Official FTB seed thread.

lalala2365

Jul 29, 2019
Coincidentally, Chefbarbie's seed has one of the largest supercontinents I've ever seen.

ermergerditshuge_zps51f017ae.png
hey mind me asking what program you used to map this it looks awesome :)

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Time for my latest Ultimate Seed:

Disclaimer: I have the Voxel mods turned off and Rei's Minimap turned on as well as Forge Lexicon set to Blacklist (due to TC3 aspects with ingots). Everything else is the base Ultimate mod pack and as such should have the same or similar world generation. All Coordinates are x, z.

Seed: -7443758477168039127 (with bonus chest for my play world - it does affect some spawning)

With this seed you spawn near 89, 238 which is in a forest near a swamp (that's near extreme hills) and a Mini Jungle. In the swamp at 4, 355 is a Witch's Hut. If you enter the Nether from the spawn point you end up within 300 meters of two separate nether fortresses, though you don't end up in an easily defensible position (my portal is one block from me porting into a lava ocean -_-).

In my current iteration I'm playing in there's a TC3 very close to the witch's hut and I managed to get a portal gun from an obelisk formation that had a wisp spawner underneath it. Since these are random there's no point in me putting their locations, but if you're lucky you'll get something similar. All in all it's a very good seed with a few caves and plenty of trees near the spawn point, as well as several villages within a 500m radius - the one I recommend visiting is at 504, 82 due to it being near a desert and in my test world having a blacksmith, librarian, butcher, TC3 trader and Mystcraft trader. There is also a quite diverse number of biomes within a 500-600 meter radius of the spawn point, as well as a fair amount of surface lava and plenty of caves.

JerryMac

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for a seed for the ultimate FTB modpack, for a server, what we are looking for is to minimize the size of the ocean, so to have as much landmass as possible, went exploring a few random seeds and could only go to 2000 blocks before ocean started, traveled to at least 5500 away and ocean still continued. this vast large oceans are not so good or even fun to play on servers i dont think.
so is there a way or a seed that provides more landmass?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
so is there a way or a seed that provides more landmass?
Over a large enough area, all seeds are pretty much the same. They only differ in what happens to be near the spawn. So: pick a seed, head off in a random direction until you find a large contintent, and set the spawn point to co-ords in the middle of it and delete the chunks that you generated on the way there.

Tramdor

Jul 29, 2019
Ive been trying to figure out why all the seeds im useing are not working but its cause im useing 1.2.2 not 1.4.2

varkarrus

Jul 29, 2019
try BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ ALDRIN
in Direwolf20

you get a town, some really cool extreme hills, and rubber trees. Also there's a nearby underground abandoned mine.

xBCrafted

Jul 29, 2019
Won't exactly work, as redpower volcanos don't go in the same spot with the same seed. Neither does buildcraft oil.

I don't just find a seed and post it... I test it... I have created the seed several times, with the same results.

I do agree with the oil part. Though i never said anything about it staying...

Ktaily

Jul 29, 2019
I personally love the seed: Wolf
I used to play it with vanilla and was very pleasantly surprised to find that it is also very good for FTB.
There are loads of valleys, cliffs, overhangs, etc.

There is a village at:
x= 541
z= -268
This is very close to spawn. You just follow the beach off to the right at spawn and just keep heading straight where the beach curves instead of following the coast.

Reactions: ictrobot

ictrobot

Jul 29, 2019
I personally love the seed: Wolf
I used to play it with vanilla and was very pleasantly surprised to find that it is also very good for FTB.
There are loads of valleys, cliffs, overhangs, etc.

There is a village at:
x= 541
z= -268
This is very close to spawn. You just follow the beach off to the right at spawn and just keep heading straight where the beach curves instead of following the coast.

This is really nice seed in Ultimate

PirateAE

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for a Seed, Autum forest near spawn is a must would also like a medows and or redwood forest (lush or reg) nearby

Einyen

Jul 29, 2019

This is the mindcrack FTB seed :D
Get to build where the mindcrackers build

Made this biome map of the seed a while ago:
https://mega.co.nz/#!1QZkBbAZ!Eh9dlxk_g-kgWF503VIS8HmZ9xdEM-_1UerOYY0M3DM
9.3 Mb jpg 10320x10320 pixels. x=0 z=0 is at the center, each pixel is 1 block so it covers -5160 to +5160 in x and z. The red lines marks every 1000 coordinates, and a red ring around x=0 z=0.

If you are really interested in the details when zooming all the way in, here is a 99.2 Mb uncompressed png-version of the map:
https://mega.co.nz/#!YQYlTYAA!OXe_OC5wEjnVkROgHB7UGmYc1CBMC6ESqaCaz2RhDjc

LieutenantMaidl

Jul 29, 2019
if anyone has a birch forest seed i would love to know, they seem very rare to me, i haven't found that many.[DOUBLEPOST=1364818777][/DOUBLEPOST]Just as i ask that i found a birch forest seed LOL

seed: 551817578

Jul 29, 2019
This thread really needs to be cleaned up, as in accumulate all the seeds into the first post in category's to easily find what you are looking for (pic's HAVE to be included, not vids). I'd be happy to take over with this thread if you dont feel up to it :)

xBCrafted

Jul 29, 2019
This thread really needs to be cleaned up, as in accumulate all the seeds into the first post in category's to easily find what you are looking for (pic's HAVE to be included, not vids). I'd be happy to take over with this thread if you dont feel up to it :)

I agree that all the seeds should be consolidated more. But i don't see why it should be pictures instead of videos. You tend to see more of the seed in a video, rather than some motionless pic. I will continue to post videos of seeds i find, until a mod says otherwise.