Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
It is supposed to be the golemancers bell. I have no idea why that quest ALWAYS breaks.

How weird! Yeah, I remember it was a thing in the Hubris bug discussions, but I never saw the problem myself somehow...It worked fine for me. And now here in Banished it's catching up to me I guess. :) Ah well. Good luck with it, I know that's an old issue.

Still enjoying the heck outta this mod. I finally accidentally figured out how to get a baby chupacabra...The baiter fairy kept summoning cattle and I got attacked by like five chups at once, except that somehow when I'd killed them all there was this little guy...! Now I notice when I see chups attack cows they get little 'love hearts'.

I guess it's because there aren't enough goats around in Minecraft. >_>

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
How weird! Yeah, I remember it was a thing in the Hubris bug discussions, but I never saw the problem myself somehow...It worked fine for me. And now here in Banished it's catching up to me I guess. :) Ah well. Good luck with it, I know that's an old issue.

Still enjoying the heck outta this mod. I finally accidentally figured out how to get a baby chupacabra...The baiter fairy kept summoning cattle and I got attacked by like five chups at once, except that somehow when I'd killed them all there was this little guy...! Now I notice when I see chups attack cows they get little 'love hearts'.

I guess it's because there aren't enough goats around in Minecraft. >_>

why would you want a pet one? hoping for more you tube :)

BlackPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
sorry if this was asked already, but there isn't a recipe for the wakebloom (which i really need for my battlemage helmet), that doesn't seem to make sense if intended since they are the hardest AM2 plant to find in cave world.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Casting growth spells on water will spawn them. It is clarified in the quest book for the other plants :)

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
I spent so long trying to get a spawner to work for sheep and then realized I can plant fluffy puffs to farm wool...

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
are you supposed to spawn in a cave after going through the portal?
that is the ENTIRE point of the pack :p

on another note has anyone else noticed that there's a massive amount of FPS drop associated with the UI? If I press F1 to hide the UI my framerate more than doubles... I assume this has at least something to do with AM2 having so much stuff going on

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone doing Let's Play on this? I finally got a spawn that didn't immediately kill me, and I'm doing a ghetto cobblestone hut that's floating over flowing water (hoping that'll stop siege mobs from mining out my floor). Got some turrets. Thinking of setting up some lava on the flanks.

I think my first siege is near, and I'm very interested to see some tips for surviving it. I'm doing pretty good on resources, but I'm so paranoid I'm not using any. :)

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see a quest to get obsidian in the book, oddly enough. Basic stuff like seeds, wood, reeds, string...haven't seen obsidian. Is it under Dark Power?

Also haven't seen any phantoms yet. I've seen them in other attempts, but none have come this time.

I -can- get obsidian though. There's a lava lake nearby, and I have enough diamonds to mine it.

I kind of want to keep the lava though. It blocks off a big avenue of approach that would otherwise be vulnerable.

Hm.

darthwesix

Jul 29, 2019
it is in dark power I guess it is not unlocked yet make your base elevated with holes you can hit mobs from so they cant nerd pole to your base and break your blocks

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Will building the base over running water help at all? Or are they smart enough to go up over it?

Blargh. I have a feeling I may already be dead in this play through. How irksome.

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Ah ha! I see my problem. The FTB launcher for some reason was putting me in 1.1.1. No obsidian quest in that version. Forcing it to 1.2 ought to fix that.