Parahumans RP OOC and signup

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I personally thought it was convoluted as hell.

Then again, I'm Brazilian, what do I know about English literature.

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
Will we get the powers depending on the characters in any way? For example: a thief gets invisibility.

Nice thing i noticed in a RP: when doing important actions that can change the course of the game it's better to say "attempts to...", so the GM candecide wether you succeeded or not.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
The post I just did was a monster. I feel bad for making it that long and almost thought I would hit the 10,000 character limit. That was so convoluted it hurt.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
What hurt was the ridiculous invention. The hell have I been saying this entire time. This is modern day! For christ's sake, jsut rewrite the post.

Also, G is now my co-GM :D

Reactions: Qazplm601

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
What hurt was the ridiculous invention. The hell have I been saying this entire time. This is modern day! For christ's sake, jsut rewrite the post.
And you expect anything ever about the structure of a laboratory to be actually accurate to the real-life thing?

Also, you're complaining about realism while A: this is a superhero RP and B: I actually kept that well within the realm of possibility based on modern science.

If you want me to rewrite it that bad I will, I'm just saying, I'd rather not have a wall of text I just spent the last half an hour on become worthless.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
And you expect anything ever about the structure of a laboratory to be actually accurate to the real-life thing?

Also, you're complaining about realism while A: this is a superhero RP and B: I actually kept that well within the realm of possibility based on modern science.

If you want me to rewrite it that bad I will, I'm just saying, I'd rather not have a wall of text I just spent the last half an hour on become worthless.
Just get rid of the BS invention. No future-tech. This RP is meant to be entirely realistic except for the superpowers.

Reactions: Qazplm601

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying not to look like a dictator or something, but, dude, it's not about realism, it's about verissimilitude. It has to seem real, to be something that seems likely to happen in the universe (think MCU). Not to actually be. Besides, that robot looks like the greatest nightmare of all to code. I hardly think anyone could've done it without a gigantic research team and five years.

To quote this xkcd comic: http://xkcd.com/1425/

"When a user takes a photo, the app should see if they're in a national park..."
"Sure, easy GIS lookup. Give me a few hours."
"...and check wheter the photo is of a bird."
"I'll need a research team and five hours."

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
Just get rid of the BS invention. No future-tech. This RP is meant to be entirely realistic except for the superpowers.
Alright then. Re-write time!

Re-write time is both my favorite and least favorite thing, because I love to write stuff, and I don't usually like trashing things.

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
Just noticed...
Ninsteth: "Extra: PLEASE HELP I'M BEING FORCED TO REDO MY CHARACTER"

My reaction: duuuuhh!!!!