Placeholder Mods

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Simple solution:

1) Download pack
2) Click the "Installed Mods" tab
3) Disable the undesired Mod
4) ????
5) Profit

I do this with every pack I play to get rid of mods I will never use, like "Biomes O' Plenty" which destroys my performance.

I also add a couple of mods which are almost never included... "Craftable Horse Armour & Saddle" and "Ultimate Unicorn". I'd rather make a saddle than search loot chests or fish for one, and the mythical mounts actually attacking some hostile mobs is cool too. To me, flying because I'm riding a Pegasus is more organic than any backpack, and I can equip a chest on it like it was a vanilla mule for storage. I can also crossbreed to get all the different characteristics in one mount.

But these are my tastes and I will not try to make them standard fare for anyone else.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Simple solution:

1) Download pack
2) Click the "Installed Mods" tab
3) Disable the undesired Mod
4) ????
5) Profit

I do this with every pack I play to get rid of mods I will never use, like "Biomes O' Plenty" which destroys my performance.

I also add a couple of mods which are almost never included... "Craftable Horse Armour & Saddle" and "Ultimate Unicorn". I'd rather make a saddle than search loot chests or fish for one, and the mythical mounts actually attacking some hostile mobs is cool too. To me, flying because I'm riding a Pegasus is more organic than any backpack, and I can equip a chest on it like it was a vanilla mule for storage. I can also crossbreed to get all the different characteristics in one mount.

But these are my tastes and I will not try to make them standard fare for anyone else.
The problem with doing that is, I don't do many Kitchen Sink Packs. Let's say I add RS to AoE. It would completely break the progression.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Agreed, the walrus is cool but all is does is tank fps, if you have a dozen or so

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
The major advantage of AE over RS is hideability. Its hard to hide an RS system's wires and such. AE has facades. And those awesome Ender IO me conduits.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
well then what's the point of playing mod packs if you can't use mods together?
You can. But AE has that feature built in.
@Drbretto Remember we discussed this with Extra Utils 2's angel block. I said you could always use a magnet from another mod to solve the problem and you said what I just said.

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
You can. But AE has that feature built in.
@Drbretto Remember we discussed this with Extra Utils 2's angel block. I said you could always use a magnet from another mod to solve the problem and you said what I just said.
alright, i'll admit the lack of any kind of façade is strange, but as Captain gloval pointed out, Chisles and bits works really well and is in basically every pack. also, you have yet to acknowledge Applied Lammagistics

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
alright, i'll admit the lack of any kind of façade is strange, but as Captain gloval pointed out, Chisles and bits works really well and is in basically every pack. also, you have yet to acknowledge Applied Lammagistics
If you haven't seen by my other posts. Im doing AoE and Beyond. 1.10.2 packs. I have not even played in modded 1.11.2 yet.

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
If you haven't seen by my other posts. Im doing AoE and Beyond. 1.10.2 packs. I have not even played in modded 1.11.2 yet.
the point still stands, you claim that RS should be replaced by AE2, but AL is literally just AE2, but with fluid storage