Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
Update 1.4.0 - Better late game progression
  • Updated the following mods: Botania, Automagy, Epic Siege Mod, Forbidden Magic, HQM, Special Mobs, Tainted Magic, Lycanites Mobs
  • Updated forge to 1614
  • Removed lycanites events
  • Increased wither skeleton spawn rates from 9% to 12%
  • Mobs should spawn further away from you. Sorry fam.
  • Added clarification on gaia guardian spawning. It can be spawned, I tested it.
  • You can now obtain wither skulls as a Dark Power reward
  • Updated Template
This update should go live later today or tomorrow.

Im happy to see this back still alive thanks for all the work DD

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have a suggestion on how to get 1.4.0 to work? I see that the correct forge version is in the FTB/libraries/NET/minecraftforge/forge/1.7.10-10.13.4.1558 folder, but can't figure out how to specify that as the version to use when launching the pack.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have a suggestion on how to get 1.4.0 to work? I see that the correct forge version is in the FTB/libraries/NET/minecraftforge/forge/1.7.10-10.13.4.1558 folder, but can't figure out how to specify that as the version to use when launching the pack.
The pack was set to the wrong forge version when it was updated, this should be fixed today or tomorrow. Apologies for the delay.

Endante

Jul 29, 2019
As of this writing (Jan 6/2016 7:50 PM Pacific Time), the pack is still not updated. I was able to launch it by going into the "Edit ModPack" menu and removing the Journey Map mod. It will be nice to put it back. :D

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all,
for all that want to play 1.4.0 and want to fix it i found a salution
  • Go to /Banishedtest/minecraft/

• Open pack.json in notepad or notepad++. You should see a line that says something like
"name": "net.minecraftforge:forge:1.7.10-10.13.4.1448"

• Change the version number to the version of forge you want to use.

• Do the same for the line at the bottom that says
    "id": "1.7.10-Forge10.13.4.1448
Thanks to someone else who came up with the method, don't know the rules posting off-site pages, i just changed things to reflect this pack and versions

Reactions: Steel

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all,

• Open pack.json in notepad or notepad++. You should see a line that says something like

Thanks to someone else who came up with the method, don't know the rules posting off-site pages, i just changed things to reflect this pack and versions

zomg it worked beautifully. Thank you so much for finding this!

L

Lyack

Hello all,

I'm getting and error "Error occured during downloading the assets" do I need to manually download the latest forge and put it somewhere?

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting and error "Error occured during downloading the assets" do I need to manually download the latest forge and put it somewhere?

I am no techie, but I will help you where I can. Go into your FTB folder and find the directory libraries/net/mincraftforge/forge/
look for a folder named "1.7.10-10.13.4.1558-1.7.10" {no quotes}, if it is there I would have to look for other clues. If it isn't you will need to download the correct version, and make the folder with that name and place the Forge .jar in that folder and that should help.

I apologize I can't help you further, again what I found took me a couple of hours of online searching and a few attempts myself. If i come across anything I will try and post it. My best guess, yes it is only a guess, is it trying to download something mod related and the correct forge is the only in it attempting, you could also backup you save game and do a fresh download of the modpack and adjust the files as needed. Please let me know if things work or if things are not working I'll see what I can come up with, also if anyone reading has a better answer please correct me.

Also check that your download location under option tab and adv. options is set to CurseCDN, and any anti-virus allows FTB to alter files. I have had that block me a couple of times.

L

Lyack

I am no techie, but I will help you where I can. Go into your FTB folder and find the directory libraries/net/mincraftforge/forge/
look for a folder named "1.7.10-10.13.4.1558-1.7.10" {no quotes}, if it is there I would have to look for other clues. If it isn't you will need to download the correct version, and make the folder with that name and place the Forge .jar in that folder and that should help.

I apologize I can't help you further, again what I found took me a couple of hours of online searching and a few attempts myself. If i come across anything I will try and post it. My best guess, yes it is only a guess, is it trying to download something mod related and the correct forge is the only in it attempting, you could also backup you save game and do a fresh download of the modpack and adjust the files as needed. Please let me know if things work or if things are not working I'll see what I can come up with, also if anyone reading has a better answer please correct me.

Also check that your download location under option tab and adv. options is set to CurseCDN, and any anti-virus allows FTB to alter files. I have had that block me a couple of times.
wonderful, I'll give that a shot later. Thank you sir/madam.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it´s just me, but I think you broke it completely now. It just starts vanilla minecraft. Would be good if somebody else could confirm.

Unfortunately (or fortunately I guess, depending on perspective) I cannot confirm your results Euchale. 1.4.1 loads up to a proper modded Banished minecraft instance for me now.

On a different note, when I played Banished before with some friends on a server, we were constantly hounded by enemies at our gate. Any exit from the base was a weak point. This was on 1.3.1 if I remember the version number correctly. We had no shortage of string to start making arcane ingots with. In my single player game on 1.4.x, I barely see enemies any more. An occasional phantom, maybe a zombie wanders in through one of the many open exits, but I've never seen a creeper, skeleton or spider and I've been playing in this world now for about 6 hours. It's my best success outside of multiplayer, six hours in and I haven't died once. Did something happen with the mob spawning? And if I continue to not find spiders, should I just start trading (my incredibly small amount of) dark power for string until I can get the sheep egg quest?

~pre-post edit~ I realize now that I'm playing on normal, and the server config we use is pretty much always set to hard. Maybe that's what's happening to the mob-spawning?

Euchale

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately (or fortunately I guess, depending on perspective) I cannot confirm your results Euchale. 1.4.1 loads up to a proper modded Banished minecraft instance for me now.
I get a MD5 error, but it appears to be only for this pack. Weird...

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019

On a different note, when I played Banished before with some friends on a server, we were constantly hounded by enemies at our gate. Any exit from the base was a weak point. This was on 1.3.1 if I remember the version number correctly. We had no shortage of string to start making arcane ingots with. In my single player game on 1.4.x, I barely see enemies any more. An occasional phantom, maybe a zombie wanders in through one of the many open exits, but I've never seen a creeper, skeleton or spider and I've been playing in this world now for about 6 hours. It's my best success outside of multiplayer, six hours in and I haven't died once. Did something happen with the mob spawning? And if I continue to not find spiders, should I just start trading (my incredibly small amount of) dark power for string until I can get the sheep egg quest?

~pre-post edit~ I realize now that I'm playing on normal, and the server config we use is pretty much always set to hard. Maybe that's what's happening to the mob-spawning?
The only change to mob spawning was a small increase in the distance how far they can spawn from you to stop creepers from spawning in your fully lit base and unfairly killing you. Did you just now start a new world? Mob spawning increases 7 days in

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
The only change to mob spawning was a small increase in the distance how far they can spawn from you to stop creepers from spawning in your fully lit base and unfairly killing you. Did you just now start a new world? Mob spawning increases 7 days in

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Ah, that's probably what it is. I don't think I experienced the slow start before, as the server had been running with no players for a while before we joined. I think it's probably wise for me to start fortifying a bit more in the new world then.

sp00n1na70r

Jul 29, 2019
At this moment if you install the recommended version (1.4.1) as a fresh install it only installs vanilla 1.7.10 no forge, no mods, no config folder

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
At this moment if you install the recommended version (1.4.1) as a fresh install it only installs vanilla 1.7.10 no forge, no mods, no config folder
Are you using the curse launcher or the FTB launcher? I am able to update it correctly from a previous version on the FTB launcher. Can you provide the logs on the launcher?