Phoenix Team - One Year Anniversary Party! - AUA (Q&A)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Question: More updates to Phoenix Reborn.
(The pack is deceptively good. Seriously people, do it.)
So.. what are you waiting for? I don't see you downloading it. Do it.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed @Lumaceon left the team and (apparently recently) rejoined. What made you leave and what made you come back?

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
OK, real questions.

* What has been the best design decision in any of your packs?
* What has been the worst design decision in any of your packs?

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
OK, real questions.

* What has been the best design decision in any of your packs?
* What has been the worst design decision in any of your packs?
Personally... Best design idea was probably to always keep uniqueness as a high priority, @Gideonseymour himself is a huge defender of that. Worst idea... None, really -- probably abandoning project ideas, we do that quite often, which is something we're aiming to fix; otherwise, though, I really can't think of anything that significant, maybe the dev team will be able to provide a better answer to that one.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Personally... Best design idea was probably to always keep uniqueness as a high priority, @Gideonseymour himself is a huge defender of that. Worst idea... None, really -- probably abandoning project ideas, we do that quite often, which is something we're aiming to fix; otherwise, though, I really can't think of anything that significant, maybe the dev team will be able to provide a better answer to that one.
I think it's not really abandoning it, but more everybody puts it as a lower priority than everything else.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I find the design decisions based around Pathfinder to be the most interesting. I wasn't involved in the slightest except as a spectator, so it was interesting as an outsider to see things like "let's give the player a creative dimension builder so they can really tinker with this mod properly." We don't see that a lot in modpacks yet, giving away creative toys as an important pack design. I won't be surprised if this sort of thing becomes more common in modpacks.

@Tepig4321: I'd frame questions like that as "Do you have any plans for modpacks revolving around (modX) that you'd feel like revealing?", they might (or might not) garner better responses :)

Reactions: EchoingZen