Please give me a solution on how to better protect myself from creepers

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
Build walls? Not dying to creepers is very much a vanilla skill, so unless you skipped vanilla and went straight for modded, I can only suggest going back and learning the basics.
that would work for a house but not in a cave

but the op's problem isnt the death its that hes playing on the newest version of the pack and theres a bug that lags the creeper explosion. until they update the pack and fix this bug there is no thing you can do op

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
thats a bad workaround, if i wanted to keep my stuff on death i would play softcore terraria.

part of the fun of minecraft is to have to find your stuff after dying in a cave but cant do that now on the pack updates.
'Mine' craft

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

but the op's problem isnt the death its that hes playing on the newest version of the pack and theres a bug that lags the creeper explosion. until they update the pack and fix this bug there is no thing you can do op

I think he means wall of unlit/unexplored sections of the cave- so monsters only attack from the front.

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't you guys just disable the creeper block damage stuff for now? "/gamerule mobGriefing false" and it should stop creepers from destroying blocks and your items. The blast will still kill you though.

Edit: Already said in this thread, sorry!

Last edited:

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Exploring caves is also a vanilla skill. It is a skill that I don't have, but if you watch people who play UHC or the like (BnB series specifically) you will see the meticulous level of care that they put into exploring caves/ravines. Those are strategies which are vanilla-based.

The only reason why I say this, is because it is a skill you develop. I remember when Etho used to get owned by creepers. Now he runs around in his LP without armour and is more confident with his UHC.

If you have such good TiCo tools, you should be able to afford armour that would give you the breathing space to live through a point-blank explosion. I am not sure if RR has IC2, TC4, or even vanilla armour. iirc those all have armours that work well against creepers.

Even with a lagged explosion, that would actually give you more time to get away after the first strike. Also a fully quartz'd TiCo weapon can easily do 20 points of damage (10 hearts).

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
so i was going to make a video to show off this bug but it didnt work for me. op try force updating and see if creepers still take all your stuff.

its the grave thats bugged, if you enable it say bye to all your stuff.

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
My solution is be very careful about where you are mining and get to work on a set of decent armor asap.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
in the config file of CodeChickenCore set this line to true

Code:
    #If set to true, creepers will not destroy landscape. (A version of mobGreifing setting just for creepers)
    environmentallyFriendlyCreepers=true

all other explosions still explode, just no creepers anymore, though they still do damage to your health, so watch out for that
I don't find it cheating, after having filled up creeper hole #58943928495 you kind of get sick of it after a while

Reactions: Bigpak and YX33A

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
:) I had iron chestplate and leggings. But I was more focused on making a logistcs pipes sorting and crafting system in my home, instead of armor. Maybe I will try to go for modular powersuits... Although maybe Advanced genetics has an easier solution with the Ocelot genes?

Witchery seems distant in my plans, being more focused on Thaumcraft and Ars Magica 2 right now, being quite complicated on their own.

Even the first tier AM2 armor is decent.

Though for headgear I'm using Thaumcraft's runic armor for the Goggles of Revealing.

Last edited:
Reactions: YX33A

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
But, still, if Blood Magic is in RR, that stuff will make you invincible when wearing the full set, not to mention that, with upgrades, it can make you as fast as with Boots of the Traveler.
Plus, you can go air sigil for flight. There isn't a jetpack thing, but you can get goggles of revealing on your helmet. No vis discount though. Check out @Padfoote's Beginner's Guide to Blood Magic.

Reactions: Padfoote

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
blood magic armor is really cool to have. it makes you invincible, you get to automate the mass slaughter of villagers, and you get to witness really cool lightening effects.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
blood magic armor is really cool to have. it makes you invincible, you get to automate the mass slaughter of villagers, and you get to witness really cool lightening effects.
Actually, I'm pretty sure it takes the damage out on your LP, and if you use less than a Master Blood Orb, you have to pay for the sigils running.
But, hey, Master Blood Orbs are pretty cheap.

Reactions: Padfoote

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I'm pretty sure it takes the damage out on your LP, and if you use less than a Master Blood Orb, you have to pay for the sigils running.
But, hey, Master Blood Orbs are pretty cheap.
yeah, thats why i said you get to automate the mass slaughter of villagers.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019

Still works for a cave, still a skill you learn in vanilla.