21:49:30 [INFO] [STDERR]    at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

-Repopping chunk in MCedit doesn't reload the chunk, and map also crashes with XYcraft installed while it tries to repop.

-Managed to re-gen chunk, but run into problem of 1.4.6 world gen VS 1.2.5 which the map is based on. Re-genning is possible, but alot of work will be required to fix up chunk in this manner.

Remove Extra biomes when genning chunk (doing this will mean that we will have to re-place red cobble blocks around Gnarlwood).
          ores will have to be removed.
          manual work to re-flatten out the landscape.
          manual work to rerun dungeon tunnels etc in chunk.

-Managed to find out the chunk has copied another chunk from another location on the map (i know where it is), and map data shows the chunk has been cloned from this location, but when MC loads the chunk, it turns
    up an error in stack field trace. MC Edit shows the chunk as fully there in map data as if it was completely cloned from the orignal location.

Anyone ever heard of this one before?

-UPDATE: Chunk fully fixed, all ores removed again from MIDas, red cobblestone replaced as needed, map back to 100% no errors.

Basically, we had a false chunk that was copying another chunk from another location, i am still unaware of what caused this, but it's all fixed now, it was a real 'head scratcher', as standard re-genning on either MC edit or through a World edit server like program just wouldn't work, and the chunk would get re-copied over from the other chunk.

Oh and yeah, with the Mo'Creatures thing at the top, the dates on the console are correct, basically there was a previous console spam with a Jellyfish in the wrong location around that chunk, and beyond trying other things, Mo'Creatures was only removed recently to check if that was the problem, (LOL, you would of thought that would have been the 1st thing to try, but nope), and once Mo'Creatures was removed that was the console, so yeah......

Pain in the ass yeah, but as i said, there are no problems now.

I also figured i might show off a couple of NPCs to end the post as well, just as a little side section.

The 2 NPCs are Mayor Rusford (the Mayor obviously), and Seinkan (The town guard).

As i said in the previous post all the current NPCs have their own back story to them, but, you will have to find them out as you play the game :p As I said, i don't want to spoil everything for you :)

The Seinkan picture also shows the UI that we plan to use aswell.

MayorRusford_zps0eda3303.png

Seinkan_zps54c5503c.png

Yes, he does have a shield!

Anyway, thats all from me for now, have fun! :)

~Umbra~

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
I think i'll just park this here..............

2013-01-23_125639_zpsace1710e.png

...........yeah, I don't see anything wrong with parking a temple over a volcano.............

2013-01-23_130447_zpsc8aa73c3.png

..............Yep, nothing at all..........

May i present the Volaris Mage's guild (over the Volaris Volcano of course), this crazy structure took approx. 10 hours to build, with about 29K individual blocks, all done by yours truly............... Yeah, there was alot of complaining on Teamspeak from me last night ugh.

But nevertheless it is now completed, and ready for the porting over to the V3 pack, which should be completed within the next 24hours, woot!

This pack will be the main pack that we will use for quite a while, (as the 1.5 planned update is expected to break alot of modded items, so we will be staying on 1.4.7 for quite some time), once the V3 pack is fully completed, the map will be ported, and the server will be put live, from there, myself and Akabane may do some recording on the progress of the map for Youtube, but we shall see.

With the server live, I will also be able to start taking applications for builders, as i said in a previous post, at this point in time we need more aesthetic builders primarily, the current redstone team is running out of things to do (the current redstone team being: Damnedsky, Funshine X and Mattabase.....and yes, i am aware that there is only 5 people on the build team currently, alot of the aesthetic building is done by me, and the lore and questing is done by Akabane), hence why we will need more in the near future.

Have fun :)

~Umbra~

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
so..... is this still being worked on? it's been on the second page for several days now...

Yeah, it still being worked on, there has just been a few 'complications' is all.

Ok, so pack V3 is up and running, and has been up for several days now. The instance incorporates the best of both mods from the standard FTB pack, the magic pack, and even the UE pack, aswell as a few extra mods that we have added to either assist us with immersion in the map, or to make things a little more 'interesting'.

As soon as the pack was released, i started working on the server to get it running, everything was running smoothly, all mods up, map ported over, but the only problems that we had was an exception in the server world tick, with ANY spawn of Mo'Creatures, or if we spawned in a custom NPC. basically, it would cause a simple world tick error, which in turn forced an NPE for either Mo'Creatures, or Custom NPCs for an entity spawn error.

The 2nd complication that I ran into, was the fact that my computer decided to either kill itself, or commit suicide in a most daring fashion, long story short, the MOBO that I have had for approx 6months (ASUS rampage IV Extreme) for the computer that I built at that time (the epic video editing PC for my Videography for FOXTEL, that was quite expensive mind you), decided that it was time to no longer boot. Great isn't it?!

Since the mobo killed itself last Saturday (26/1/2013), i have been working off an Iphone and a laptop to try and get shit done, but the problem is, no one has the details to complete everything on the server, those in the build team do currently have the pack, and the map as it stand at the moment, but nothing else. So it put it down to the fact that nothing will be completed until the computer is running again, unfortunately :( Rest assured I have already bought a new Mobo, and it has arrived, I just need to install it.

So yeah, this is essentially why there hasn't been any posts on this thread for a while.

As you may have noticed, I do try and post something at least every few days (2-3 days apart etc), if there hasn't been anything beyond that time, expect a complete failure with some aspect, lol :)

Anyway, hopefully I will be able to get around to installing the new mobo soon, as i have had a few things come up as well, but once the server is fully functional, i will post in this thread again.

Have Fun :)

~Umbra~

FC360

Jul 29, 2019
Wow that mages guild looks awesome, I would so love it if you had to do a bunch of quests that then ended in the burning of the guild lol like for example you have to go down into the dungeons of the guild hall to find some powerful magical spell that has been lost for centuries but unwittingly when you get to the book you activate a trap that causes the mages guild to catch on first and destroy the place.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
This looks: Absolutely amazing. No doubt. Exceptional, my dear sirs (and women in case there are any working on this).

K4b6

Jul 29, 2019
That is a dark sentence to read since you have not posted anything I'm guessing you are super busy right now or your mobo isn't up yet :p either way hoping to see the map
As you may have noticed, I do try and post something at least every few days (2-3 days apart etc), if there hasn't been anything beyond that time, expect a complete failure with some aspect, lol :)

~Umbra~

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
That is a dark sentence to read since you have not posted anything I'm guessing you are super busy right now or your mobo isn't up yet :p either way hoping to see the map

Well, just so everyone is aware, my computer only is just fixed now.

The new mobo is in, and the comp has been running for about 2 hours now.

If anyone wants to know the whole story....:

My original ASUS Rampage 4 extreme, packed it in, deciding not to boot correctly, and sometimes not at all, faults indicated a power surge in from the PSU on the 12V rail to the mobo in the 24pin connector. i ordered a new board, (A gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard), and when it arrived, the B Channel of RAM, was faulty, I could still run the comp, as long as nothing was in the B Channel. I RMAed the board, and the repair was gonna take another 3 weeks (rediculous), so, i bought another board while I wait for the Gigabyte one to be repaired, (ASUS X79 Sabertooth Motherboard), that I hope runs for a while, and i will probs use this one even when the Gigabyte one comes back.

So yeah, the whole thing took 2 months total, and i'm a little annoyed by it, so, I will probably take a week off anything, relax, and I'll start working on re-doing the whole pack and working on the server etc.

So, sorry about the no updates, but it was out of my control unfortunately :(

~Umbra~