Official FTB Pack Suggestions Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Watchful, I dunno what everyone else sees, but for me, you're linking back to my personal member page here for some magical reason.
In my original post I wrote "Sorry @Pyure ..." and so on, then went onto the question about pack competitions (thanks for the reply by the way @Watchful11) - it looks like in the process of deleting the first bit, the link to your name was accidentally left in, so it rendered the whole thing a link to you.

Reactions: Watchful11

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In my original post I wrote "Sorry @Pyure ..." and so on, then went onto the question about pack competitions (thanks for the reply by the way @Watchful11) - it looks like in the process of deleting the first bit, the link to your name was accidentally left in, so it rendered the whole thing a link to you.
That's actually a really sensible explanation :)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
H

Hootling

Pack: Infinity Beyond
Suggestion: Ender Zoo
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/ender-zoo

Suggesting the addition of Ender Zoo to the pack. It's a fairly small mod, an offshoot of Ender IO (shares an author), that adds some fun passive and hostile mobs and a small number of new enchants, some new TnT types, and a few new potions.

Also, it has adorable little owls that spawn in temperate forests.

owl.png

S

Senophoe

Pack: Feed the Beast - Beyond
Suggestion: Implement Booster Rockets mod to Beyond modpack

The mod ports the Elytra and Firework Rocket flight mechanics from Minecraft 1.11.1, making it possible to use fireworks (called Booster Rockets) to boost players flying with Elytra.

The flight mechanics that currently exist on Beyond are based on creative flight, like Jetpacks and Angel Ring, and are overpowered in a certain way. The idea is to have this mod for those who want a more immersive and challenging way of flight and want to leave creative flight for building only. This seems far more important since Beyond modpack adds the possibility to combine the Elytra with some armors, like the Defender set from Roots or Dark Steel set from EnderIO.

Here's a mod spotlight:

Here's the mod's Curse page: https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/255639-booster-rockets

ChrisGamer2311

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: Thermal Foundation hammers disable

They are really cheap, and they dont have a gate, like the TC hammers (Smeltery)
So basicly, really overpowered.

NightNyaa

Jul 29, 2019
Pack: Feed the Beast: Beyond
Suggestion: Carpenter's Blocks

it seems the mod is finally being converted to 1.10.2 and would be a great addon to the pack in my mind, although it's still in early build so may be best to wait, but could just test it out and see how it is.

Reactions: Ben85

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: Thermal Foundation hammers disable

They are really cheap, and they dont have a gate, like the TC hammers (Smeltery)
So basicly, really overpowered.
You don't need a smeltery to make a TiCon Hammer. You need 36 of basically any metal to make a Tool Forge. So, basically, the TF hammers will save you maybe 15-30 minutes before you have a repairable hammer. That hardly seems overpowered to me.

Z

zipack

Hello buddies,
I just started playing FTB Beyond and it looks good, but in this time I missing something to grow crops in some compact form. So I would like to ask if it is possible to implement something like ModularFlowerPots or some similar mod which allows to grow crops in more compact form.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Hello buddies,
I just started playing FTB Beyond and it looks good, but in this time I missing something to grow crops in some compact form. So I would like to ask if it is possible to implement something like ModularFlowerPots or some similar mod which allows to grow crops in more compact form.

Why not use a small farm under AA Greenhouse Glass being enhanced by a Reliquary Lilly Pad if Fertility and/or Blood Magic and Roots methods of growth enhancement? At that rate, even a very small plot can put out obnoxious yields by using the mods available.

ChrisGamer2311

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need a smeltery to make a TiCon Hammer. You need 36 of basically any metal to make a Tool Forge. So, basically, the TF hammers will save you maybe 15-30 minutes before you have a repairable hammer. That hardly seems overpowered to me.
Well when they make the expert mode, the should disable them.

Z

zipack

Why not use a small farm under AA Greenhouse Glass being enhanced by a Reliquary Lilly Pad if Fertility and/or Blood Magic and Roots methods of growth enhancement? At that rate, even a very small plot can put out obnoxious yields by using the mods available.
Because sometimes I need just only 1 tile crop, but for that I also need water. With MFP you just put the pot, insert dirt and water it and grow the crops. It is much more compact than other means of farming, specially when you need to save space or create only one block high crop high over the ground/water.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Because sometimes I need just only 1 tile crop, but for that I also need water. With MFP you just put the pot, insert dirt and water it and grow the crops. It is much more compact than other means of farming, specially when you need to save space or create only one block high crop high over the ground/water.
Immersive Engineering is coming out with something similar very soon I think.

Z

zipack

Good day to all of you, I have another little suggestion or maybe question, is it in plan to implement OpenBlocks in future?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Good day to all of you, I have another little suggestion or maybe question, is it in plan to implement OpenBlocks in future?
OpenBlocks hasn't been updated since 1.7.10 - unless this changes, it won't be implemented in any future packs I believe.

Z

zipack

OpenBlocks hasn't been updated since 1.7.10 - unless this changes, it won't be implemented in any future packs I believe.
Yes I know this if the mod is not updated it cannot be implemented. I just asked if it is possible to implement it if it will be updated or not. Some modpacks doesn't include some mods like OpenBlocks because it is against their idea of content. I just asked...

P.S. - Since MC 1.6.4 the OpenBlocks wasn't also updated until the 1.7.10. So I justa sked this question because I was curious if there are some info about the development for MC 1.10.2 or not. ;)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yes I know this if the mod is not updated it cannot be implemented. I just asked if it is possible to implement it if it will be updated or not. Some modpacks doesn't include some mods like OpenBlocks because it is against their idea of content. I just asked...

P.S. - Since MC 1.6.4 the OpenBlocks wasn't also updated until the 1.7.10. So I justa sked this question because I was curious if there are some info about the development for MC 1.10.2 or not. ;)
The best place to look for any info about it would be https://openmods.info/ I suspect - it might be worth seeing whether the mod author is working on anything too.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Many of the piece parts that made people use OpenBlocks have since been updated in the form of new single purpose mods. This list includes the Sleeping Bag, Elevator, and Hangglider. There may be other things that were updated as well, but those were the reason OpenBlocks was added to a number of custom packs I've played through 1.7, so I'm glad I can ditch the extra weight of all those things I wasn't planning on using anyway.

Is there a particular functionality from OpenBlocks that you are looking for? Odds are that idea was ported forward somehow in a different, likely standalone, mod.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame