Parahumans RP OOC and signup

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is not in detecting the species of the bird but rather in the detection of the bird. First, you have to find a way to detect stuff on the image. Then you gotta specify what, exactly, is a bird. And you gotta make sure it accidentally doesn't detect something like eyebrows as a bird.

It's overly complex for such a simple function to us. And that's basically why robots like that just wouldn't work.

And yes, I'm a complete smartass.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is not in detecting the species of the bird but rather in the detection of the bird. First, you have to find a way to detect stuff on the image. Then you gotta specify what, exactly, is a bird. And you gotta make sure it accidentally doesn't detect something like eyebrows as a bird.

It's overly complex for such a simple function to us. And that's basically why robots like that just wouldn't work.

And yes, I'm a complete smartass.
Hehe

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I accidentally used a char. name in my post :p
|The Dojo|

Glade arrives at the dojo and people can see that something is wrong with her. Nevertheless she starts teaching the students. Each student has their own personality and fighting style. Gabe is slow but powerful, like a hippo. Joshua is fast and arguably the best fighter of them all, but he is very easily goaded into a fight, very similar to herself. Then there is Sarah; she is the calmest of them all, and she is a great fighter. However, Sarah will never be willing to do what Glade had done 3 years ago. Some would say that is a good thing, but according to Glade it is not. Because she does not regret that day, she did what she thought was necessary. And isn't that all we can possibly do...
[Sarah]
[Sarah’s apartment]

The alarm went off, Sarah groaning as she got out of bed. She quickly grabbed a coffee, cheaper then the stuff from the place she worked, even if it tasted like filth, and got dressed before making her way to work. After last nights run she had managed to get a few trinkets and watches, but little of actual value, and selling them to her fence just added more hassle to the whole proceeding, even if it did make her almost double he money she made working as a barista at one of the higher class cafés. While she could of reaped even greater rewards taking from the customers here, she didn't want to draw attention to herself, as getting arrested would Really ruin her day. If she stayed away from where she worked on her little money-making trips, she should be able to continue to reap the rewards.

[Coffee shop]

Sarah scowled as she made her way in through the back entrance and grabbed a green apron of one of the hooks on the back of the door. Barely acknowledging her co-workers she went out to the counter and grudgingly started to sever customers.
Maybe these people are one in the same?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, how, exactly, do we meet eachother? I mean, some are finding their ways but I just can't seem to figure out where, exactly, would Simon fit.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, how, exactly, do we meet eachother? I mean, some are finding their ways but I just can't seem to figure out where, exactly, would Simon fit.
We'll meet up eventually, I imagine. Like, Sarah works at the coffee shop, so after somebody's doing their stuff for the day they might go there and end up meeting her. Or, maybe go to the Dojo and meet Glade. You never know.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
But, what if we live in completely different cities?

Also, Strikingwolf, I was surprised at how similar our characters were. Except that your character is fun, and mine is a deadbeat. But still.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Also, Strikingwolf, I was surprised at how similar our characters were. Except that your character is fun, and mine is a deadbeat. But still.
/me meows
I had an old character from a RP server idea for the PhoenixTeam so I basically took that and reworked it into the format for this RP. I really wanted to use that character. If you want I can PM you the char. sheet for the character

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
/me meows
I had an old character from a RP server idea for the PhoenixTeam so I basically took that and reworked it into the format for this RP. I really wanted to use that character. If you want I can PM you the char. sheet for the character
Hmm, well, it's alright. I can imagine. I really hope that the RP gets rolling and our characters meet though.