PETA MC server being created

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
1. I actually agree with @midi_sec, something I though I would never say! A lot of animal rescue places will euthanise an animal instead of trying to help it. I unerstand that there are time and money constraints but when much smaller organisations manage to survive with not euthanising then that makes me skeptical.

2. Humans are omnivorous with a distinct preference for meat due to our hunting traits. It can vary from person to person but eating solely fruits and vegetables is not healthier than eating meat with them.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, at least there's something we see eye to eye on. ;)
Yeah pretty much, my current cat nearly got euthanised at the RSPCA. Thankfully the owner of the shelter I ended up going to took over for a bunch of cats with "behaviour problems" from them. These are cats that were rescued from being abused by the way. :mad:

Kronoak

Jul 29, 2019
not good idea, i like killing the ender dragon, makes me feel accomplished. i like enchanting books, makes it so enchants aren't useless on your diamond gear. if peta wants a server worth playing on, make shears take leather off cows, and have monsters like the ender dragon and things in the nether be killlable.

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
I actually think it's quite nice, despite all the hate going on. Sometimes I just feel people know the meat industry is bad and know eating meat is ultimatelly a bad thing, but since they like it, they dump all the anger on vegetarians.

Back when I started playing minecraft (that was like, four years ago, in alpha days) I actually avoided killing passive animals, just because I could. It's not about mistaking a video game for real life, It's about what people want from a game, just like some people wouldnt want to be a protagonist serial-killer, others dont want to be an animal torturer, not even if it's "just a video game".

Today I dont mind killing passives, btw. I just dont make slaughterhouses >_> ... MFR

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I actually think it's quite nice, despite all the hate going on. Sometimes I just feel people know the meat industry is bad and know eating meat is ultimatelly a bad thing, but since they like it, they dump all the anger on vegetarians.
Again, humans mainly get most of their nutrients off of meat, solely eating one food group is very unnatural. It is quite ridiculous to call eating meat a bad thing and I see no possible moral argument that can be made against it.

Reactions: Strikingwolf

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
u wot m8
v this is how it actually works
Again, humans mainly get most of their nutrients off of meat, solely eating one food group is very unnatural. It is quite ridiculous to call eating meat a bad thing and I see no possible moral argument that can be made against it.

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
Again, humans mainly get most of their nutrients off of meat[...]
I'm sorry, this is not a scientific fact in any shape or form. Any minimal amount of actual research proves so.

[...]solely eating one food group is very unnatural.
Vegetarianism isn't about eating solely one, it's about excluding one. Not even veganism is about a single food group, you're excluding two in that case. Even so, you're left with at least 4 more groups (depending on how you like to classify food).
Also, it's not unnatural. Many animals have strictly herbivore or carnivore diets. You know that even cows can eat pocessed enough meat, right? Despite being herbivores.

It is quite ridiculous to call eating meat a bad thing and I see no possible moral argument that can be made against it.
Then you've probably made quite an effort to "see no possible moral argument". I've made it very clear that eating meat is a bad thing because of the meat industry. I'm all for eating meat if you want to rely on your flesh-tearing teeth and incredibly sharp claws for getting it in natura. I'd much rather stick to eating things that don't want to desperately run from me in the meanwhile. So the moral argument is mass meat production methods. I'm sure you can google "slaughterhouse" or any related word if you haven't got any idea of what I'm talking about.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry, this is not a scientific fact in any shape or form. Any minimal amount of actual research proves so.
http://www.businessinsider.com/reasons-to-eat-meat-2013-9
http://www.livescience.com/24875-meat-human-brain.html
http://authoritynutrition.com/5-brain-nutrients-in-meat-fish-eggs/
I am sorry, but I didn't want to do a lot of research to get .edu(s) or something
Oh wait a .org
Vegetarianism isn't about eating solely one, it's about excluding one. Not even veganism is about a single food group, you're excluding two in that case. Even so, you're left with at least 4 more groups (depending on how you like to classify food).
Also, it's not unnatural. Many animals have strictly herbivore or carnivore diets. You know that even cows can eat pocessed enough meat, right? Despite being herbivores.
Does not change the fact that it is completely unnatural
Then you've probably made quite an effort to "see no possible moral argument". I've made it very clear that eating meat is a bad thing because of the meat industry. I'm all for eating meat if you want to rely on your flesh-tearing teeth and incredibly sharp claws for getting it in natura. I'd much rather stick to eating things that don't want to desperately run from me in the meanwhile. So the moral argument is mass meat production methods. I'm sure you can google "slaughterhouse" or any related word if you haven't got any idea of what I'm talking about.
There is no other way to produce enough meat for the modern world to function. If we are to have a world where white-collar work and modern society is a thing. We need to have a way to mass-produce food so that not everyone has to farm

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
u wot m8?

Not all humans eat a diet mainly consisting of meat. This is just mainly a 1st world thing. Here's some numbers. There are some stand out 1st world countries in the group; Japan, Norway, South Korea, and many others eat far less meat than we do in the states. Not all countries are like us bruh, and it's a good thing. It's not that these countries on the list don't want to eat meat. They would eat more if they could produce more. A diet with a high quantity of meat is seen by a lot of cultures as a sign of wealth.

It's not that eating meat is morally wrong, it's that the production of meat is morally wrong because of the resources it consumes. Is it really fair that a small percentage of the world can eat a diet with a lot of meat protein in it, while the rest of the world deals with the fallout? I'm talking about climate change, global warming, etc. Methane gas from meat production is far more harmful than CO2.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, I feel fine eating meat that comes from slaughterhouses. I have toured them and while I do find it disgusting, we do need them in order to sustain our population.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Not all humans eat a diet mainly consisting of meat. This is just mainly a 1st world thing. Here's some numbers. There are some stand out 1st world countries in the group; Japan, Norway, South Korea, and many others eat far less meat than we do in the states. Not all countries are like us bruh, and it's a good thing. It's not that these countries on the list don't want to eat meat. They would eat more if they could produce more. A diet with a high quantity of meat is seen by a lot of cultures as a sign of wealth.
Not sure what you are trying to argue here.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
u wot m8?

It's not that eating meat is morally wrong, it's that the production of meat is morally wrong because of the resources it consumes. Is it really fair that a small percentage of the world can eat a diet with a lot of meat protein in it, while the rest of the world deals with the fallout? I'm talking about climate change, global warming, etc. Methane gas from meat production is far more harmful than CO2.
I do agree that we should lessen the amount of meat in our diet. I do not agree that we should exclude meat entirely from our diet. I think that we should eat ~15% meat...that is the average for South America

Reactions: midi_sec

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I do agree that we should lessen the amount of meat in our diet. I do not agree that we should exclude meat entirely from our diet. I think that we should eat ~15% meat...that is the average for South America
I agree with that as well. I'm not vegetarian or vegan, but I do pay attention to what I eat and how sustainable it is.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
I kinda wanna go on the server and make a mob grinder. Also if they wanted to do this right they should have just put Peacefulpack, Pams Harvestcraft and made it so the mobs didn't have a hitbox instead of making them invulnerable. Because honestly if they are invulnerable I intend to make a mob torture machine.

Reactions: rdemay91 and Chaka