[NOW PLAYABLE] The Abandoned House 2 [Jam-Packed] [145+ Quests] [Dungeons, Tech, Bees, Magic]

What should be added to the map?

• Total voters

deanec64

Jul 29, 2019
bug report from me. edit mode was enabled by mistake when I updated. unsure if others saw the same. config was set to true VS false :)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yeah, I apologize. I wasn't trying to make fun of non english speakers. Seriously, I wasn't. I am on the crash landing forum and was noticing this well before I saw the couple of responses here.

TBH, I don't know how else I could envision this, whether it was a non english speaker, someone who failed english badly, someone really tired or drunk or ??? Seriously. It's a bit hard to judge.

This forum is mostly english speaking, in fact, I think the prerequisite IS that you speak english. If someone were to speak in spanish, french or something else, you'd alienate yourself pretty quickly. Trying to do a google translate and hoping for the best means you're probably not going to get alot of responses either, given that they don't work very well for very specific things dealing with context, etc....

In the CL post, I've been seeing a ton of posts that are essentially gibberish, then when they are ignored since nobody can make any sense out of them, they get gibberpissed (gibberish pissed) and what ensues is complete hillarity that you think you are reading a mad lib or a word jumble. seriously. what are we supposed to make of it?

Lastly, don't you think then, it would behoove that person that doesn't speak english, to actually STATE THAT?

As in: Non English speaker, sorry for mistakes. How do you pack the get that is all over on ftb?

???? seriously. THEN I'm sure people would try to understand. But just doing the yoda shtick, really, how is anyone supposed to respond to that? I certainly don't have the patience for it, but that's just me.

Not speaking english AND being impatient with people for not understanding you is just as bad as the flip side, assuming that if you don't know english, you're not worth understanding either.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Forum != Thread

Don't take it personally, this type of responses to non-native english speakers are everywhere on the forum, not just your thread.
Apologies.[DOUBLEPOST=1409598788][/DOUBLEPOST]
bug report from me. edit mode was enabled by mistake when I updated. unsure if others saw the same. config was set to true VS false :)
Will be fixed in next update. manually change it for now.

convictvx

Jul 29, 2019
bug report: for the quest "machines everywhere" the one where we need to craft some machines of TE and IC2 is a machine we can't craft and that is the sawmill to be precise. it requires a vanilla iron axe and the crafting of those is disabled. so 2 options to get the axe, spawn one in or maybe loot one (not sure if placed for loot somewhere)

unseennote

Jul 29, 2019
bug report: for the quest "machines everywhere" the one where we need to craft some machines of TE and IC2 is a machine we can't craft and that is the sawmill to be precise. it requires a vanilla iron axe and the crafting of those is disabled. so 2 options to get the axe, spawn one in or maybe loot one (not sure if placed for loot somewhere)
I believe that Olexa has said this will be fixed in the next update, however there is an option in the Tinkers Construct config to make you able to craft/not craft vanilla tools, and another to change their effectiveness.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I apologize. I wasn't trying to make fun of non english speakers. Seriously, I wasn't. I am on the crash landing forum and was noticing this well before I saw the couple of responses here.

TBH, I don't know how else I could envision this, whether it was a non english speaker, someone who failed english badly, someone really tired or drunk or ??? Seriously. It's a bit hard to judge.

This forum is mostly english speaking, in fact, I think the prerequisite IS that you speak english. If someone were to speak in spanish, french or something else, you'd alienate yourself pretty quickly. Trying to do a google translate and hoping for the best means you're probably not going to get alot of responses either, given that they don't work very well for very specific things dealing with context, etc....

In the CL post, I've been seeing a ton of posts that are essentially gibberish, then when they are ignored since nobody can make any sense out of them, they get gibberpissed (gibberish pissed) and what ensues is complete hillarity that you think you are reading a mad lib or a word jumble. seriously. what are we supposed to make of it?

Lastly, don't you think then, it would behoove that person that doesn't speak english, to actually STATE THAT?

As in: Non English speaker, sorry for mistakes. How do you pack the get that is all over on ftb?

???? seriously. THEN I'm sure people would try to understand. But just doing the yoda shtick, really, how is anyone supposed to respond to that? I certainly don't have the patience for it, but that's just me.

Not speaking english AND being impatient with people for not understanding you is just as bad as the flip side, assuming that if you don't know english, you're not worth understanding either.

Your post has a whole lot of assumptions built into it. I understand that at first glance the posts like that look like utter ridiculousness, but if you guys actually took the time and attempted to try and break down the sentence, you'd be surprised at what you can understand.

Sometimes google translate is all a person has to communicate with somebody all the way across the world. Consider that 20 years ago it would never have even been possible; there was no Google Translate! and now today we have people like you coming in here, laughing at the poor guy trying to communicate with other people that enjoy the same things he does.

Good on you bro! Keep up the good will.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Your post has a whole lot of assumptions built into it. I understand that at first glance the posts like that look like utter ridiculousness, but if you guys actually took the time and attempted to try and break down the sentence, you'd be surprised at what you can understand.

Sometimes google translate is all a person has to communicate with somebody all the way across the world. Consider that 20 years ago it would never have even been possible; there was no Google Translate! and now today we have people like you coming in here, laughing at the poor guy trying to communicate with other people that enjoy the same things he does.

When somebody doesn't state they don't know English, I don't have time to go see where they live. The forum is in English and this thread is in English. I don't even know why I'm talking about this because this wasn't the point. Please stop talking about it on my thread.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone

I don't want to ruin OlexaKid64's thread, so I won't comment anymore, but I have to say this: using your own logic, they can google translate, first and foremost: I don't speak english, so please help me.

Correct? You're assuming something as well. that the person that doesn't speak english, acts responsibly and is a good contributor to discussions in their own language. right? That is just not the case. I know there are alot of things that tend to be culturally specific, that some people talk differently to each other in other countries, and other people from other countries think those cultural differences are sometimes strange, sometimes completely out of whack from what they consider to be normal. It doesn't make it right tho. You decide to live in a country and call it home. It behooves you to learn the language and use it. That goes for europeans and americans and other parts of the world. Same idea, this forum. The day we have instantaneous and accurate translation ala universal translator from star trek, this will never be an issue again. Now? Not so much.

This conversation serves no purpose tho, so again, I will be not commenting on it here anymore. PM me if you wish and we can discuss this further.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yeah, I'm having alot of issues atm with FTB launcher not being able to finish downloads or they don't even start. switching back and forth from one location to another isn't helping either. Hadn't had any issues prior to them doing something over the last 2-4 weeks. Any clue other than the support site, to find out possibly why this is happening? I scanned the support site for newer tickets but didn't see anything appropriate and I am fairly positive that this problem is more affecting the third party packs than the regular ones. Makes me think that it's the change in the upload policies, etc.... Files are not where they should be (as stated in logs).

mine_it_your_way

Jul 29, 2019
the glue dots quest seems to be bugged as well. glue does not register when piped into the qds. also, if you pick up a bucket of it, it says its pig iron. place it down and its glue again.

SwapTheVowels

Jul 29, 2019
Unsure if this is the correct place to post this, but i can't figure out for the life of me how to find wheat/wheat seeds. Tried breaking grass, as well as bone meal + sickle. Is this a bug?

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Try using a hoe/mattock on dirt not near water. I believe that you have a chance of getting seeds when using one on dirt that won't be irrigated by water, and thus won't become farmland.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Try using a hoe/mattock on dirt not near water. I believe that you have a chance of getting seeds when using one on dirt that won't be irrigated by water, and thus won't become farmland.

Keep in mind you only get one use out of vanilla hoes.