Plate bending machines :how to

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
If I changed the config, but not on the server I play on would it still work?

No, the server config overrides the client one. However, NEI will still show the client side configuration recipies. So you'll probably end up confused as a drunk garden gnome.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I'll agree with you that it is really a very simple machine,it took me 5 mins to learn it and i knew nothing about gregtech, but if there is one thing my time on minecraft has taught me it's that people do some very stupid things, and so i made a video for the less outgoing of the people who dont use the wiki, i get people constantly who mess up things far more than i thought possible...
How can you spend an entire five minutes figuring out that ingots and power go in, plates come out?

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
I just see people on the wiki team going, "Why aren't you reading my work?" and it frustrates me. Because if you don't know, then that means that your team doesn't realize how poorly accessible the FTB wiki is. You are not easy to find via google, and you are not linked from the homepage. Heck, you're hard to find in the forums and I know where to look.

Turn on private browsing mode so google doesn't know about your personal wiki-team-member browsing and search history and type the query. Wanna know what I get?

Stop making this about me being part of the wiki team, This isn't about me being part of the wiki team

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Stop making this about me being part of the wiki team, This isn't about me being part of the wiki team

Please, stop telling me what I did and didn't notice and how that affected my decisions. Noticing that tag under your name and your seemingly blithe–albeit implicit–dismissal of how hard it can be to find information when you're a new modded minecraft player definitely shaped my reactions.

I'm not sure why this conversation has lingered on as long as it has. Do we actually have much more to say on this topic?

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Please, stop telling me what I did and didn't notice and how that affected my decisions. Noticing that tag under your name and your seemingly blithe–albeit implicit–dismissal of how hard it can be to find information when you're a new modded minecraft player definitely shaped my reactions.

I'm not sure why this conversation has lingered on as long as it has. Do we actually have much more to say on this topic?

Well, All i can say is that simply googling things was what i did when i was an FTB pleb

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Well, All i can say is that simply googling things was what i did when i was an FTB pleb
Simply googling things is what I do all day long over there in the tech support section. You do realize that there's a huge amount of <15 years old people playing Minecraft/FTB and you just can't assume that they know how to google something. The instruction videos are great.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Are you saying people not on the wiki team are plebs?
[/fuel]

no, i'm saying what i did before i was totally FTB savvy, And i'm still not, I cant code and stuff
call the fire dept because i'm tired and dont want anyone to hate me over this anways

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Which fire department? Do I call 911, 999, 000, or 01189998819991197253?

That was a great show. Also, quick ED, get in.
633801847724396865-FlameShield.jpg

Reactions: EternalDensity

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I am at lost for words over how badly this thread as spiraled out of control.

And I've sort of lost some respect here for some people.

All that said KirinDave you keep being awesome. And Hopefully some mod will come by and nuke this thread so it it never gets necro'd in to flame bait one night when someone gets bored.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
I didnt watch the video yet, but NEI didnt tell me what the weird buttons on the bottom left meant... (I also find the gregtech machines confusing because theyr specify maximum eu/t, that does not necessarily mean its the amount required to work properly)

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Let me give you asswipes some perspective. cool your jets broskis/bras :p

I started playing FTB 5 weeks ago, from vanilla MC last played over a year ago. For the first two days, I didn't realize NEI had a search bar, so I was tabbing out for recipes. When my server went down, I tried playing single player and got frustrated because clicking on a recipe gave the item when I wanted to see the recipe. I then realized there was a menu, 3 days later, after making a personal server to circumvent it. I also found the minimap hotkey by accident (M) and the resulting controls.

I have a Masters and my PE in electrical engineering, and managed to progress and optimize the entire gregtech/ic2/bc/AE in 3 weeks. According to you, I'm an idiot. Am I an idiot because the base documentation is dog shit for new players new to mods? NO.

Edit: timestamps are tiny on a phone *face palm* I thought the argument was more recent. Still good to have a noob perspective shown though as it tends to get forgotten.