Please give me a solution on how to better protect myself from creepers

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is much ado about nothing.

Creepers arn't scary.

Basic vanilla armor can save you unless you are the type to run around wirh half your hearts missing because you are too lazy to eat.

But that is irrelevant. Creepers arn't scary enough to warrant this fuss.

They used to terrify me. And blow me up. And no could save me. But then I installed a weeping angels mod. And they scared me so much I was bloody relieved when I turned around and it was only a creeper.

Strangely, loosing my fear of creepers made their explosions less effective. The lack of panic means you can back off. And hit them for some knockback. And just *know* when they are sneaking up.

And if they do sneak up unannounced, ive always found the thaumium chest and legs to supplament the goggles of revealing and boots of the traveller to be quite sufficient. Especially if enchanted.

But. Creepers arn't scary. You can fight them with a wooden sword and nothing else once you know that.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Its the second time when I was blown up by creepers in a cave and lost everything... The Grave gets destroyed in the explosion, so I lose all my hard worked stuff. This time I lost a cobalt hammer, boots of traveling, my perfect Manyullyn Sword enhanced with 144 quarts and 450 lapis lazuli, regenerating shovel, looting 2 manyullyn pickaxe, backpacks full of ores, and so on...

Is there a way to protect myself from these creepers using some mod creation?
You should play blood and bones for awhile you'll love some of the creepers you'll find in that pack....

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is much ado about nothing.

Creepers arn't scary.

Basic vanilla armor can save you unless you are the type to run around wirh half your hearts missing because you are too lazy to eat.

But that is irrelevant. Creepers arn't scary enough to warrant this fuss.

They used to terrify me. And blow me up. And no could save me. But then I installed a weeping angels mod. And they scared me so much I was bloody relieved when I turned around and it was only a creeper.

Strangely, loosing my fear of creepers made their explosions less effective. The lack of panic means you can back off. And hit them for some knockback. And just *know* when they are sneaking up.

And if they do sneak up unannounced, ive always found the thaumium chest and legs to supplament the goggles of revealing and boots of the traveller to be quite sufficient. Especially if enchanted.

But. Creepers arn't scary. You can fight them with a wooden sword and nothing else once you know that.

no one here is scared of creepers 0_o

the op is bitching about a bug with the open blocks grave and explosion damage that was introduced in the june set of updates.

what happens is that after you die the grave gets placed and the game still thinks the explosion is happening so your grave gets blown up and destroyed and takes 90% of your items with it.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Not much to do except gear up armor if we're talking about adventuring. If we're talking about the vacinity of you base... surround you area with a 3 high fencepost wall with afence post extruding outward to prevent even spiders from getting in. Nothing will get you as long as none of the inside area shows up as yellow or red when you hit F7. Its meta, but its how I can eAsily survive mf2 and bnb.[DOUBLEPOST=1405291821][/DOUBLEPOST]Yeah, the whole graveyard thing scares the crap out of me... rather just try and get back there before they despawn... because I know its there. The graveyard thing is turrble

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
You should play blood and bones for awhile you'll love some of the creepers you'll find in that pack....
My favorite is the silverfish stone one...
Creepers can still be dangerous when they're in your base near machines and stuff

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
in the config file of CodeChickenCore set this line to true

Code:
    #If set to true, creepers will not destroy landscape. (A version of mobGreifing setting just for creepers)
    environmentallyFriendlyCreepers=true

all other explosions still explode, just no creepers anymore, though they still do damage to your health, so watch out for that
I don't find it cheating, after having filled up creeper hole #58943928495 you kind of get sick of it after a while

I.... I don't know how to thank you, that is really really helpful as I have been trying to find a way to just disable creeper explosions and nothing else as I like all the other mob griefing, I appreciate it! Thank you.

Reactions: YX33A

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
Besides some sort of "better than iron" armor, have an ender chest in the base feeding into your favorite sorting system, carry a matching ender pouch and dump anything you've mined and hate to lose into it.

In addition to keeping you from losing everything if you go lava diving, it's also a handy way of keeping inventory clear while caving.

Already have that, but I just can't throw the pickaxe, sword, shovel, hammer in there while exploring :) .

Yep. Wearing obsidian head, legs, and feet with a top of the line simply jetpacks jetpack (armored, of course) and I'm basically immune to damage. I'll probably switch for something else eventually...or at least enchant the armor.

BTW, OP, manyullyn is actually a pretty crappy choice for a weapon in RR. Easiest top end damage is refined glowstone, but it has terrible durability (which is why mine is fluxed.) Without a single piece of nether quartz (I haven't really gotten around to nether mining just yet) my cutlass (same damage as a broadsword) one-shots anything except enderman and angry zombies, unless they're wearing armor. Similarly, there are much better choices for tools. Check out extratic in NEI and you can see what's best. Personally I usually start with steel mining tools, then sanguinite, and eventually go for tartarite. Things that don't worry about mining level are platinum, with flux (a platinum shovel, for example, mines dirt so fast it's hard to mine a single block. Put silk touch on it and it's reasonably controllable.)

Manyullyn isn't good? Didn't expect that, since its quite hard to make. I will look into refined glowstone, thanks.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Already have that, but I just can't throw the pickaxe, sword, shovel, hammer in there while exploring :) .

Manyullyn isn't good? Didn't expect that, since its quite hard to make. I will look into refined glowstone, thanks.
The key part of that is "in RR". Manyullyn is probably the best choice for a weapon in a pack that doesn't add additional metals.

Douxo

Jul 29, 2019
If you get yourself a modular powersuit, you can add sprint boost to increase your movement speed (and of course flight), and you can even build goggles of revealing into the helmet to let you see aura nodes.

It has the added bonus of making you virtually invulnerable to mobs.

Making a mod power suit and having a creeper blow it up too will just destroy more hours ^^.
I had the same creeper problem happen to me and i lost parts of a mod suit, and its the worst thing to have to replace...

elenoire

Jul 29, 2019
you can wear witch robe, creeper will ignore you, you can do the same with zombies and skelies with necromancer robe. or inject yourself with ocelot dna with advance genetic.

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
you can wear witch robe, creeper will ignore you, you can do the same with zombies and skelies with necromancer robe. or inject yourself with ocelot dna with advance genetic.
Witches robes appear nice, although they seem hard to make. Anyway, thanks :) . Are they good for general damage protection as well?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
no one here is scared of creepers 0_o

the op is bitching about a bug with the open blocks grave and explosion damage that was introduced in the june set of updates.

Be that as it may, creepers arn't scary because creepers don't kill. Bad situational awareness and bad gearing kills. Creepers, not so much.

Reactions: Padfoote

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
Be that as it may, creepers arn't scary because creepers don't kill. Bad situational awareness and bad gearing kills. Creepers, not so much.
Well, they did kill me, twice, and they made my items disappear. And I am sure that it might happen again if I don't get proper mod gear. That's why I asked. The items I create got too expensive to afford too much risk of dying because of a little carelessness. And I admit I am sometimes careless while mining.

elenoire

Jul 29, 2019
Witches robes appear nice, although they seem hard to make. Anyway, thanks :) . Are they good for general damage protection as well?
it has leather level defense sadly, however with bark belt, seeping shoes, and witch hat, it can block 4 strikes from anything with no damage at all(including rapiers). you can recharge the "barks" it by standing on grass.

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
it has leather level defense sadly, however with bark belt, seeping shoes, and witch hat, it can block 4 strikes from anything with no damage at all(including rapiers). you can recharge the "barks" it by standing on grass.

That actually sounds quite good for exploring the world :) . No idea if it would help in caves...

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
It's okay, I guess, but when there's better for easier...(not that it's hard to get, really...I've got about 100 cobalt and ardite ore, and I've only mined the nether once.) There are at least a couple things with higher damage, and lots of things with equal damage plus an effect (life steal, wither, poison, etc.)

Really, just check out the various tool parts in NEI and you'll see there's quite a number of interesting choices.

Elwoodio

Jul 29, 2019
In monster I vaguley remember seeing a death ender type chest from one of the mods don't quite no how it works but may be worth looking at ill have a look see if I can find the name tomorrow when I get home from work to see what its called.