Please give me a solution on how to better protect myself from creepers

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
Its the second time when I was blown up by creepers in a cave and lost everything... The Grave gets destroyed in the explosion, so I lose all my hard worked stuff. This time I lost a cobalt hammer, boots of traveling, my perfect Manyullyn Sword enhanced with 144 quarts and 450 lapis lazuli, regenerating shovel, looting 2 manyullyn pickaxe, backpacks full of ores, and so on...

Is there a way to protect myself from these creepers using some mod creation?

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Your OP was more story, less information. What modpack are you using, we can't suggest mods if we are unsure if they are even in the modpack you're using.
I would recommend Botania armour...but Botania is not in a lot of modpacks... :(

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
TTKami Feline Amulet ftw
Why did the grave get destroyed? The one explosion that kills you can't destroy it.
I don't know why, but a creeper explosion destroys it... It happened twice.

Also, about proper armor, I used boots of the traveler to move faster, and googles of revealing to see aura nodes...

Last edited:

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I don't know why, but a creeper explosion destroys it... It happened twice.

Also, about proper armor, I used boots of the traveler to move faster, and googles of revealing to see aura nodes...

If you get yourself a modular powersuit, you can add sprint boost to increase your movement speed (and of course flight), and you can even build goggles of revealing into the helmet to let you see aura nodes.

It has the added bonus of making you virtually invulnerable to mobs.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
That's not armour... need a chestplate and leggings

:) I had iron chestplate and leggings. But I was more focused on making a logistcs pipes sorting and crafting system in my home, instead of armor. Maybe I will try to go for modular powersuits... Although maybe Advanced genetics has an easier solution with the Ocelot genes?

Witchery seems distant in my plans, being more focused on Thaumcraft and Ars Magica 2 right now, being quite complicated on their own.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I haven't seen the obvious. vanilla solution, assuming you are using a recent base version of MC...

Get yourself a cadre of Ocelots... They become domesticated cats when fed fish (like wolves become dogs with bones). Creepers will go nowhere near cats willingly and run away if possible.

Just post them around your worksite (they sit just like dogs) and "No More Creepers"(tm)

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
:) I had iron chestplate and leggings. But I was more focused on making a logistcs pipes sorting and crafting system in my home, instead of armor. Maybe I will try to go for modular powersuits... Although maybe Advanced genetics has an easier solution with the Ocelot genes?

Witchery seems distant in my plans, being more focused on Thaumcraft and Ars Magica 2 right now, being quite complicated on their own.

Thaumcraft adds runic armour which is awesome... go for that

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
Runic armor, that does sound nice, thanks.

But these armors really protect me from creeper explosion? Because the last time when I died there were about 3 creepers next to me... Would the armor protect me against that?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Runic armor, that does sound nice, thanks. But these armors really protect me from creeper explosion? Because the last time when I died there were about 3 creepers next to me... Would the armor protect me against that?

Well the first one to explode will often kill the others so probably.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
TTKami Feline Amulet ftw
Why did the grave get destroyed? The one explosion that kills you can't destroy it.

after the recent update to all of the mod packs a bugged mod was added that makes creeper explosions lag not only killing you but destroying your stuff as it drops.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/what-mod-is-doing-this.46223/

edit: i hope this gets fixed because cant really play any of the new stuff knowing there is a huge bug that over punishes you for a death.