Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to make a quest suggestion for the hardcore players out there.

In the dark power section of the quest book
prerequisite is the player focus quest

Turn in player focus and some other cost (Id suggest a golden apple or notch apple depends how HARDCORE you want it to be) and cost anywhere from 20-50 DP

Returns the player focus and gives 1 full heart from the HQM. 3 lives is all well and good but sometimes you die and there is nothing you could have done about it *cough Ender Creeper cough* and instead of ether losing your world or cheating in a backup i think this fits thematically inside the pack.

Just a suggestion but i would love to see this addition.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
a better way of recording kills would help the pack, I missed plenty of dark power by not claiming for kills often enough, the quest book knows when we kill a mob cant it be counted as dark power straight away, so we dont have to keep going back to the book to claim each kill.
Esk mentioned this in his LP(Hes upto episode 6 and having fun!) and I had to agree, as you often get mobbed and have no time to claim separate kills.

Reactions: Reil

gezzzel

Jul 29, 2019
i hate facking ender creeper, killed me many time with exploded my bed. setting respawn to portal plz. sorry my fooling english.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to make a quest suggestion for the hardcore players out there.........

Returns the player focus and gives 1 full heart from the HQM. 3 lives is all well and good but sometimes you die and there is nothing you could have done about it *cough Ender Creeper cough* and instead of ether losing your world or cheating in a backup i think this fits thematically inside the pack.

Good suggestion, I wonder if many people play this hardcore? For anyone mad/optimistic enough they deserve all the help thats going.

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
i hate facking ender creeper, killed me many time with exploded my bed. setting respawn to portal plz. sorry my fooling english.
Ars Magica has "Mark" and "Recall" spells. You mark your base and just recall. Make your Spellbook Soulbound and you won't ever lose your base spawn.

TheKiller2015

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this only happens to me, but each time i turn off minecraft, if i turn it back on, the modpack doesnt read my world, even if the folder is still in the savesfolder untouched. Is this a known bug that has a fix or am I the only one to be bothered by it?

Zibn

Jul 29, 2019
I need help please. How do I get cow/milk? Trying to progress through botania and I need milk for Munchdews.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
So is the quest order in HQM also the recommended magic order to pursue?
It is recommended you follow the Aura Cascade line when stuck, it is the basis for all of the other mods, but after that you will have all of the tools you need.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
After the THIRD creeper blew up essential parts of my base, ALTHOUGH i have serverals mob inhibitors in place, i lost the will of playing ...
There shouldn't be any spawns at my base, there are no dark places and the inhibitors should stop special spawns ... but it is not working.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Update 1.4.0 - Better late game progression
  • Updated the following mods: Botania, Automagy, Epic Siege Mod, Forbidden Magic, HQM, Special Mobs, Tainted Magic, Lycanites Mobs
  • Updated forge to 1614
  • Removed lycanites events
  • Increased wither skeleton spawn rates from 9% to 12%
  • Mobs should spawn further away from you. Sorry fam.
  • Added clarification on gaia guardian spawning. It can be spawned, I tested it.
  • You can now obtain wither skulls as a Dark Power reward
  • Updated Template
This update should go live later today or tomorrow.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Update 1.4.0 - Better late game progression
  • Updated the following mods: Botania, Automagy, Epic Siege Mod, Forbidden Magic, HQM, Special Mobs, Tainted Magic, Lycanites Mobs
  • Updated forge to 1614
  • Removed lycanites events
  • Increased wither skeleton spawn rates from 9% to 12%
  • Mobs should spawn further away from you. Sorry fam.
  • Added clarification on gaia guardian spawning. It can be spawned, I tested it.
  • You can now obtain wither skulls as a Dark Power reward
  • Updated Template
This update should go live later today or tomorrow.

I played banished as one of the firsts modpacks going from vanilla into modded. As you would guess, I was overwhelmed, but even so I managed to get a little base in a ravine, and started some of the mods. The last version I played was 1.2.1 like 3 month ago. After that, I played AS2, regrowth and even hubris. Now I understand a lot more, and I want to give another shot. So, a couple of questions:

* I don't see a changelog for every version (in the OP the last one is 1.2.4). I'm guessing going from a version 3 month old to the last one is at least risky. I should just start again, do you agree?

* Curse is still showing 1.3.1 as the last one. I should just wait a couple of days, right?

BTW, thanks for all the work making this packs :)

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I played banished as one of the firsts modpacks going from vanilla into modded. As you would guess, I was overwhelmed, but even so I managed to get a little base in a ravine, and started some of the mods. The last version I played was 1.2.1 like 3 month ago. After that, I played AS2, regrowth and even hubris. Now I understand a lot more, and I want to give another shot. So, a couple of questions:

* I don't see a changelog for every version (in the OP the last one is 1.2.4). I'm guessing going from a version 3 month old to the last one is at least risky. I should just start again, do you agree?

* Curse is still showing 1.3.1 as the last one. I should just wait a couple of days, right?

BTW, thanks for all the work making this packs :)

The missing change logs are likely me forgetting to update the main thread. Going from a 3 month save won't break anything, but I would start again with your new knowledge.

The pack was just now updated, it should be on the newest version in a couple minutes.

L

Lyack

just updated to 1.4, and it seems to think that forge isnt there/ isnt updated to a minimum of 10.13.4.1558. Being the noob that I am, not sure how to sort it. Any advice? thanks

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Was there a fix in the latest build to allow Utility Mobs turrets to attack non-vanilla mobs?

~edit~
I found the fix from earlier in the thread, so nevermind on that point. When the fix for not including Forge comes out later today, will the version number be updated?

Last edited: