OP-ness Verification

TheMightyDozen

Jul 29, 2019
Well, all I can say is that when I found out about these, I felt so dirty that I just straight-up deleted my entire FTB directory except for the launcher itself. All I want is verification about the state of these "features", so I can purge myself of this horrible feeling.

1) I think it's almost general knowledge that the Redpower block breaker can break obsidian, but it doesn't quite make sense since it's made from an iron pick. Not just that, this also means that when paired with a lever and a stone pick it turns to a slow infinite-durability diamond pick/shovel/everything. Is this intentional?

2) Traincraft steel in Gregtech machines. I don't even... Ughhhhhh.....

3) Combining the Thaumcraft "Boots of the Traveller" with Redpower microblocks can result in a staircase of stupidly high upward speed. Really??

And lastly...
4) The Thaumcraft infernal furnace along with the added smelting recipes can result in a vis-to-metal conversion that's pretty slow, but nonetheless scary. What do?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
1) I think it's almost general knowledge that the Redpower block breaker can break obsidian, but it doesn't quite make sense since it's made from an iron pick. Not just that, this also means that when paired with a lever and a stone pick it turns to a slow infinite-durability diamond pick/shovel/everything. Is this intentional?

Nope. I think the Block Breaker is just there for nice automation. If you want to remove this, Gregtech has an option in the config file to make Block Breakers more expensive.

Eh, it's just that Traincraft and Gregtech aren't balanced against each other. Traincraft steel was intended for Traincraft, which uses a lot of steel, and Gregtech steel was intended for Gregtech. The only issue is that the Ore Dictionary works a little too well in some situations ...

3) Combining the Thaumcraft "Boots of the Traveller" with Redpower microblocks can result in a staircase of stupidly high upward speed. Really??

I don't think most people care about how fast you can get from one place to another. So ridiculous upward speed doesn't really matter.

4) The Thaumcraft infernal furnace along with the added smelting recipes can result in a vis-to-metal conversion that's pretty slow, but nonetheless scary. What do?

Step 1: Set up an automated ore-duplicating machine that spits out a few Ingots every 5 minutes.

Step 2: Go on a mining trip.

Step 3: Wonder why your base is full of little aggressive sparkly orbs.

;)

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
Currently the only thing I would say is OP is the Gravity Gun due to cheap recipe along with EE3's minium stone. You can get a Gravity Gun before even having a diamond pick if you convert enough wood.

I of course have no problems with this. I think I need more Gravity Gun in my life anyways. Sides, it's most likely a temp. recipe.

neofrost01

Jul 29, 2019
Water so OP, a 2x2 pool lasts forever. Plz nerf.
I can break wood with my fists, fists OP. Plz nerf.
Lazer gun mines through everything, lazer OP. Plz nerf.
1 log turns into 4 planks, logs OP. Plz nerf.
Bedrock too hard, can't mine, bedrock OP. Plz nerf.

LOl
You have right! the sun burns the zombies, sun is OP
I do not want to be rude but this topic is beginning to get tired, we have modes and different ways to play and all are valid, depending on the player may feel that a mod becomes OP by the way they use it.
That's my point of view.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I think NEI's OP, personally.

How is it possible to go into a menu, click a button, and get EVERYTHING?! You can fly, and get every item known to man!
NERF NEI!

In all seriousness, someone please nerf NEI, it gives me everything I've ever needed and more. I've gotten 2,000,000 stacks of UU from it, no sweat!

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Dear sir if you find the mod packs & or some of there items OP I would point you in the direction of vanilla, have a nice day, its seems atm there is some one that must tell every one how aweful or over powered item X is.....new flash we all know.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Well, all I can say is that when I found out about these, I felt so dirty that I just straight-up deleted my entire FTB directory except for the launcher itself. All I want is verification about the state of these "features", so I can purge myself of this horrible feeling.

And lastly...

I just find it amusing that of all the things that could be considered OP, these are the examples you chose.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Thing I always found strange is.. how many real agressive/competitive/pvp servers are out there? Ok. Now compare that number with the number of servers where there is no pvp involved. Now think about that. And when, in the end, something still rings your 'op sense', see your local server admin for a config-medication.

Seriously... op this, op that..

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Go and mine something with it. How much time would you spend for digging 3x1x20 tunnel, for example?

Also, stone pick is made of stone. It is very easy to get stone with the stone pick. Stone pick is OP.

But, I have to say there are some things I don't like and consider them "too easy" or, more likely "there are alternatives that are more fancy and I like them better, so I'll use them even though they are more expensive or not that efficient". Meh.

TheMightyDozen

Jul 29, 2019
oook, this definitely sparked a conversation... >_>
Another thing I'd like to check is EE3 transmuting enderpearls, obsidian and clay into iron. I don't even need to explain this, do I.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Vanilla iron golem farm too OP nerf plz.

My vanilla iron golem farm laughs at your enderpearls. Completely automatic 2000+ iron an hour if you wanted to.

Not only that MFR can make an iron golem farm that goes even faster in a smaller area when combined with a soul shards farm.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Water so OP, a 2x2 pool lasts forever. Plz nerf.
I can break wood with my fists, fists OP. Plz nerf.
Lazer gun mines through everything, lazer OP. Plz nerf.
1 log turns into 4 planks, logs OP. Plz nerf.
Bedrock too hard, can't mine, bedrock OP. Plz nerf.
Play TFC Much?

Reactions: Whovian

atheneftw

Jul 29, 2019
how do u do that?