Parahumans RP OOC and signup

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
Also, was about to post with Esaias meeting Simon to ask him for some bow lessons, but then remembered that Striking and GPuzzle haven't finished their ship yet. I'm not sure whether I should feel uncomfortable saying that or not.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Power Listing ~ Parahumans RP (Upgrade II):

Simon: Slightly limited version of Vector Manipulation combined with extremely upper version of Projectile Enhancement.
Sarah: Portal Interface plus lesser version of Spatial Attacks.
Christopher: Pocket Dimension Creation¹ -- Mastery in Dimensional Storage², combined with a slightly lesser version of Momentum Manipulation³, exclusive to items stored, allowing the user to control the momentum in which they leave it's pocket dimension.
Limitations¹-²-³: The Pocket Dimension's portal is only accessible to user. Inside the it, the user does not acquire any almighty power, differentiating it from Personal Domain. The pocket dimension is a completely empty space, limitless in size. The user is capable of bringing non-organic objects into the dimension. The difference from Dimension Storage being: the Pocket Dimension is not affected by the user's Momentum Manipulation ability. -- User is not capable of store organic items inside it's dimensional storage --- Momentum speed purely defined by user's focus and training, and it's also limited to items stored by him/herself.​
Esaias: Velocity Manipulation¹.
Limitations¹: Purely defined by user's focus and training, theoretically limitless, though acquiring greater results will require an insane amount of skill.​
Tyler: Power Negation -- Limited version of Power Reflection.
Limitations¹: Purely defined by user's focus and training, theoretically limitless, though acquiring greater results will require an insane amount of skill.​
Jason: Technological Manipulation.
Limitations: User is limited to only being able to manipulate mid to high-tech objects.​
Brock: Limited version of Density Manipulation¹ -- Selective Physical Disruption².
Limitations¹-²: Density may not exceed points where object or entity in question starts to majorly affect the gravity around it -- Damage effectiveness is balanced around focus and training of user.​
Lorna: Upper limited version of Energy Construct, combined with an energy version of Weapon Aura.
Limitations: Weapon Aura's damage is entirely based on user's emotions, focus and/or training.​
Daniel: All Mimicries, as long as it physically touches the material it wants to mimicry into for a decent amount of time at least once.
Limitations: Amount of time only dependent on user's focus, a perfect mimicry acquiring process will last somewhere around 50~60 minutes of pure, uninterrupted focus.​
Glade: Volatile Constructs -- Limited version of Explosion Inducement.
Limitations: User does not "generate" bombs out of thin air, per say, the user is capable of making regular objects turn into explosives. The more familiar the user is to a certain object, through means of training, the more effective and bigger the explosion caused by that object will be.​
Jack: Slightly limited version of Gas Manipulation.
Limitations: Purely defined by user's focus and training, though acquiring greater results may require an insane amount of skill.​
►Dennis: Majorly lesser and limited version of Alternate Reality Creation.
Limitations: Realities are limited in size, and require much training and focus to be generated, once created, the reality may not be altered. The user may bring entities into it's own reality, though it's instability may damage or even kill them, instantly. Only one customized reality may exist at once.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Kal.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
So basically, Upgrade 2 is where everything can advance to infinity and beyond? (I tried to find a video quote, but it doesn't exist.)

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
So basically, Upgrade 2 is where everything can advance to infinity and beyond? (I tried to find a video quote, but it doesn't exist.)

Not exactly... It's hard to explain. It's just way harder than it appears, basically.

EDIT: It depends much more on your human side, so the powers will only expand in regards to humanly possible amounts of focus. I'm probably not explaining this correctly. But do you get it?

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
So difficulty increases as power increases? Makes sense.

Pretty much. There would, theoretically, be a tier where all the abilities would have the "mastery" prefix or whatever -- at the point, focus is no longer necessary. You just do it. Though a mastery ability can be limited, so, if I said: "Mastery limited version of Energy Construct", I could specify that the user mastered only the creation of weapons, or whatever.

I like organized systems, alright -- don't judge.

EDIT: FIXED ENGRISH GRAMMERS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nisteth

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much. There would, theoretically, that all the abilities would have the "mastery" prefix or whatever -- at the point, focus is no longer necessary. You just do it. Though the ability might mastery in a limited ability is possible, so, if I said: "Mastery limited version of Energy Construct", I could specify that the user mastered only the creation of weapons, or whatever.
I think you accidentally your english in a few parts there.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I haven't been posting guys I just really don't know what to post besides walking home but that would be like a 1 sentence post

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I should probably define Jack's power better, as nobody seems to understand it, calling bloody air ripples :p

It's essentially the ability to create vacuums. He can either then collapse these to make a cracking sound and a reasonably powerful pull, then a more powerful push, dissipate them to stop the pushing effect, or launch them to push, pull, etc.
He extends this to allow him to fly using a ground effect, meaning that he's better able to fly closer to the ground, and he constantly collapses vacuums on the ground to shove himself upwards, as well as pulling himself upwards with non-collapsing ones. It takes a fair bit of focus for him to do this because he has to time and angle it all correctly, but if done right he can go bloody fast.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
So my brain decided to wake me up at 4:00 AM today, and it's 6:30 now. I spent that entire time waiting for somebody to come online because there's someone sleeping behind me so I can't really make too much noise.

Life.