Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

lolwutgamer

Jul 29, 2019
Alright. I made an account on this forum solely to ask if anyone has defeated the fire Guardian.

I have tried several tactics but his ability to regen just really outstrips my ability to deal dmg. I have seen a lot of tutorials but they all involve tinker's Construct OP weapons. I have gotten pretty far in all the quest lines except Thaumcraft (mostly because the 3rd or fourth quest reward did a beautiful job of screwing up the aspects for me) but I don't know of a way to handle this guy.

Any help would be lovely and I'll offer any advice that I can if you have questions.

I have not defeated him yet, I don't really know how he functions, but Snare (projectile) and Water Source block (custom made/projectile) should stop him from regerating, does water do that? I'm only assuming it does.

Zartanis

Jul 29, 2019
I have not defeated him yet, I don't really know how he functions, but Snare (projectile) and Water Source block (custom made/projectile) should stop him from regerating, does water do that? I'm only assuming it does.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. The snare works fine but the Basic version you get from the quests isn't nearly as powerful as what you seem to need. I had to create a projectile blizzard snare to even put a dent in his health bar.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Alright. I made an account on this forum solely to ask if anyone has defeated the fire Guardian.

I have tried several tactics but his ability to regen just really outstrips my ability to deal dmg. I have seen a lot of tutorials but they all involve tinker's Construct OP weapons. I have gotten pretty far in all the quest lines except Thaumcraft (mostly because the 3rd or fourth quest reward did a beautiful job of screwing up the aspects for me) but I don't know of a way to handle this guy.

Any help would be lovely and I'll offer any advice that I can if you have questions.

Well, I haven't done it either, but here is my thought. You say you've gotten pretty far in the other quest lines, so I am going to assume Botania here. Bring along a mana pool and a couple of full mana tablets to dump into it to fill it, plop down a handful of dirt blocks and some Bellethornes. You now have a bunch of passive DoTs damaging the fire guardian in addition to your own damage. Not a HUGE amount per flower, but I believe multiple flowers stack, and it'll add to whatever other damage you are doing.

Now my own problem. I just finished recording a Let's Play episode, and ran into a problem. My infusion altar allowed me to create End Stone, no problem, but when I tried to make Ender Air by putting the End Stone into the altar stands and dropping black aura down onto them from the ceiling by putting it into nodes positioned up there. It showed 0/1500 on all four no matter how much black aura I dropped (I dropped a total of 20,000 black aura over a distance of 10 blocks, so it should've been 200K black aura equivalent by the time it hit the altar!). Am I doing something wrong? Or is something bugged? Anyone else have this or similar experience?

Zartanis

Jul 29, 2019
Now my own problem. I just finished recording a Let's Play episode, and ran into a problem. My infusion altar allowed me to create End Stone, no problem, but when I tried to make Ender Air by putting the End Stone into the altar stands and dropping black aura down onto them from the ceiling by putting it into nodes positioned up there. It showed 0/1500 on all four no matter how much black aura I dropped (I dropped a total of 20,000 black aura over a distance of 10 blocks, so it should've been 200K black aura equivalent by the time it hit the altar!). Am I doing something wrong? Or is something bugged? Anyone else have this or similar experience?

I had literally just thought of the bellethorns while watching your playthrough lol (I just started watching today in search of anyone who has accomplished such a feat and only made it to episode 9)

As far as your aura issue goes and since i cant watch your episode yet, my guess would be that you have more than one type of aura inside your pumps at the moment. The pumps basically push out whatever aura is first on their queue and wont move onto the next one until that color is gone. This type of thing happened to me and i had to end up breaking my pumps to get all the unwanted aura flushed out.

EDIT: nevermind. I just read what black aura does inside the guide book. I'll get back to you on this

EDIT: It would seem that the black aura requirement might be a bug

Last edited:

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Drastic, good to know. I should've probably bug-checked before posting here, sorry. Was just a touch frustrated because, well, I'd intended to do an LP about one thing aaaaaaaand splat. XD

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Drastic, are the Hostile Mob Inhibitors supposed to be 100% worthless on day 8? The only day on which critters can spawn regardless of light level? The only day on which someone might want something besides torches or magical lights?

xmercy

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for making this awesome pack, having lots of fun with it. My question is;
Is it possible to decently play this pack with friends? We like playing these story modpacks like Obscurity, Void World and Galactic Science and this one is a nice different pack from those.
We tried playing this with 3 people but it seemed really troublesome with the reputation gains, is the solution to just hand out the +5 reputation items whenever you claim a quest reward (and the reputation cost) or is there a certain quest book team setting that makes it easier?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I will be releasing a small update to fix the black aura recipes tonight, I have been extremely busy - sorry I haven't been able to keep in touch!

Reactions: Dezil_nz

SolitaryScythe

Jul 29, 2019
Um... some of the SpecialMobs and Lycanites mobs seem to be just a little more OP than usual in this pack. AFAIK Gatling Skeletons are only ever meant to spawn with ranged weapons... one with a stone sword snuck up on me and 2shot me dealing nearly 100 damage per swing! No amount of fancy battlemage armor is going to be able to deal with that... Also, Hungry Zombies are now crazy-OP with their item-eating-and-deleting ways and on the Lycanites side of things those asshat Phantoms... my god... bad enough you occasionally hit me with a Disarm but when you then delete the weapon... yeah, guessing a bad interaction with Mine & Blade is causing some bugginess there, it only seems to happen when I have my sword and shield equipped. The Eruption (aka "run as far as you can as fast as you can before dozens of Lobbers spawn in your base and destroy all your machines") event is just brutal as well :eek: A bit of a shame as I rather like most of the events, if you get too complacent messing with your machines in your base they sure give you a nice wake up call! ;D A nice touch for an "against-all-odds" kind of survival modpack.

Also, Violet Aura seems to be acting oddly, though this is likely down to Aura Cascade alone. Instead of culling the excess in the node once it gets past 2600, it instead completely deletes the aura content of the node. Given that the nature of violet aura makes it incredibly hard for a system to return to equilibrium the aura keeps getting trapped in and inevitably deleted from the pumps over and over again while idle, stripping most of their ability to convey power when they're powered up :eek: Surely that's not intended behaviour? o_O

Finally, anyone noticed that placed Magelights sometimes despawn? Intended behaviour or bug?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Update 1.3.1:
  • Updated (many) mods: Botania, Bibliocraft, Epic Siege mod, aura cascade, forbidden magic, witching gear, travelers gear, thaumic horizons, thaumic infusions, HQM.
  • Fixed black aura scripts.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Finally, anyone noticed that placed Magelights sometimes despawn? Intended behaviour or bug?

I have heard that the author of AC didn't want Violet Aura to be fire and forget, but that's rumor, not certainty.

As for your magelights, THAT I know about. Zombies can destroy any lights they can reach.

EDIT:

*Sees Epic Siege Mobs has been updates*

Is the update "ALL UR BASE ARE BELONG TO US"?

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019

From my knowledge of AM2 I got playing TPPI your best bet is honestly a complete cheesy method unless you are really really high level magic wise

1st things to know he doesn't heal passively he is healed by fire damage he also casts firestorm on himself/his target when he is in combat. AM2 is really well build for progression so i would advise having all the the boss relics up to this point on you as well as they help (mostly talking about earth armor but the nature scythe is amazing also and the arcane book gives a 20% mana cost reduction)
also needless to say invest in some good enchantments of magic protection 5 and fire protection 4 as well as a botania crimson pendent

CHEESE IT: build a room for it to be in and a room near it you you can be in with some form of regeneration and where you can stand in a pool of water.
make sure that his room is FULL OF COBWEBS and nothing for him to agro on this will greatly reduce his movement as even epic bosses fall slowly in webs then as far as the killing him you have a few options.
1 make pistons that once he has spawned you can activate to cover his head with a block and slowly suffocate him this will eventually kill him as long as he doesn't agro on anything and cast his firestorm.
2 some method of poison works well on bosses its slow but its sure botania can help you here but you will need a way to deal the final blow (dispenser with arrows might do the trick or a penetration shot to shot through the wall make sure it will kill him if you use this method)
3 make it fight the other bosses this one is MUCH MUCH TRICKERY but in short make a arena and spawn in a lot of the bosses at once as well as ONE fire boss (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT SPAWN TWO FIRE BOSSES AT ONCE THEY WILL BECOME NEIGH IMMORTAL)

ARCHMAGE PATH: projectile blizzard dmg+ dmg+ dmg+ should kill it in about 5 sec but costs a lot of mana

OVERKILL SPELL: Self gravity Zone projectile blizzard damage damage damage
this will make a zone at your feat that anyone standing in will shot blizzard spells like a machine gun (this might not work i cant remember if this is the right order or not)

Helper spells:

Shrink will half the physical damage dealt by a creature
Snare helps with hitting the thing with your blizzard
projectile recall can help move him to where you have your mark good for setting traps