[NOW PLAYABLE] The Abandoned House 2 [Jam-Packed] [145+ Quests] [Dungeons, Tech, Bees, Magic]

What should be added to the map?

• Total voters

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
So, I added opis and I'm just not seeing what's causing the lag issue for me. Running for a couple of hours and the normal things show up as highest ticking entities, like the 4 sprinklers over my 4 9x9 farms. Enderstorage and AE show up, but not too high. Collectively, not one single set of mobs are causing any high ticks, nor is the TE grid tick handler which usually causes lots of issues with back filling, etc.. nothing. Definately noticing some lag, but not to the point it was before. I'll watch it some more but who knows. I do notice alot of pausing with the chunk loading of new areas and they get released pretty quickly tho I don't usually have power suits and I'm flying all over the place, so that could be the issue with that.
powersuits do cause world lag.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
So, I added opis and I'm just not seeing what's causing the lag issue for me. Running for a couple of hours and the normal things show up as highest ticking entities, like the 4 sprinklers over my 4 9x9 farms. Enderstorage and AE show up, but not too high. Collectively, not one single set of mobs are causing any high ticks, nor is the TE grid tick handler which usually causes lots of issues with back filling, etc.. nothing. Definately noticing some lag, but not to the point it was before. I'll watch it some more but who knows. I do notice alot of pausing with the chunk loading of new areas and they get released pretty quickly tho I don't usually have power suits and I'm flying all over the place, so that could be the issue with that.

It sounds more like a problem with something called garbage collection. Better none as a memory leak. Something is taking up a bit of CPU or RAM resources and not letting it go when it's finished. And since most things in minecraft cycle it just eats more and more over time. No idea if this is correct. Just a slightly educated guess.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
It sounds more like a problem with something called garbage collection. Better none as a memory leak. Something is taking up a bit of CPU or RAM resources and not letting it go when it's finished. And since most things in minecraft cycle it just eats more and more over time. No idea if this is correct. Just a slightly educated guess.
This is partially true. Try restarting your computer more often. That'll refresh things. Dedicating more ram to the game helps. Use the jvm arguments that are suggested on the forums. Also the pack is now updated.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i like the pack be the start get alittle annoyed having to run around the map 1 quest in just for one tool part. anyway to change it to like paper or something that would require you to explore without mining. I mean it is the very start and you don't even have tools and the quest is about making tools and you spend like 3 days looking for 1 mat.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
This is partially true. Try restarting your computer more often. That'll refresh things. Dedicating more ram to the game helps. Use the jvm arguments that are suggested on the forums. Also the pack is now updated.

I hop you don't mean the ones from this thread.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/jvm-arguments-for-modded-minecraft-updated-12-30-13.28994/
Cause, "These arguments are now outdated and not working properly!
I will start a new thread when I have time under a new section since this is now archived."
And I haven't seen that new thread he promises.

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, i dont know if you know this issue but i was playing on 1.2.2 and i wanted to update to 1.2.3 so i checked the "backup warning" and then updated but after launching the game and going in my world it was like i restarted from 0. I tried to look for the backup saves but i cant find it.

Anyway its not too bad because i dont went so far so i can get the little thing i started and then restart as normal but i just wanted to say it in case it help.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I hop you don't mean the ones from this thread.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/jvm-arguments-for-modded-minecraft-updated-12-30-13.28994/
Cause, "These arguments are now outdated and not working properly!
I will start a new thread when I have time under a new section since this is now archived."
And I haven't seen that new thread he promises.
check out @SatanicSanta 's .sig He has a pastebin site with some args tho I haven't tried them yet. I still think FTB is dropping a huge ball by not allowing you to alter the jvm args on a per instance basis sort of like multimc does (checkbox to use default or put your own per instance). You'd think that'd be a simple thing to fix and is so needed. Each pack is different and now that there are 1.7 packs this is needed even moreso.
edit: the url in question: http://pastebin.com/aL8zwnK2

Reactions: SatanicSanta

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
I updated and backup up, world is gone. Backup is not there? Any idea what went wrong?
I have a feeling that, we had to do a new way of updating packs because FTB changed their 3rd party modpack system, and something got screwed up. I genuinely have no clue why that happened. I will pass it onto the devs. I'm sorry :(

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Everybody change the name of your current world save before updating. Every update will copy over the map if it has the same name. Which is stupid. But that's what's going on with world saves. I'd save backups to your desktop or another place.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Backing up your world with aroma backup might also be a good idea. Though having that mod in should be the standard for all HQM packs.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sending out a hotfix right now that will fix this. Sadly worlds that are already lost have been lost.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I'm sending out a hotfix right now that will fix this. Sadly worlds that are already lost have been lost.
I've never trusted the ftb launcher to do what it says, so I always rename the directory before loading launcher, load launcher, load new version, copy save over from older version dir including any config changes (if any). The thing will say "backup saves, configs" and give you an option, but it doesn't do anything. Especially for configs. I'm fairly certain that even AGSKIES had this exact issue, which is why every update, she updated the world's name to include a letter, so old worlds didn't get deleted. Talk to @Gideonseymour . I think he has some inkling what changes were made recently to 3rd party packs. He insinuated as much in his running red thread.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Lockdown is good because it won't affect any already generated worlds, only ones that generate after. That's how I do it.

Anyway, most of the changes to 3rd Party Packs are all involving the method of submission

mine_it_your_way

Jul 29, 2019
I will just cheat my way back to the place that I was at. Love the map by the way. For the water collection quest, the percentage went into the nagatives. The number kept going up, just the percentage was off.

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
Hey here, i have an issue why the question progression : In section 8 "Erratic Errands" when i put 46 Iron bar in the QDS or if y check "Manual submit" it does nothing the Iron bar dont work. Is it normal ? The iron bar needed are something special to get somehow ?

tetra185

Jul 29, 2019
i had the pack but i deleted the folder on accident and now i have installed the pack again there is id conflicts

mine_it_your_way

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the picture of the water filing bug.
2dliMDC.png

DDurwood

Jul 29, 2019
i had the pack but i deleted the folder on accident and now i have installed the pack again there is id conflicts
I'm getting id conflicts as well from a fresh install:

#Blocks
3972: calclavia:multiPart from CalclaviaCore - PamHarvestCraft:eek:rangeSapling from pamharvestcraft
3974: null from HungerOverhaul - null from pamharvestcraft
4020: Crop from HungerOverhaul - Crop from pamharvestcraft
4029: blockLuminator from IC2 - PamHarvestCraft:seaweedcrop_2 from pamharvestcraft
4030: blockLuminatorDark from IC2 - PamHarvestCraft:strawberrycrop_2 from pamharvestcraft
4031: null from HungerOverhaul - null from pamharvestcraft
4032: blockGenerator from IC2 - PamHarvestCraft:appleSapling from pamharvestcraft
4035: blockMachine2 from IC2 - cloth_0 from pamharvestcraft
4036: blockReactorChamber from IC2 - cloth_1 from pamharvestcraft
4037: ic2.blockfluidUuMatter from IC2 - cloth_2 from pamharvestcraft
4038: ic2.blockfluidCf from IC2 - cloth_3 from pamharvestcraft
4039: ic2.blockFluidcoolant from IC2 - cloth_4 from pamharvestcraft
4089: PamHarvestCraft:blueberrycrop_2 from pamharvestcraft - extrautils:decorativeBlock2 from ExtraUtilities
4090: null from HungerOverhaul - extrabees.block.advGeneticMachine from ExtraBees
4091: PamHarvestCraft:cherrySapling from pamharvestcraft - extrabees.block.geneticMachine from ExtraBees
Suggested Ranges: 976-1274 (299 IDs), 1755-1999 (245 IDs), 516-743 (228 IDs)