Plate bending machines :how to

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Well Chrissy, i am Senior admin on The server and so i don't play legit often as i am often busy monitoring things and dealing with people, I honestly don't know too much about Greg-tech, All i knew was after we updated to the most recent update tons of people didn't know how to us a plate bending machine,(I thought it was a new machine) i consulted the wiki and found it to be fairly vague, i also searched for tutorials on how to use a plate bending machine, and still found little to nothing.
I am currently attempting to make my place in the YouTube world and i saw the lack of info on this machine to be an opportunity to help people.
So someone cant make a video on somthing thats been out for a few months? oh, Everyone stop making Minecraft videos!, and skyrim.. and happy wheels... and any topic ever after 3 months
Keep on trolling i suppose.

People should stop making happy wheels videos imo

Reactions: EternalDensity

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Look i'd be more willing to see your point of veiw if you weren't condescending with your initial response >_>

I just see people on the wiki team going, "Why aren't you reading my work?" and it frustrates me. Because if you don't know, then that means that your team doesn't realize how poorly accessible the FTB wiki is. You are not easy to find via google, and you are not linked from the homepage. Heck, you're hard to find in the forums and I know where to look.

I could use NEI, I could go as far as googling

Let's talk about this. Here's what you see:

G2yWrcP.png

Turn on private browsing mode so google doesn't know about your personal wiki-team-memeber browsing and search history and type the query. Wanna know what I get?

Screen Shot 2013-06-02 at 9.05.42 AM.png

Not what you see. Google, you see, knows what's up with your personal search history. Let's try again, without the profanity.
Screen Shot 2013-06-02 at 9.07.31 AM.png

You're still not on the first two pages. So let's pretend I know what mod adds the bending machine. Even then the wiki's SEO is mediocre.
Screen Shot 2013-06-02 at 9.08.05 AM.png

You're actually #4, and below the fold on a lot of browsers. This is not Google's problem, this is the FTB team, in general, having a very poor understanding of how to interact with Google and optimize their presence there.

You personally may do great work for the wiki. I do not know. Certainly I've seen some great pages and some awful pages (the Bending Machine page in question is medium, but I've seen great ones). What I do know is that you should't be mad that new players have a hard time finding it. It's not very easy to find unless you know it's there.[/quote]

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
Look i'd be more willing to see your point of veiw if you weren't condescending with your initial response >_>

And for gods sake who cant use the wiki, I could use NEI, I could go as far as googling

"What the fuck is a bending machine" And get information on what it does (No seriously, Look)
G2yWrcP.png

why are you using adblock? i thought the wiki needed the adds

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Remember, Greg tries to explain things as well as he can in-game.
Thanks to his NEI Plugin and the wonders of tooltips, you will never be at a loss for information on the Plate Bending Machine.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
What about when people don't even know the machine exists? What do you Google then?
Why would anyone need to Google how to make plates?
Just press r on the Plate.
Duh.
Let's pretend I know very few things about stuff.
  1. So I want to make a Mixed Metal Ingot.
  2. What do I do?
  3. I search for it in NEI.
  4. I press R on Mixed Metal Ingot.
  5. Oh, apparently I need Plates!
  6. How do I get these?
  7. I press R on the refined Iron Plate.
  8. Ok, so I need to put Refined Iron in a Plate Bending Machine.
  9. And I need 1000 EU at 20 EU/t.
  10. But how do I make a Plate Bending Machine?
  11. I search in NEI.
  12. I find out the recipe for the Plate Bending Machine, plop it down, supply it with LV, and put in the Refined Iron like it told me to.
  13. Poof.
  14. I have the Refined Iron Plate!
It's that easy.
As long as you know how to press R, then everything will be fine.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Why would anyone need to Google how to make plates?
Just press r on the Plate.
Duh.
Let's pretend I know very few things about stuff.
  1. So I want to make a Mixed Metal Ingot.
  2. What do I do?
  3. I search for it in NEI.
  4. I press R on Mixed Metal Ingot.
  5. Oh, apparently I need Plates!
  6. How do I get these?
  7. I press R on the refined Iron Plate.
  8. Ok, so I need to put Refined Iron in a Plate Bending Machine.
  9. And I need 1000 EU at 20 EU/t.
  10. But how do I make a Plate Bending Machine?
  11. I search in NEI.
  12. I find out the recipe for the Plate Bending Machine, plop it down, supply it with LV, and put in the Refined Iron like it told me to.
  13. Poof.
  14. I have the Refined Iron Plate!
It's that easy.

As long as you know how to press R, then everything will be fine.

1. That didn't answer the question.
2. In NEI it only shows how to make Mixed Metal Ingots out of ingots, it has 22 pages of it, but only ingots.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
1. That didn't answer the question.
2. In NEI it only shows how to make Mixed Metal Ingots out of ingots, it has 22 pages of it, but only ingots.
That's because you have an older version.
You are playing on 1.0.2.
In 1.5.2, you absolutely have to make your Mixed Metal Ingots out of Plates.
So those instructions work where they are relevant, which obviously isn't what you are playing.
In this server where apparently it is relevant, these instructions would work perfectly,

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Well that was kind of a joke, Buttttttttttt
If you just type in plate bender ftb, Or actual terms, THEN it gives you a wiki link, And why would it matter pray tell where OUR wiki is?, I was never mad, I'm just saying if somone wants to find out what a plate bending machine is, It isn't really hard at all, NEI will tell you how for gods sake as soon as you go for a recipe that needs plating
(For some reason i cna't log onto the wiki to post articles, Nobody's gotten back to my on that by the way, i do write a bunch of IC2 an' GT articles)
ZNcnf4m.png

Apexgamer97

Jul 29, 2019
I'll agree with you that it is really a very simple machine,it took me 5 mins to learn it and i knew nothing about gregtech, but if there is one thing my time on minecraft has taught me it's that people do some very stupid things, and so i made a video for the less outgoing of the people who dont use the wiki, i get people constantly who mess up things far more than i thought possible..
For example, Towny
Towny has a lovely, full Wiki, And the amount of towny questions we get is ridiculous.
The video so far has gotten 250 views, for one of my first 5 videos i think that is fairly good, and also one of the videos in which i still have the crappy mic.
Sorry if i am not allowed to help people.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I'll agree with you that it is really a very simple machine,it took me 5 mins to learn it and i knew nothing about gregtech, but if there is one thing my time on minecraft has taught me it's that people do some very stupid things, and so i made a video for the less outgoing of the people who dont use the wiki, i get people constantly who mess up things far more than i thought possible..
The video so far has gotten 250 views, for one of my first 5 videos i think that is fairly good, and also one of the videos in which i still have the crappy mic.
Sorry if i am not allowed to help people.
Remember that the wiki is not needed thanks to NEI.
It's all thanks to the wonderful R key.
It's very hard not to understand Greg's simple explanations.

Apexgamer97

Jul 29, 2019
I understand that, and NEI is undoubtedly very nice, I once had a guy who pressed o accidently and of course it closed his NEI, he then proceeded to re-install his Mindcrack as he thought it was broken,
Sometimes people need some help.

Reactions: whizzball1

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I understand that, and NEI is undoubtedly very nice, I once had a guy who pressed o accidently and of course it closed his NEI, he then proceeded to re-install his Mindcrack as he thought it was broken,
Sometimes people need some help.
That's why I said
"If you don't know how to use R?
I'll let you finish that sentence."

Apexgamer97

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't need anyone's approval on a silly video i made to help people who needed it
So far i think it's fairly successful
Don't like it?
Good, Don't watch it
Well these responses are a little silly then aren't they, If it helped you, that's all that matters.
If it didn't, well then go do the bigger and better things i am sure you are capable of.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Whizzball, this is probably the second time I have had to say this on the thread, think about others. Some people aren't ready for the 1.5 packs, they might still be working on a world (like me), or waiting for mods to update (like me). 1.4.7 packs are still relevant.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
What is the world coming to when people have to have a guide on how to use a machine that does nothing other than bends plates... A more useful guide would be on a fusion reactor or something.

Incidentally, does anyone else find it funny how Steve can weave carbon-fibres with his bare hands, but needs a machine to bend a plate?

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
What is the world coming to when people have to have a guide on how to use a machine that does nothing other than bends plates... A more useful guide would be on a fusion reactor or something.

Incidentally, does anyone else find it funny how Steve can weave carbon-fibres with his bare hands, but needs a machine to bend a plate?
Well, I've seen a video on the new Fusion Reactor once. You have to use injectors to both power it and to get the cells/fluid in for fusion, but other then that, it's not too hard(for me, anyway, but I digress). I do agree that a GOOD guide to the new Fusion Reactor mechanics would be nice. Hopefully not just in a video, since video's go slower for me then reading. But then again, I read pretty damn fast. Videos take longer to load and people rarely seem to understand how to run the machine correctly when they decide to record videos it seems.
Unless of course it's a normal GT machine. They are very straight forward, such as the Plate Bending machine. Insert ingot, get out plate.

Also that's a good point about the carbon fibers.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
nah. his ability to carry few hundreds of cubic meters of gold, but inability to compress few ingots is more funny IMO.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Whizzball, this is probably the second time I have had to say this on the thread, think about others. Some people aren't ready for the 1.5 packs, they might still be working on a world (like me), or waiting for mods to update (like me). 1.4.7 packs are still relevant.
No, I mean that because they are in 1.4.7, they won't ever actually need to know how to use a Plate Bending Machine unless you heavily change the configs.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
No, I mean that because they are in 1.4.7, they won't ever actually need to know how to use a Plate Bending Machine unless you heavily change the configs.

Except when you update? I'm a little confused, are Plate Bending Machines in 1.4 FTB or not?