Problems with Direwolf 20

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Correct Tech World 2 running on my server that I rented on Very Games, just Direwolf 2, only this server has hired a friend. - Now have the RAM set back to 2GB down - And I can not say enough about ALL other Mod packages run perfectly for me, even FTB Ultimate ... and they run perfectly even if I each of them a server on my PC itself create, these start and then FTB open and joine there on the server ..... just this .... DW2 want to stop no longer, for whatever reason ....

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
You could try using a program like JVisualVM to see if there's a specific mod causing the problem.

fishille

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft is an odd bit of software in my experience. Its 99% of the time software issues then anything with your hardware.
Example I have played on my FTB Monster server with 2 separate desktops.
1. I5-3570k, AMd 7970, SSD, more then enough RAM, windows 8
2. I3-2120, and 5770, regular HDD, 2gb ram to MC, OsX Mountain Lion (hackintosh)

Both get the same fps in game. Which is rather unexciting 40-50fps via in game debugger.

My guess is there's a specific mod that's in dw20 that's derping you may require different settings or try the optifine fix. Either way its certainly not hardware holding you back.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same issue in my dw20 (3-5 fps in my base) and abandoned it due to it (and a random crash issue that annoyed the heck out of me).
If I would still play it I'd throw the newest opis version at it and see if it can help. It can run client render stats so it might help locating the issue.

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
A friend of the mod package has now placed in the Tekkit Launcher ... I started exactly the same package now about this Launcher .... and you see and be amazed ... it runs much better than with the FTB Launcher ... it Although still runs shit .... but much better than with the FTB Launcher .... how can that be just ....?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
A friend of the mod package has now placed in the Tekkit Launcher ... I started exactly the same package now about this Launcher .... and you see and be amazed ... it runs much better than with the FTB Launcher ... it Although still runs shit .... but much better than with the FTB Launcher .... how can that be just ....?
ya, its best if you use multimc or something for your launching, somehow their faster than FTB.
also, here are my args, dunno if their better than yours.

-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=80 -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled

Reactions: RedBoss

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
ya, its best if you use multimc or something for your launching, somehow their faster than FTB.
also, here are my args, dunno if their better than yours.

-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=80 -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled

I tried it with your arguments, DW20 then runs so no longer .... but all other Mod packages run with it even better than before.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
..... least the others run better! but seriously, :([DOUBLEPOST=1400137125][/DOUBLEPOST]hmmm, actually, if you give us a log and some screenshots, might be able to help more.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019

Well, this is a very interesting note! Maybe like other people have said, you can disable some of the direwolf mods, and switch on the same number of mods that FTBLite2 has. How does it improve the performance? If it improves performance, try enabling one mod at a time and see when you land into problems. I agree that this is the worst and most tedious way to test! I can understand if you don't do it like this. :)

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Now have all the mods tested by .... ProjectRed it is definitely not .... the Mod's that significantly reduce noticeably the FPS are with me:

Power Converters - geadded from the server admin .. -> have remove it, tryed to start DW20.... nothing...
Portal Gun
Muse Machine's PowerSuits

Log data can not give you unfortunately because DW20 with me no port ... And Screen's go .... yes maybe not ... because DW20 not even start anymore ...

PS: I think it would be really great if you happen to one of the mod package developer could express / would.

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
Im wondering if the problem is with the world... or the modpack.
What FPS do you get if you start a brand new world? Is it still 5-10fps?

I have a very beefy system, but I have had problems with optifine Causing lag rather than fixing it. Eventually i found the 'D1' version which fixed a lot of things.

I also saw you installed java 8 instead of java 7. I dont know how well FTB is tested with java 8. Most folks run java7.

So.... try this:
1) uninstall java -- EVERY SINGLE VERSION.
2) Attempt to run FTB -- you should get an error about java not found. If it runs, stop and report back here
3) Install java 7 64bit
4) Attempt to run FTB -- The launcher should start. check the console log in the launcher to make sure it found only ONE version of java
5) goto options, set RAM to 2GB. remove any extra JVM arguments
6) edit your FTB modpack and (temporarily) disable theses mods:
hats, hatrack, opis, waila, zan's minimap, mapwriter, journey map, Reis minimap and Optifine
(dont worry if some of these are missing)
7) start a new single player world.
How is performance?

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Executing ... not perfect but runs ... and I can not play like that with my friends on the server together .... but at least I can now talk again start DW20 .....

But log sets the launcher still does not.

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Right, "Technic" .... because I play on the DW20 TEKKIT Launcher, as it then 1000000 times runs better there than if I start it on the FTB Launcher .... but also the FTB Launcher makes NO LOGFILES