PhoenixConfig - Modular Configs for 1.7.10

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Kinda like a "Hey this script works. Don't bug us about it!"
It's also proper Style in C++ to have a return 0 command at the end of the main method for similar reasons.

This project looks really cool! I've just made a pull request (I think) to add a minor script that allows the "mortar and pestle" from Pam's Harvestcraft to be interchangeable with the "pestle and mortar" from Botania. It's only 28 lines but I was irritated that they weren't interchangeable so I fixed it. :) If the styling or something should be changed just let me know and I can fix it up.
I'd love to take a look at it.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
It's also proper Style in C++ to have a return 0 command at the end of the main method for similar reasons.

I'd love to take a look at it.
He forked the old repo to add it. I may just copy it over for him real quick.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Love gregtech machines, but hate the changes to the vanilla recipes? This is the script for you!
https://github.com/PhoenixTeamMC/PhoenixConfig/blob/master/PhoenixTeam/De-gregging vanilla
This script reverts all vanilla items back to their original recipe. I have used the ore dictionary to ensure that if you are playing with the Gregtech ore changes that you will still be able to use these recipes (as I don't know if the GT ores give a different ingot)
Also, if you see this message:
ignore it, it is an error to do with you being able to use any oreDict as an input. However, it works just fine.

Last edited:

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I am planning on making a botania-centric pack eventually, but what I'm doing now is just a config. I don't like magical crops because it's too dang easy. Set up an automatic farm with essence seeds, you'll be able to make whatever you want very quickly. The object is to make the player get far into botania. Seeds that grow resources are really powerful. Have you seen a setup farming oreberries? 9 bushes gives you more than you'll ever need, and magical crops is so much faster. That's the issue with plant-based resource generation. It's plant and forget. You can make a 9x9 automated essence crop farm and just get ridiculous amounts of essence. At that point, an automatic crafter is all you need to get high-level seeds. Using botania, you actually have to work to get seeds. Low-level seeds are still rather easy to get, you can use an early-game daybloom system just fine, but high-level stuff requires more advanced mana generation. It sure beats magical crops' own sorry excuse for a progression system.

And what you said about starting a new mod to advance? I don't quite get it. Magical crops has always been an optional sort of thing. You can spend the entire game not doing a single thing with magical crops. It won't hinder your growth at all, or limit what you can do. The only thing magical crops does is supply powerful equipment and resource generation. That's it. I won't be expanding a mekanism base and realise that oh darn, I need magical crops to make this machine. Better get botania started! These configs supply a more balanced progression, while still keeping magical crops completely optional. Oh, and I'm gonna make an enchiridion book if I figure out how.
how is this going BTW, I really like this idea and would love to play with it

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I just wanted to thank you guys for all the hard work. The scripts have really helped me learn how to do minetweaker. Normal crafting table recipes are all well and good but I had to look elsewhere for information on adding recipes to other things like the TE magma crucible. Im currently working on a set of scripts to implement what I think is a grand idea. Its a slightly gregified integration between TE and Tinker's... It all starts with copper, tin and iron gears which are crafted by pouring molten metal on a basic gear and each one can be upgraded four times so it would be something like copper to lead to invar to enderium, or iron to gold to electrum to lumium. The ultimate tier gears can only be crafted with the Magma Crucible/fluid transposer, which I plan to change into a much later game item but once you have it, making gears is much easier. And then I plan to change recipes from other mods like EnderIO and MFR to require TE gears.

I have lots of other ideas in mind, the main goal is to create a need to set up complicated automated production lines and more varied activities when it comes to crafting things.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I just wanted to thank you guys for all the hard work. The scripts have really helped me learn how to do minetweaker. Normal crafting table recipes are all well and good but I had to look elsewhere for information on adding recipes to other things like the TE magma crucible. Im currently working on a set of scripts to implement what I think is a grand idea. Its a slightly gregified integration between TE and Tinker's... It all starts with copper, tin and iron gears which are crafted by pouring molten metal on a basic gear and each one can be upgraded four times so it would be something like copper to lead to invar to enderium, or iron to gold to electrum to lumium. The ultimate tier gears can only be crafted with the Magma Crucible/fluid transposer, which I plan to change into a much later game item but once you have it, making gears is much easier. And then I plan to change recipes from other mods like EnderIO and MFR to require TE gears.

I have lots of other ideas in mind, the main goal is to create a need to set up complicated automated production lines and more varied activities when it comes to crafting things.
Awesome, this was always meant to be more of a community driven project so it is always great to see contributions

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I really need to dig through these and learn this stuff. I has ideas.

I learned everything I need to know from this series of videos:

Just download the example scripts from the description. Its all pretty self explanatory and once you figure it out it is mostly a matter of copy pasting. Phoenix Configs' minetweaker.lib helps a ton with that.

Even though the Modtweaker wiki says Thermal Expansion is not yet supported, it actually is.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Sorry for the slight necro. But is this thing dead? Because it was really usefull :eek:

I don't think it's officially dead, people have just been occupied with various other projects. I could be wrong though, so I'd wait for someone who knows what they're talking about like @Gideonseymour to confirm. :p