Poppy, Resonant Rise

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019

Today I have decided that despite the fact that I love my(and RedBosses) old base dearly, it's time to build something more... accommodating.

I love early bases, love the mess, love the crazy genius vibe, love the completely random contraptions here and there... But yeah, time to move on.
Yf0e9CZ.jpg

Luckily, I knew this day is coming and in my infinite wisdom, have prepared a few... supplies.
Yes, that's what I'm gonna build from. Mostly.
i8OsNmy.png

This is the spot I've chosed, the build style will be high-tech/security, hence the steel. Maybe a dash of concrete and iron to break the monotony.

WAIT! I see the future! Forcefields, lasers, railguns, and barbed wire, that's what's in it. HECK! I think I'll cover the perimeter in cursed earth and gaseous tenebrae for s***t and giggles.

Target practice folks, don't let your minions go without it.
r70GS24.jpg

Now, what would a genius mad man be without BIG GUNS, flashy technology, a last resort underground bunker and a self destruct sequence?

Nothing, I tell you! NOTHING!

So I've made a particle accelerator. Fairly big one too, 128x128
h3BIy87.jpg
This'll quicken clearing the spot for the underbase in the maddest way possible - by setting of an antimatter bomb right in the middle of the particle accelerator ring that helped make it, carefully calculated as to not hurt the ring itself.

I'll be frank for a second though, making antimatter turned out to be a total let-down. I highly doubt that someone built an 128x128 particle accelerator in leggit SMP, turns out that even so, I'd only get back a 180 part of the energy invested. Well, more antimatter bullets for me, I guess. I'll need a new plan for making energy though (and I think I know just what's gonna do it)
an21DYG.png

Whoa, I'll have to deal with this real soon.
e8exz0W.jpg

Last but not least: I really wish RC steel blocks had connected textures. Like really really really. #CovertJaguar ? :D

Fret not though, my friends, If all else fails, client hackmods are always the solution! for your viewing pleasure - and mine! You'll have to wait for that one though.
ZRBXGjX.png

In closing: I really wish I had slopes. #KirinDave ? :D

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
that is looking to be an awesome build their poppy.

One can only hope, you know how it is, envisioning something in your head is the easy part, getting it out without distorting it... not so much.

But hey, I'm having a blast, that's what matters :).

Reactions: fergcraft

Christian Sinclair

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, how did you get that much steel? I could do with a set-up like that in my SSP world, but have no idea how I would acquire the resources

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, how did you get that much steel? I could do with a set-up like that in my SSP world, but have no idea how I would acquire the resources

Just a little MFR bio fuel setup and a MFR mining laser. I'm using the mekanism method of making steel. The rest is just adding the bits together with automation.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
LOL the base I haven't seen in a month. Rassafrackin dsl! I'll try to get on again next week

But seriously people, there a flipping PARTICLE ACCELERATOR! If you want cool, interesting tech, then the UE mods are waiting.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
LOL the base I haven't seen in a month. Rassafrackin dsl! I'll try to get on again next week

But seriously people, there a flipping PARTICLE ACCELERATOR! If you want cool, interesting tech, then the UE mods are waiting.
Notice anything different? :D

Reactions: RedBoss

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
So THAT's where all my wool went :p ! No, but WOW, very cool. Can't wait to see the finished build :)

I've only used 10k! There was at least as much left when I returned the dsu!
Oh_Noes_by_camelhijackation.gif

:D
needs more cow bell.

I haven't quite managed cow bells, but I did make a cow in a glass bell for you,is that alright? I mean sure, I know, you've got the cowbell fever and the only prescription is more cowbell, but this is the best I could do, I am sorry to have failed you:
q3RTA30.png

Aaaanyway, seems the locals enjoy this new construction activity and look forward to it's finishing:
Dg7kELy.png

Sadly, those poor devils got into a very sad and very unfortunate mining laser accident and were all killed accidentally maliciously. Well, what can I say, there's splinters if you cut a forest, there's corpses in the air when you're removing a design you're not happy with, with explosives.

On the + side of things, I did in the end come up with a design I'm happy with for the wall towers:
ZGcy7RK.png

After I build the second tower, I realized it's one block off, instead of rebuilding it, I decided to move the bad bits with MFFS. For this, I made a little setup in my old base to transfer fortrons in a orderly manner to the build site, without ugly, flat 20% losses in energy.
eIfMdCR.png
Yes, fortrons are a liquid. Yes, you can store them in tanks. YES, I WILL use that in the build. Not just for eye candy though, o-o-o-h no.

Naturally, with MFFS power in place, I decided to simply use it for building the other two towers.
sBrObwG.jpg

Well well well, that's what I call EXPEDITIOUS building, the awesome thing is that MFFS can rotate stuff for ya, heck, you can even scale your builds. Although, the results of doing so might not be to your liking.
QeZo1Ow.png

Ah, don't you just love it when something begins to come together. Diagonal towers tomorrow, then, The Wall.
]
apU69xX.jpg
Question!

Do you folks think I should swap my iron block and steel block textures over to a borderless variant, or do you think this can work.

Cause I'm kinda torn, I hated it at first, but it sorta just grew on me. So yeah, your opinion, would you kindly.

This build was powered by: Arctic monkeys! Go give 'em a shot:

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Personally, I say give the borderless variant a go, and if that doesn't work for you, change it back!

It is your build after all ;)

Christian Sinclair

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, this looks awesome. and those MFFS building thingies look absolutely insane, those are from calclavia's one, right? what are they called?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, this looks awesome. and those MFFS building thingies look absolutely insane, those are from calclavia's one, right? what are they called?
THey are indeed from calclavia, I have no idea o their name though...

It's actually just a regular force-field projector, but it's got a few more addons, I believe it's the custom forcefield, and then there's another module you add in which it places blocks in the forcefield for you instead of just force blocks (and with the custom forcefield it places block for block what it copied from

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I say give the borderless variant a go, and if that doesn't work for you, change it back!

It is your build after all ;)

Will do!
Yes, calclavias MFFS3, it's a force field projector, with a custom module stuck in it, and a force field stabilization module. Here's the kicker: you can use this with a force manipulator inch drive, wanna build an elaboratelly patterned 20km long megalew tunel? NO PROBLEM! Wanna build a cern sized large hadron colider in minecraft? WE'VE GOT YA COVERED! MFFS3 Is pretty damn cool if ya ask me.
It's actually just a regular force-field projector, but it's got a few more addons, I believe it's the custom forcefield, and then there's another module you add in which it places blocks in the forcefield for you instead of just force blocks (and with the custom forcefield it places block for block what it copied from
+100 internets for you!
ok the MFFS thing is pretty epic
Sure is! The nice thing is that it's not all sprinkles and sunshine either, things can go Sugar Honey Ice Tea before you can say "poop", if you're not careful. Heck things can go Sugar Honey Ice Tea even if you are careful! The power draw also ain't something to sneeze at.
MFFS has always bored me... but maybe I should give this another gander
You mean the original, or MFFS3? Cause I'd agree about the original, buuut....

Reactions: the_j485

ChiTown03

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome builds! I have a question tho. In your first post second picture when you hover over steel it's showing tinkers construct. I've seen many you tubers with that showing what mod an item is from. So my question is how did you enable that function? Is it from NEI? A diff mod? A config?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome builds! I have a question tho. In your first post second picture when you hover over steel it's showing tinkers construct. I've seen many you tubers with that showing what mod an item is from. So my question is how did you enable that function? Is it from NEI? A diff mod? A config?

That's from a mod called "What Am I Looking At" or WAILA for short.