Nuclear Power discussions. Sort of.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Well, technically its Mk III, since its a DDOS reactor (8 of them actually), configured like this. If you don't know how DDOS works, look it up.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Actually it wasn't the logic gates that were the problem, since each time they reset they just swap out the cooling cells. Also I made sure not to sleep while the reactor was running. Tbh I have no idea how it happened.

Guess its my own fault for not surrounding each reactor in blast-resistant blocks.

EDIT: Pony, yes I did, 30 of them to be precise (theoretically 28, had an extra 2 to be safe).

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting. And one can use AE to transfer cells back and forth...
Can you now? I must admit, I'm still bamboozled by AE even after watching both of DW20's mod spotlights on it. I just used RP tubes and filters/retrievers.

Well, i'm glad to know it can be done without RP. Guess I don't have to worry about its possible removal from the modpacks.

Ammaneus

Jul 29, 2019
AE is simpler in my opinion than RP2, I still love RP2 because it's well coded and balanced, but I'll probably never make another sorting machine again whilst we have AE, they're for different things I think.

But back on topic, I've been looking into the bees that produce uranium (yes, it's another bee question :p ) and it seems to me that even 4-5 uranium-producing bees would be easily enough to fuel a reactor 24/7 with a bit of automation, has anyone tried this?, did it work?, what did you have to do?

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, here is a discussion going/coming, so, making a new topic is not a good idea ^^
Can you now? I must admit, I'm still bamboozled by AE even after watching both of DW20's mod spotlights on it. I just used RP tubes and filters/retrievers.

Well, i'm glad to know it can be done without RP. Guess I don't have to worry about its possible removal from the modpacks.
I'm not sure if you can, but there are an import/export buses with built-in filters that can pull/put items from/to an inventory according to the filters. They also can do that constantly or by a redstone signal.

About beezzz I can't say anything, cause I've never done any breeding. I'm going to do some, however.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, here is a discussion going/coming, so, making a new topic is not a good idea ^^

I'm not sure if you can, but there are an import/export buses with built-in filters that can pull/put items from/to an inventory according to the filters. They also can do that constantly or by a redstone signal.

About beezzz I can't say anything, cause I've never done any breeding. I'm going to do some, however.
Well, as you may have guessed i've never used AE (though that might be about to change). Do these import/export buses look at damage values? Because if not they they wouldn't work since they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between hot cells and cooled cells.

Ammaneus

Jul 29, 2019
Well, as you may have guessed i've never used AE (though that might be about to change). Do these import/export buses look at damage values? Because if not they they wouldn't work since they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between hot cells and cooled cells.

I shall check!, this is a good plan

[EDIT]
just checked with a pair of steel swords in an import bus, one damaged, one fresh, I put the damaged one in the filter interface of the bus but it drew both in anyway :(, so no, they register damage values, but don't seem to care.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
As Ammaneus found out, they do not. But you are still able to do some timing-based circuits. One of the advantages of AE is that item transfer from/to network is instant.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I think it is possible to automate it using AE + some sort of computer... Program in Lua that shuts the reactor down, and moves the cells using AE buses. However you should have two separate networks for cooled cells and hot ones.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
AE 10+ for MC 1.5 has 'fuzzy' busses that handle damage items by design.

9.x busses should treat each damaged item value as a unique item.

---

Uranium bees with normal production speed should give 1 comb per 1.30 hours. 50% chance for uranium ore in the comb. Assume you convert the ore to 8 depleted cells and breed it to enriched cells you can run an 8 cell reactor reliable on one bee.

Not sure what the bump from normal to fastest production gives. But should be able to improve on it a little. Frames in an alveary should have large impacts on these bees.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I think it is possible to automate it using AE + some sort of computer... Program in Lua that shuts the reactor down, and moves the cells using AE buses. However you should have two separate networks for cooled cells and hot ones.
Lol, the reason I used RP2 is so I could avoid learning a programming language I won't use in 99.9% of my life. Not looking good.

AE 10+ for MC 1.5 has 'fuzzy' busses that handle damage items by design.

9.x busses should treat each damaged item value as a unique item.

The reason I can use RP2 at all is that it doesn't care what the damage value is, only whether or not it has one. This is DISASTROUS news!

Edit: So they don't look at the exact damage value now? Maybe not as bad as i'd imagined.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Shakie, there are two possible options: Fuzzy, that ignores Item Data, and treats any item with any damage as one variant and items in full repair as separate variant. and Precision buses are basically the same as the old version.
But it seems like old version ignores the data at all. I asked Algorithm about it, so, let's wait for an answer.