Offline play?

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
It wouldn't be ram, because it's not even attempting to launch. I don't think modpack matters either in this case. He is loading the launcher, clicks the launch button, and although he has no internet, it should at least ask him if he wants to play offline.

I'm not sure what the problem is tbh. I've launched ftb just fine with no internet connection.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
It wouldn't be ram, because it's not even attempting to launch. I don't think modpack matters either in this case. He is loading the launcher, clicks the launch button, and although he has no internet, it should at least ask him if he wants to play offline.

I'm not sure what the problem is tbh. I've launched ftb just fine with no internet connection.
No, for his freezing problem.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
my mistake, but still. it should give an offline option.
I can't answer that, because tbh I use MultiMC for launching FTB packs now. I don't even use FTB packs that often anymore, I generally just make my own.

Empire Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Unleashed modpack, I can get into the main screen fine but when I got launch at the launcher it doesn't give me that option, it just says it can't connect to mojang and then launches the game and when I select a world it freezes, but it doesn't when I have internet connection

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
That's an odd problem. Try deleting every trace of minecraft/ftb on your computer and reinstalling?

Empire Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Well i reinstalled it and while i had connection i tried to load it and the same problem occurred, so having no internet connection isnt the problem, thanks anyways yall

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
right. your internet connection is most definitely not the problem. I'm betting its software or configuration (not config files)

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
^
FlqGRIK.jpg

Last edited:

JAndy

Jul 29, 2019
- From previous posts here and in other threads I gather that there was/is an offline play button. Do I simply not see it or was it removed? If the latter, why?
- Launching any pack while offline seems to be impossible, even if the same pack was successfully launched half an hour earlier while online.
- Starting the launcher while offline causes it to delete all profiles/logindata. Said data does not return on going back online even after restarting the launcher.

Here's the part of the logs where I believe the profile data gets deleted:
Code:
DownloadUtils.run() starting
Primary mirror failed, Trying alternative mirrors
Testing Server:Miami
CreeperHost Server: Miami was not accessible, ignoring.miami1.creeperrepo.net
Testing Server:Nottingham
CreeperHost Server: Nottingham was not accessible, ignoring.england2.creeperrepo.net
Testing Server:Grantham
CreeperHost Server: Grantham was not accessible, ignoring.england3.creeperrepo.net
Testing Server:Los Angeles
CreeperHost Server: Los Angeles was not accessible, ignoring.losangeles1.creeperrepo.net
Testing Server:Atlanta
CreeperHost Server: Atlanta was not accessible, ignoring.atlanta1.creeperrepo.net
Testing Server:Atlanta-2
CreeperHost Server: Atlanta-2 was not accessible, ignoring.atlanta2.creeperrepo.net
Testing Server:Maidenhead
CreeperHost Server: Maidenhead was not accessible, ignoring.england1.creeperrepo.net
Testing Server:CurseCDN
Curse Server: CurseCDN was not accessible, ignoring.ftb.cursecdn.com
Could not find any working mirrors! If you are running a software firewall please allow the FTB Launcher permission to use the internet.
DL ready
Failed to resolve selected mirror: ftb.cursecdn.com
Using download server Automatic:UNKNOWN on host UNKNOWN (UNKNOWN)
[i18n] Fallback enUS loaded
[i18n] enUS English (US) language file loaded!
Failed to get MAC address, using default logindata key
Error Decrypting information, attempting legacy decryption: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded
Failed to decode logindata: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "<censored>"
Failed to get MAC address, using default logindata key
No users found after decoding old logindata format. Malformed logindata or empty logindata
This only happens if the launcher starts without internet.

If it matters, I'm using the .jar version via "java -jar launcher^FTB_Launcher.jar"
buildproperties.properties in the jar file says
Code:
LauncherJenkins=203
Git-SHA=9b3092c84c648524d65019efecfa000588d7773e

Darthvader925

Jul 29, 2019
Ya I'm having the same problem. with the new launcher there is no play offline option however with an older launcher version I can play offline. But when I reinstalled unleashed I could no longer play offline through the older launcher. So I'm stuck playing ultimate through the old launcher.
So me being someone who has no Internet and really only plays offline my question is was it intentional to prevent offline play or is it a glitch?

jackd23

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like it's not possible to play offline anymore again, even if having logged in online previously.

This made me very sad and annoyed, since I had a proper internet outage that lasted for 22 hours, and it only came back an hour ago. The launcher is initiating the Yggdrasil authentication and then doesn't start the actual game with an IOException error. without giving the option to Play Offline.

Eventually after some time of meditation and spiritual cleansing, the use of careful amounts of black magic, and probably sheer luck of having the lastest 1.6.4 Forge installed in the vanilla launcher, I moved the files to a new vanilla launcher profile directory and played offline using the vanilla launcher.

But why?

I can't think of a reason why it would be intentionally impossible to play offline while having absolutely no internet connection at all, and while having logged in with a valid account previously, using the FTB launcher. No proper reason anyway. It makes me believe that this is a proper bogus behaviour that somehow has been re-introduced over time.

Sorry for necroing but it's spot on topic for a seemingly persistent or returning issue, otherwise you'd pelt this reply with "omg use search first" eh :p

Sukotto

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have FTB but my Cousin does and he can't play FTB or Vanilla Minecraft offline why is that? I won't install FTB because I only get 7 -13 fps playing vanilla so I'm not using anymods untill I upgrade to a better pc laptop only has 1ghz single core processor so it sucks.
anyway the problem is he runs the game both FTB and V do the same thing when he clicks the "PLAY" button it just goes blank and shows loading but its not actually loading its pretty much dead but if he clicks on it with internet it runs just fine. he doesn't have internet at his house he comes to my house to use my internet so the fact he can't play minecraft after paying for it makes him mad and me bummed out because I'm the one who convinced him to buy it. and I told him he CAN play it offline but it won't let him so whats the deal. I'm running out of options and I'm getting mad at this point so I thought that I would make one last attempt and actually post a comment asking for help so anyone please help us out whats going on why can't he play minecraft or FTB offline but online works just fine?

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have FTB but my Cousin does and he can't play FTB or Vanilla Minecraft offline why is that? I won't install FTB because I only get 7 -13 fps playing vanilla so I'm not using anymods untill I upgrade to a better pc laptop only has 1ghz single core processor so it sucks.
anyway the problem is he runs the game both FTB and V do the same thing when he clicks the "PLAY" button it just goes blank and shows loading but its not actually loading its pretty much dead but if he clicks on it with internet it runs just fine. he doesn't have internet at his house he comes to my house to use my internet so the fact he can't play minecraft after paying for it makes him mad and me bummed out because I'm the one who convinced him to buy it. and I told him he CAN play it offline but it won't let him so whats the deal. I'm running out of options and I'm getting mad at this point so I thought that I would make one last attempt and actually post a comment asking for help so anyone please help us out whats going on why can't he play minecraft or FTB offline but online works just fine?
Does he have a mac? If so: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/fix-for-launcher-on-mac-minecraft-crashes-immediately.892/