Plate bending machines :how to

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Apexgamer97

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a basic video on how to use the new plate bending machines, I apologize for the mic quality, i am getting a brand new mic later today.
Please leave some feedback :p

Reactions: whizzball1

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
What mod adds plate bending machines? Also, do they require energy? Your mic quality isn't that bad. Nice video, it would just be nice if you gave a little more information.

Apexgamer97

Jul 29, 2019
What mod adds plate bending machines? Also, do they require energy? Your mic quality isn't that bad. Nice video, it would just be nice if you gave a little more information.
First off, thank you very much for the feedback, I don't know how i can improve if nobody tells me what is wrong with it! I will attempt to make future videos more complete in information, I did add the annotation saying they require LV energy
Thanks for the feedback.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Don't you just stick the ingot in the machine, supply with (kindly specified by Greg) LV power, and wait?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
First off, thank you very much for the feedback, I don't know how i can improve if nobody tells me what is wrong with it! I will attempt to make future videos more complete in information, I did add the annotation saying they require LV energy
Thanks for the feedback.
You should start making more videos, definitely. I enjoyed listening to your (short) but helpful video. Very relaxing and easy to listen to voice. If you do, make sure to start a thread in the YouTube Advertising section.

Philo

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the video.
That machine is certainly not self-explaining. I came across it right after the update, built it, and then decided almost immediately I could very well do without spending most of my Iridium on an Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panel, hence never used the bending machine in the end.

Just one little note: "MJ" does not stand for 'Megajoules', but for "Minecraft Joules" ;)

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Wait what? The bender has been about for ages, Just stick an ingor in adn get a plate, It takes LV power, It's been here for ages

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
long enough that people shouldn't just now be posting about it, I mean i wanted to know what it was and i found out pretty quick

Well I just found out about this machine. Remember that just because you know about something, other people might not. I am very thankful for this post, as I have been making so many advanced alloys lately.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
long enough that people shouldn't just now be posting about it, I mean i wanted to know what it was and i found out pretty quick

Oh I'm sorry. I forgot everyone has been playing modded minecraft at least 3 months. My bad. I also forgot that throughout the progression through 2.90 this machine and its role in GT progression changed rapidly, going from a curiosity to a necessity.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Oh i forgot the wiki ceased to exist, My bad

I forgot that everyone reads it or knows to. I also forgot how Tekkit's super-outdated wiki does NOT have about about 8x better SEO than the FTB wiki, soit NEVER comes up much more often in google searches. So I assure you, it is my bad to be had.

After all, everyone reads the manual. And every new player knows where the wiki is because it's super well-placed on http://feed-the-beast.com/

We should be very condescending to well-posed questions about complex mods. After all, it is THEIR FAULT for adding Gregtech to the pack, they should have know what they were getting into. We should not gently remind them that the general board is probably the wrong place, and help a newbie out.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Chrissy, think about others, new comers, people who haven't delved into a certain mod very much yet, and people who don't read the wiki often enough. KirinDave, I completely agree with you.

Apexgamer97

Jul 29, 2019
Well Chrissy, i am Senior admin on The server and so i don't play legit often as i am often busy monitoring things and dealing with people, I honestly don't know too much about Greg-tech, All i knew was after we updated to the most recent update tons of people didn't know how to us a plate bending machine,(I thought it was a new machine) i consulted the wiki and found it to be fairly vague, i also searched for tutorials on how to use a plate bending machine, and still found little to nothing.
I am currently attempting to make my place in the YouTube world and i saw the lack of info on this machine to be an opportunity to help people.
So someone cant make a video on somthing thats been out for a few months? oh, Everyone stop making Minecraft videos!, and skyrim.. and happy wheels... and any topic ever after 3 months
Keep on trolling i suppose.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
(Long condescending rant)
I forgot that everyone reads it or knows to. I also forgot how Tekkit's super-outdated wiki does NOT have about about 8x better SEO than the FTB wiki, soit NEVER comes up much more often in google searches. So I assure you, it is my bad to be had.

After all, everyone reads the manual. And every new player knows where the wiki is because it's super well-placed on http://feed-the-beast.com/

We should be very condescending to well-posed questions about complex mods. After all, it is THEIR FAULT for adding Gregtech to the pack, they should have know what they were getting into. We should not gently remind them that the general board is probably the wrong place, and help a newbie out.

Look i'd be more willing to see your point of veiw if you weren't condescending with your initial response >_>

And for gods sake who cant use the wiki, I could use NEI, I could go as far as googling

"What the fuck is a bending machine" And get information on what it does (No seriously, Look)
G2yWrcP.png

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Well Chrissy, i am Senior admin on The server and so i don't play legit often as i am often busy monitoring things and dealing with people, I honestly don't know too much about Greg-tech, All i knew was after we updated to the most recent update tons of people didn't know how to us a plate bending machine,(I thought it was a new machine) i consulted the wiki and found it to be fairly vague, i also searched for tutorials on how to use a plate bending machine, and still found little to nothing.
I am currently attempting to make my place in the YouTube world and i saw the lack of info on this machine to be an opportunity to help people.
So someone cant make a video on somthing thats been out for a few months? oh, Everyone stop making Minecraft videos!, and skyrim.. and happy wheels... and any topic ever after 3 months
Keep on trolling i suppose.
The thing is, the moment anyone wants to make something with plates and asks NEI, how, they immediately get directed to the Plate Bending Machine.
And guess what?
The recipe shows them how much EU is needed and the power input per tick.
The description of the block itself also displays the Power Input per tick.
Your players could find it all out themselves very easy just by pressing R.
If they can't do this?
I'll let you finish that sentence.