Problems with Direwolf 20

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
What's your minimum ram set to? Minecraft is weird you can allocate tonnes of ram to the max setting but if the minimum ram isn't set high enough enough it slows down when you go past that threshold.
Makes me wonder what the point of that maximum ram setting is...
I had a similar problem with a private pack of mine. I was running at 10FPS when I was looking horizontal but If I looked straight up it was 90FPS, I realized that my minimum ram was still set to 1gig and it was using 70% of my ram (at least that's what F3 said) but my max was set to 4gig I bumped the minimum ram up to 2gig and it was way smoother.

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
To have bills found the problem ... at least for now ran DW20 again in singleplayer good 4 hours stable ... - is only the problem that I have to take out a lot of mods (Hats, Hats state, PortelGun, Power Converters, powersuit, Mystcraft, Witchery , GravityGun, Morph and Waila) - so that I could still live so reasonably ... but also I can also absolutely no minimap and no use Texturepack ... and sorry then I get in the mc puke ... and without the mods can I anyway not on the server of my friends ...

CPU Chill - no idea how I get the out, but they can easily grip with fingers

Graphics Cards Chill is a maximum of 45 degree Celsius

And now the only question remains: Why was DW20 even a few days without any problems and now suddenly no longer just.

Last edited:

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Appendix:
And above all, why work ALL other Mod packages with me just too perfect, where also some are at where these mods are included ... only this DW20 does not want ..... Why???

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Appendix:
And above all, why work ALL other Mod packages with me just too perfect, where also some are at where these mods are included ... only this DW20 does not want ..... Why???

What mods are included or what mods are removed, this is DW20's wish. It is a shame that Tech World runs pretty well for you (with minimaps) and DW20 does not.

One idea: You can copy the config files from Tech World 2 into the DW20 pack, and try running the DW20 pack. Maybe it is some config that's making it difficult for you.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
With these mods DW20 did not work for me:

Hats, Hats state, PortelGun, Power Converters, powersuit, Mystcraft, Witchery, GravityGun, Morph and Waila

I have these mods now easily done once as a test in my TechWorld2 package .... and it runs perfectly ....

This confuses me now totally ...

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
configs... See if the tech world configs are different to the DW configs for the same mods... This might be a good step.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
And why then runs hats under TechWorld2 Perfect?

And in DW20 just not?

Are both packs running exactly the same version of Hats with exactly the same options configured?

We need real details or this discussion only goes around in circles.

Reactions: AlCapella

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
DW20's pack runs fine for me on an old XPS720 dual core 3.4. I have upgraded the GPU in the past to a 560ti and I only have 4G Ram. I run the pack at between 40-55 fps. When you have changed your JAVA did you use the removal tool from Oracle? Because if you have not your JAVA is jumbled. Also it slows your system down when you have 2 versions of JAVA installed so just use the 64 bit.
if DW20's pack doesn't work for you you can stop using it until it updates several times in which your problems may get fixed.
FTB's mod pack teams do this for FREE so asking the same thing over and over while bitching and whining that someone did their job wrong is not going to get you anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hambeau

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
DW20's pack runs fine for me on an old XPS720 dual core 3.4. I have upgraded the GPU in the past to a 560ti and I only have 4G Ram. I run the pack at between 40-55 fps. When you have changed your JAVA did you use the removal tool from Oracle? Because if you have not your JAVA is jumbled. Also it slows your system down when you have 2 versions of JAVA installed so just use the 64 bit.
if DW20's pack doesn't work for you you can stop using it until it updates several times in which your problems may get fixed.
FTB's mod pack teams do this for FREE so asking the same thing over and over while bitching and whining that someone did their job wrong is not going to get you anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many if not most of us are having absolutely no problems at all with the DW20 pack, or have resolved any issues. Insisting that the problem must be with the pack while seeming to refuse to provide specific details when asked are only making your posts sound trollish. I have more problems running Monster than DW20 but still see over 60 fps at all times.

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
I think I will never solve the problem. Quite simply for the reason I can not English and the forum here has no other language service ...

Therefore Close

Dormaler

Jul 29, 2019
Hey try to delete all the Java arguments and set only this up:"-Xms512m -XX: PermSize=512m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3". And i know that some of your arguments are outdated...

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
1. Video settings set to "normal view distance".
2. Try Java 8. For me (and i hear for many others) it increased CPU and RAM performance. No more leaking memory i think, where with Java 7 i had issue that RAM usage would go up to 9GB in a few hours (i have 16GB RAM so it could). Ingame (F3) it never showed more than 2GB, but it was leaking memory and that showed only in Task manager. Could've been result of lots use of dimensional portals.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
1. Video settings set to "normal view distance".
2. Try Java 8. For me (and i hear for many others) it increased CPU and RAM performance. No more leaking memory i think, where with Java 7 i had issue that RAM usage would go up to 9GB in a few hours (i have 16GB RAM so it could). Could've been result of lots use of dimensional portals.
Well 1. It should only have 2-3 gigs allocated, 4 at most :p
2. Java 8 is sometimes buggy and has not been tested.
But it is worth trying.