Parahumans RP OOC and signup

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
[Hospital]
It didn't take me too long to find a shower. I locked myself in and turned the heat up as high as it would go. Stripping off, I stepped into the scalding torrent without flinching. The pain cut through to me, grounded me in this world like few other things could. I thoroughly cleaned myself, washing away the traces of the Thames that clung to my skin and hair. I continued to scrub even after I was clean, as if soap and water could somehow wash away all the filth of those years. I scrubbed and scrubbed until I gave up and collapsed on the floor of the shower.

As the hot water rained down on me, I tried to make sense of what had happened, of what I had been, and of what I was now. It seemed like Lorna Bales could no longer continue to be just another Homicide detective. I may even have to resign, depending on what happens next. The thought saddened me more than expected - the people who worked there had been fantastic for my stability over the past few years, although they had no idea.

I lost track of time sat in the shower - I have no idea how long it had been by the time I dried myself off and headed back to the room. I paused with my hand on the doorknob, wondering whether I should just leave, disappear from Christopher's life. He'd probably miss me for a little while, but he wouldn't overly worry over someone he'd only just met. Nevertheless, something in me makes me turn the handle. Although I learnt long ago not to trust my intuition, he seemed pleasant enough, innocuous. Besides, what could he do to me with a broken leg?

And now I play the waiting game, 'cause there is literally nothing else for me to do.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
Shit, I missed RJS? I both regret and don't regret going to that movie at the exact same time. Welp, may as well make a reaction post.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
IS IT GOOD?
Let me put it this way: I honestly think the hobbit trilogy is better than the original Lord of the Rings. And yes, I sound like satan for saying that.

But to be completely honest, The Hobbit connects to me in a much more real way. Some of the characters are staggeringly accurate portrayals of myself, the developments are interesting... all in all, I'm going to be searching for the song from the credits very soon.

AS FOR RIGHT NOW, IS POST TIEM

EDIT: Post done. Hopefully I don't miss RJS tomorrow.

Last edited:

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Let me put it this way: I honestly think the hobbit trilogy is better than the original Lord of the Rings. And yes, I sound like satan for saying that.

But to be completely honest, The Hobbit connects to me in a much more real way. Some of the characters are staggeringly accurate portrayals of myself, the developments are interesting... all in all, I'm going to be searching for the song from the credits very soon.

AS FOR RIGHT NOW, IS POST TIEM

EDIT: Post done. Hopefully I don't miss RJS tomorrow.

i'm totally not going to comment on how I never watched any LOTR/Hobbit movie
totally

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
The last Hobbit is literally 3 hours of battle. Then again, that part of the book's 20 pages long, and the fight itself is a grand total of two pages because Bilbo trips and passes out.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
The last Hobbit is literally 3 hours of battle.
Pretty much, yeah. But at least it was better than watching the first one and realizing you're tripping on weed when we get a peer into the life of the forest wizard, who is pretty much druggie galore.
i'm totally not going to comment on how I never watched any LOTR/Hobbit movie
totally
Meh, I can live. I'm not as insanely dedicated to it as the rest of my family is.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
Wondering if I should edit my post so me and Thomaz can go back and forth a bit. Mainly, by saying that she got there before Lorna returned from her shower.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea of how that would work... If you could pull it off, that would be nice.
It's probably going to make the timeline look weird as hell, but it's not really that hard to imagine since he left his last post off on him turning the knob.