PETA MC server being created

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I won't make any social commentary other than to say, I DO hope they realize it's just a video game. :rolleyes: Just play in peaceful mode like I often do?

Reactions: Chaka

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Their problem is with the passive mobs being murdered. :p

Yep, so in other words, they're acting as if this is real life instead of a video game. Why am I not surprised?

The reason I play Minecraft in the first place is because it is a non-violent game, and it is difficult to find good games that aren't violence-based at their core. I play this game because it emphasizes creativity over destructability. But leave it to the overzealous to try and barge in and make it seem like we have a violent, unethical and immoral thing on our hands. What else is new? I said I wouldn't comment, but I guess I just did. LOL Peace and love!

Edit: I think I'm over-reacting now, because it appears all PETA wants to do is make their own server where peaceful animals can't be harmed... and who could argue with that? I love all animals. Vegetarians, unite! :D

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
They'll be using plugins to make animals near invincible.

So I can keep punching a cow, and it'll never be granted the sweet mercy of death?

Jokes aside- I'm assuming this isn't a server to actually play minecraft on, rather an opportunity to gawk at some pretty builds and hang out with PETA and other supporters.
Its an interesting move, but as long as it isn't funded by the public's donations its really no different to any other dedicated server. [or even regular servers with their own anti-griefing plugins to control player behaviour]
And if it raises a bunch of additional donations then even better; you might see other charity-minecraft featurettes in the near future.
At a basic level it is just a game- no different to Angry Birds, or Pokemon.
But its also a creative platform that allows PETA [or anyone] to connect with a fresh/younger audience and raise awareness for [XXX].​

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
At a basic level it is just a game- no different to Angry Birds, or Pokemon.
But its also a creative platform that allows PETA [or anyone] to connect with a fresh/younger audience and raise awareness for [XXX].​

Agreed. I think this line of thinking also explains why Microsoft would insist it is a gaming company, and pay billions for Mojang. We consider it a game, but it is most definitely a platform that can be utilized in many ways.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
lolz lets create a server to display meat grinders, slaughter houses, and 1000s of cows and chickens all in tiny spaces. :p Really.... People take this way to seriously. :D Also vegetarians disgust me, steak is the best food on the planet hands down. XD

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
First Pokemon. Now minecraft. PETA are trying to make me feel bad for playing my favourite games...
Oh wait. I just noticed. I don't care what they think :)

Anyone who tries to make their voice heard annoys me (politicians, religious groups, vegans, etc.) if you have a thought that a lot of people either don't care about or is pure BS then keep your mouth shut. That's how it should be. Yes, abusing animals is bad. But killing them for food IS BLOODY NATURE! We are designed to eat meat, and the game accurately represents that. It doesn't force you to kill the animals inhumanly, so I don't see what their issue is -_-

I may just go on the server and lock as many animals as I can in a 1x1 pit, just as a massive middle finger to them.

Just as a note. I have nothing wrong with people's opinions. Just some people need to keep them to themselves. And when it is something like stopping cruelty to animals, then they could spend their time and money doing better things, like education programs in school, not making a server on a game.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe to let them know that they should stop doing things like protesting games and actually try and pick on things like animal testing. They are idiots.

Whenever really. :D

I agree. Animal abuse is a sickening thing. Im all for the destruction of puppy mills and the like, but when taken this far this organization needs to told to back off. Plus Minecraft portrays livestock in a friendly way and killing them is not violent what so ever.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I agree. Animal abuse is a sickening thing. Im all for the destruction of puppy mills and the like, but when taken this far this organization needs to told to back off. Plus Minecraft portrays livestock in a friendly way and killing them is not violent what so ever.
Ironically I think the mobs that get treated the worst are the most humanoid, think about it, most damage on servers are either afflicted on Players or Villagers. :D

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Ironically I think the mobs that get treated the worst are the most humanoid, think about it, most damage on servers are either afflicted on Players or Villagers. :D
Really we need a human rights group to come in and stop all the pvp... Though if Peta is an evolutionist organization maybe killing cows and players are in the same vein.... :p